Recent content by Frank559

1. Frank559

Are Sunglasses Optional?

I do wear them when the sun is out. But need to take them off while putting. Have a hard time reading putts with sunglasses on for some reason.
  2. Frank559

Your Favorite Practice Facility Amenity?

Good short game area, practice bunker, and practice greens.
  3. Frank559

How does you salary look compared to this?

As a Nets fan... that's nothing compared to Ben Simmons who made $5.4 million per game this past season. Bc he only played in seven games. :confused:
  4. Frank559

Does Rick Shiels Move The Needle?

3m subs is a lot. He's making a fantastic living with those numbers. So I'd say yes he definitely matter. He's doing something right.
  5. Frank559

Why we play for scores instead of handicap differential?

Probably because score is the simplest, easiest, and most direct way to measure how one played. Of course shooting a 90 at Bethpage Black is completely different than shooting the same score at my home course, and I would absolutely caveat / introduce those nuances if they are meaningful (i.e...
  6. Frank559

2024 MLB Thread + Hot Stove Off Season

Well the Phils salvaged one win out of three against the Braves to start the season. Got that going for me
  7. Frank559

Tipping

It appears that you have a decided bias against entire industries and professions... I don't belong to the groups you mention above, but that's a bold statement to say that all of them add "questionable at best" value to our country
  8. Frank559

Tipping

You're pointing out things that are unrelated and have little correlation. On tipping - customers should be able to tip however much they want. It should be optional and not forced upon customers. On certain professions being overpaid - yes, absolutely. But this is a topic that is beyond the...
  9. Frank559

Tipping

GrubHub in new york city actually put up a notice to customers that tipping drivers is FULLY optional now because of the recent increase in minimum wage in the city. I for one would really like to go back to tipping for good service. These days sometimes vendors force you to tip BEFORE the...
  10. Frank559

Brands you are rocking in 2024?

No change for golf wardrobe. I just buy whatever is on sale. As far as looks / fashion I think golf is bottom of the priority list for me -- no ladies to impress. Just me and my golf buddies who are all pretty much slobs.
  11. Frank559

needs some thoughts and opinions

For me, small things can easily throw off my game. If I'm slightly tired or didn't properly stretch, I'm pulling almost every drive. Yesterday I was playing very well through 6 holes. My boss at work calls me and I pick up and we talked for 5 minutes about something and it sort of riled me up...
  12. Frank559

Why hasn’t the yellow golf ball caught on?

I play colored balls maybe 1/3 of the time. But that's only because I think they're easier to see and also easier to tell apart from your playing partners' balls. If I'm the only guy playing with a bright green ball I don't have to walk up to check the ball mark / brand / number to tell that...
  13. Frank559

Why do I want this $1000 Sunday bag so bad?!?!?

$1000? For a Sunday bag? In this economy?
  14. Frank559

"Consistency" - what does it mean?

For me this means eliminating the really stupid shots. Topped shots. Chunked shots that go nowhere. Shank that goes into the bushes. The huge hook or slice that goes extremely OB. You know, the ones that make you go, “what the hell was that.” I can accept bad shots. There will be many that go...
  15. Frank559

AskEcho golf bags.

Their website gives me a migraine.
Back