Recent content by Grand Stranded

1. Grand Stranded

The 60 and over Thread

Yep, sorry… you’re correct, and that’s why they never let me do the scoring in our money games! 🤷‍♂️
  2. Grand Stranded

The 60 and over Thread

I edited the post. I think you had a typo or something when you said you were one under bogey after 6, then finished double, bogey, double for a 46? Wouldn’t that make you 3 over bogey on the front? Either way, great back 9!
  3. Grand Stranded

The 60 and over Thread

Was that score you gave a typo or is the front 9 par 34?
  4. Grand Stranded

The 60 and over Thread

Jon, it’s your choice obviously, but I’d go set Gap wedge then the CBX SW every time. Graphite shafts also… that tech has improved so much over the years. Personally, I‘m a huge fan of the Recoil series.
  5. Grand Stranded

The 60 and over Thread

Congrats, Sean! Why wouldn’t you count it? It’s a golf course, and you holed your tee shot. I never get to play shorter 9 hole course like this… do the scorecards show a rating for it?
  6. Grand Stranded

The 60 and over Thread

One of those days. Shake it off.
  7. Grand Stranded

Rainbow Cookies Are the Best Cookies

LET’S GO RANGERS!!!! 2 goals by Mika, up 4-2 in the 3rd right now
  8. Grand Stranded

The 60 and over Thread

So I woke up this morning and the hip feels about 50% better than last night. I‘m still limping slightly, and there’s a pulling sensation, but at least I’m mobile… which at our age is a bonus. Looks like it will be a couple weeks on IR for me though which sucks.
  9. Grand Stranded

The 60 and over Thread

I’m curious, you and I are about the same as far as our yardages. Do you get more from an iron when you tee a ball up on a par 3? I do. (No idea why, other than I’m probably not making proper contact off turf?)
  10. Grand Stranded

The 60 and over Thread

Yep, same here… my “warmup” is 3 or 4 air swings on the first tee, then I ease my way into the round. Thursday made me think I’m a bomber though, and it was full speed ahead from the jump today. 🙄
  11. Grand Stranded

The 60 and over Thread

With all I had going on up North recently, I hadn’t played for weeks and when I got back down here my back felt really good. I’ve played 6 rounds in two weeks and for some reason I began hitting the ball further. After a few putting mishaps on Thursday, I really let the flaps down and it went...
  12. Grand Stranded

The 60 and over Thread

So I was telling @SC Putter the other night about a couple 250 yard drives I hit on Thursday (where that speed came from, I have no idea…) and naturally I went out there today trying to duplicate them. The first hole I swung out of my shoes, and hit one about 235. The 2nd was a short 125 yard...
  13. Grand Stranded

The 60 and over Thread

You’re like the Energizer bunny, Mike. I get tired just reading about how you pack into each day. 😉
  14. Grand Stranded

The 60 and over Thread

Congrats man! @SC Putter you’re next!
  15. Grand Stranded

The 60 and over Thread

My back will only tolerate about 5 minutes of putting practice. I might hit two or three buckets of balls a year on the driving range because I know all to well what happens when I apply too much stress to my lumbar region. I stretch before I play, and work out regularly. I’m 5’10” and weigh...
Back