Recent content by Homeyjoe99

1. Homeyjoe99

Alphard Golf Club Booster Sidekick Goes Live

I believe it will still 'look' for the remote. I usually either have the cart far enough away that it doesn't bother me, or I will take the remote off my belt and leave it with the cart.
  2. Homeyjoe99

L.A.B. Putters

I have the DF 21 also. Love it and might look at the Mezz this winter. One playing partner that I golf with a lot calls it the toilet brush. Every time I make a decent putt, I 'flushed it'! :D
  3. Homeyjoe99

I built a completely free app for golf tournaments and leagues called Squabbit

I tried to create a new league and setup team scoring to 'sum'. It made it 'average' instead.
  4. Homeyjoe99

Advice when Purchasing a Car

Pro Tip: Shop/buy at the end of the month. Most sales people will work a bit harder to make their quota or any other incentives they get.
  5. Homeyjoe99

Alphard Golf club booster v2

Update - I've been using the Sidekick the last couple weekends (6 rounds I think) and it's worked very well the whole time. There's a small learning curve to using it and figuring out the best way to use it on the course. I have it mounted on the left side of my bag near the front putter well...
  6. Homeyjoe99

I used the Sidekick twice this weekend. I first tested it in the backyard to figure out where I could mount the sensor. I have a Bag Boy bag and it has a round hole for the putter well. So that wasn't going to work. I settled on using the left side handle and having it in 'right' follow mode...
  7. Homeyjoe99

Love my Alphard V2! I got mine the last half of the season last year. No problems whatsoever. I also got in on the early release of the SideKick which arrived this spring. I haven't had time to try it on the course. I've heard you want to test it out in your backyard first to get a feel for the...
  8. Homeyjoe99

Shot Scope X5 Watch

I upgraded to the latest firmware and played 9 holes last night in league. Only had 1 hiccup. It was working great but when I got to the green on hole #5, it wouldn't go to the number of putts screen (auto putting mode). I had to go into the menu and select 'pin collect' and then it worked fine...
  9. Homeyjoe99

Shot Scope X5 Watch

I used my X5 for the 1st time yesterday and it showed 14,000 steps at the end. It stopped working sometime during the 1st hole but that might have been user error. Once I started it on hole #2 it never missed any shots. A bit of a learning curve compared to my old V3, but that's to be expected...
  10. Homeyjoe99

My sidekick showed up this weekend. Looking forward to testing it out. Unfortunately, we have over a foot of snow on the ground yet here in Minneapolis so it'll be another month before some courses open.
  11. Homeyjoe99

I bought a refurb unit off their site and with the money I saved I decided to splurge and get the Sidekick option too. It showed up just in time for the weekend and I used it Sat and Sunday (18 holes each time). Loving it so far and can't wait for the Sidekick to show up (sometime this winter it...
  12. Homeyjoe99

Check out the spin

Maybe there's a mexican bean in the ball? :D
  13. Homeyjoe99

Shot Scope V3 is Here!

You don't have to delete the round. When you start you can choose GPS only instead of GPS+track. I did GPS only this weekend when the winds were so crazy I knew it would mess up my average yardages for all my clubs.
  14. Homeyjoe99

L.A.B. Directed Force Putters

I'd heard about this putter before and saw a couple pros playing it last year. I happened to come across a couple of these at 2ndSwing a few weeks ago. They had about 5 of them for me to test out. I found one that fit my style and I traded 3 clubs in for it (straight trade). I'm in full...
  15. Homeyjoe99

Classic Cars

Here's my 1964.5 Mustang - 289 V8 - 5 speed manual from an '89 mustang The current project is a '57 Chevy 2 door hardtop, Matador Red with 283 V8 and Powerglide tranny. Got it back from paint last fall and now the fun begins, getting to bolt on parts as I acquire them. It came with most of the...
Back