Recent content by elight

1. E

Shot Scope X5 Watch

I don't think mine ever really misses a shot. But a good feature would be the ability to "reset" the shot tracker after you've duffed a shot, punched out, or when you're double-chipping. Numerous times, I hit the same club twice within however many yards of each other and think, "Well, it's not...
  2. E

Shot Scope X5 Watch

I'm going back and forth between enabling the lock screen and not. When enabled, it's quite annoying to swipe to use the screen. When disabled, every time I look at the watch it seems to be on the Score Card/Add Penalty screen. Im like 0 for 8 trying to sync my round on the first attempt...
  3. E

Shot Scope X5 Watch

FEATURE REQUEST - If anyone from Shotscope is here. On the new hole view, it has the distance in the middle of the arc. But this frequently blocks the view of what you are trying to view the distance to (such as a bunker or a creek). Maybe the distance could be shown on the side of the arc or in...
  4. E

Shot Scope X5 Watch

Played my first 18 hole round with the X5 today. No issues on the course, which was refreshing - and I finally got in the habit of marking the pin location and checking the score at the end of each hole. (Might move to manual putting now that I've proven to myself I can remember to do things.)...
  5. E

Garage Simulator Crew

I wish I had a single-door garage with the opener in the middle and just two tracks on the sides. Having the two openers and the sets of tracks down the middle of the garage really makes this difficult - I feel like the driver will eventually hit either a track or an opener on the follow-through...
  6. E

Garage Simulator Crew

I have a 2-car garage (with two doors). I hit on the right side toward the back wall into a net, standing under the opener or just in back of it. Th occasional shank goes right of the net into the corner of the garage where I store my trash cans and some yards tools, so no harm yet. My wife's...
  7. E

Shot Scope Software - Data, Updates, Features, Requests and Questions

I would have guessed that the GPS coordinates are cross-referenced with LiDAR data. I know that LiDAR data is used heavily in designing simulator courses. It wouldn't surprise me if it is also used for mapping courses for tracking apps, although satellite imagery might be sufficient. LiDAR data...
  8. E

Shot Scope Software - Data, Updates, Features, Requests and Questions

I just mentioned this same thing in another forum. Seems like a no-brainer considering it only requires the use of publicly available data (the same dataset they use to map courses).
  9. E

Rapsodo MLM2PRO Personal Launch Monitor

How is your wifi in this area? Are you using wifi connection or direct connection? Like any other stream, the quality of your connection is important.
  10. E

Maxfli Softfli

I tested a lot of balls this year including Softfli, Straightfli and TriFli (and Tour). I really liked Straightfli because it seemed to live up to its name. I also liked TriFli but the price is so close to Tour that I don't know if it makes sense. Softfli was too soft for me - but if that's your...
  11. E

Do you already have a PC-projector setup? If not, might it be easier to just connect the tablet directly to a projector (if wired not possible, via Chromecast)?
  12. E

I bought an adjustable arm with a tablet/phone mount on the end. I mounted the arm onto the wall. I thought easier than a tripod and doesn't take up any floor space. (But depends on how far your hitting area is from the wall, as you need to be able to see it.)
  13. E

Oh, you're right! I hadn't tried again after my last session following the update. It does appear to work now. I still can't get it to record from my tablet, though (even though it displays the video feed from the tablet's camera).
  14. E

AwesomeGolf does look pretty decent for something that will run on Android/iOS. I don't need the realism of GSPro or some of the other PC-based software (and my setup wouldn't do it justice). I need something that's going to have a solid driving range/practice function, and something that will...
  15. E

That's because it's not even trying to guess at it. Wasn't the original Rapsodo unit the same - only measured distance based on launch angle and ball speed?
Back