Recent content by elementz

1. E

Breaking Down Ballyhack Hole #1

How severe downhill is the tee shot and approach? For a 400 yard hole, I see a few posts about using a long iron off the tee to give them 100-125 yards in? Love the breakdown...only wish I could be there.
  2. E

Do use a Golf GPS App?

Golfshot for last 10+ years. Grandfathered in before they started to charge a fee.
  3. E

Provisional Ball Question

I am sure everyone marks their balls a certain way....To save time I will typically open up a new sleeve and put my markings on each ball. However, when hitting a provisional, what is the etiquette to playing your next ball... Do you fire away with a ball that has the same markings? If so...
  4. E

Front door to first tee, how long does it take?

Like most answers...it varies on warm up or not. It is a 13 minute drive. About 5 minutes to get out of the car, set up the cart, put on the bag, throw in some water and gatorade, change shoes, get out a glove, ball marker, and divot tool. About a 30-60 second walk to the clubhouse to poke...
  5. E

Smoking on the course

I burn the devil's lettuce for about 95% of my rounds. I ALWAYS ask whomever I am with if they mind, and over hundreds of rounds, I never had anyone show resistance. I mostly walk so no worries about sharing the same cart. I remain courteous and try to do it after we hit our tee shots on a...
  6. E

What part of your game are you struggling with?

Right now....chipping and putting. I feel pretty good off the tee whether it is driver or 3w. I definitely don't hit my irons perfect, but it is night and day from what I was used to previously so I will consider that a W for now. Still need much more consistency and to work on not closing...
  7. E

ElementZ - Journey to improve Bogey Golf

Played another course in another city this past weekend. It's a relatively short course (Par 70. 5,677; 68.7/120) but uneven lies every where.....pipe a drive down the middle and you get rewarded with the ball a foot above or below your feet. On a par 5, if you hit a shot up the right...
  8. E

Worse Ball Scramble - Have you played it?

Insanely tough....especially when it comes down to putting....drain a 20 footer? Great...now you have to make it again for it to count. Done this before in a 2 v 2 where the opponents get to choose....it was fun and not fun at the same time if that makes sense. Something similar is the 2 v 2...
  9. E

Jekyll and Hyde golf...?

I recall one round at a very tough course, I went out with a 45 which I was quite happy about....my 3 friends were all in the low 50's so I was cruising....hit the back 9 and I forgot how to drive, chip and putt which resulted in a 60 on the back. Needless to say, my comfortable lead...
  10. E

It has been a minute since I posted....been trying to play some golf but work and life (and weather) always getting in the way. Since my last post, I have about 8 more rounds posted....at my home course, I went 82, 87, 89, and 79 (more on this one below) and played a few away courses with...
  11. E

have you ever hit anyone?

Scary but glad to hear your son took it like a champ....any interest to elaborate on the bold? I hit someone, by accident of course. About 15 years ago, just learning how to play. Holes 7 & 8 parallel with each other. We were teeing off on 8 and another group finished teeing off on 7. I...
  12. E

Played a fun, drunken scramble at another course in another city and had a great time. We obviously weren't in contention since I am considered the 'A' player of the team but a good time was had by all and thousands of $$$ were raised for a great charity (Pro Kids). After many beers and...
  13. E

PSA: Take responsibility for your golf ball

Crazy...glad to hear nobody was hurt,
  14. E

The rain has finally ended and now we are in extreme heat mode.....some of you southerners may be used to these temps but us East Coast Canadians, not so much. Went out after work and teed off at 530 and 3 of us finished by 9. Even when we finished the temps were showing 29* (feels like 37*...
Back