Recent content by EHump

1. E

Shot Scope V5 Golf Watch Review

First round with V5 today having switched from the X5, I have been quite critical of the X5 in that thread due to my experiences with it (I know not everyone has had the same). I have to say the V5 was excellent to use. Once you get use to the menu layout after a few holes it works really well...
  2. E

Shot Scope V5 Golf Watch Review

Thanks for the heads up Peter. I’ve decided to switch from the X5 in favour of the V5 which I should have tomorrow. The X5 became just a GPS device for me in the end due to all the problems I was having when in tracking mode so I’m hoping I can get back to tracking rounds and having all the post...
  3. E

Shot Scope X5 Watch

Here’s hoping this season I can use the X5 for more than just gps functions
  4. E

Shot Scope X5 Watch

I find it interesting the full map view isn’t even mentioned on the product page on the website as a feature that is coming soon…. As I have said I was a massive shot scope fan until the X5 and really want it to work, sadly it doesn’t and it’s been a big step back from the V3 for me personally
  5. E

Shot Scope X5 Watch

I’m beginning to lose patience with shot scope. The “new” X5 doesn’t speak volumes for last years watch, which many including myself, have had no end of problems with. I’ve barely used it as a tracking device since owning due to all the problems that come with it. It’s a real shame as I’ve been...
  6. E

Shot Scope X5 Watch

Has anyone found the connection between the charger cable head and the watch has become looser over time? It use to click in quite solidly but now there is no click sensation anymore and it’s become tricky to keep the charger in the port on the watch - it’s still possibly to charge it but it’s...
  7. E

Shot Scope X5 Watch

Is there any update on when courses with multiple greens that are alternated will be available on the x5? On the v3 it was a feature and it had distances to both greens F/M/B side by side
  8. E

Shot Scope X5 Watch

can you let us know how you get on with that? I am considering doing similar
  9. E

Shot Scope X5 Watch

I must concur with recent posts on here expressing general dissatisfaction with the X5. I now feel like nearly an entire season has passed by and I’ve only managed to log approx 9-10 rounds (all of which needed significant editing). In the previous 4-5 years with the V3 and V2 I had always...
  10. E

Shot Scope X5 Watch

Does any one know when the x5 will be able to provide yardages to two separate greens on the same hole, as the V3 did (it had both yardages side by side almost like split screen). I play on a course where the green alternates depending on the day but as it stands I am now only getting yards to...
  11. E

Shot Scope X5 Watch

Crossing my fingers that the first round with new firmware tomorrow will actually let me track my first round since getting the X5 in April…. Really missing having any data post round
  12. E

Shot Scope X5 Watch

I haven’t been using the tracking features due to all the reasons many users on here have stated and on my first couple of attempts it was useless due to many issues, many missed shots, incorrect clubs, shutdowns etc. In GPS mode it had been fairly solid with only one or two return to clock face...
  13. E

Shot Scope X5 Watch

Has anyone had the watch just start buzzing for no reason when not in golf mode (just on watch face screen before going to play). It doesn’t have any prompts on the screen so no idea why it is doing this?
  14. E

Shot Scope X5 Watch

The tip about the step counter and not pushing the trolley with your left hand worked well today. Clocked up over 9000 steps compared to 3000 before and there were definitely times I slipped back to pushing left handed
  15. E

Shot Scope X5 Watch

That’s a very good observation, thank you. I am a leftie but play right handed so do push my trolley mainly with the left. Next time I play I will try and use my right to push and see if this pushes the numbers up.
Back