Recent content by Duffer Seamus

1. Duffer Seamus

SuperSpeed Sues The Stack System For False Advertising

I honestly was not aware MyGolfSpy was a "competing website." The only other reference I found to the story was on a site I knew to be a competing site, so I purposely avoided referencing that one, because I know management here dislikes that.
  2. Duffer Seamus

I hardly see how it matters if it's real, and it does appear to be real: Media release from SuperSpeed Golf: MEDIA ALERT: Statement from SuperSpeed Golf Therein containing a link to the complaint: SuperSpeed Golf v. Stack System - Complaint For False Advertising & Jury Demand
  3. Duffer Seamus

Surprised this hadn't shown up on THP yet... [Note: Emphasis added] Full article: SuperSpeed Sues The Stack System For False Advertising
  4. Duffer Seamus

2024 Better You Fitness Thread

We've a hitch-mounted Kuat rack. Terrific bit of kit. Anyway... No lifting for me for another 3-1/2 weeks due to surgery. So I'm on a calorie deficit and I'm walking. Week 2 following the surgery I worked up to 10K/day, which is about five miles for me. Once I could do that comfortably I...
  5. Duffer Seamus

Sailing Lessons

This ^^^^^ is the correct answer. While you have to be careful with either maneuver (they don't call it a "boom" for nothing), jibing (or gybing) can result in a much more forceful motion and, because, when you're sailing before the wind, or running, the boom is usually a good deal further out...
  6. Duffer Seamus

Back Issues and Golf

I've had sciatica on the right side for forty years or so. As long as I work out and stretch regularly it doesn't bother me. I've about ten minutes of mostly dynamic stretching/flexibility exercises I do before I begin swing training each day. I expect I'll do the same before each time I play.
  7. Duffer Seamus

The Official Banter Away Thread

Umbilical hernia surgery is absolutely not a fun ride :( That is all.
  8. Duffer Seamus

Lower day, yesterday: Squats, Weighted back hypers, Trap bar deadlifts, Prone leg curls, Decline ab crunch/Standing calf raise supersets. May have been my last workout for six weeks, depending upon how today goes. That's gonna blow.
  9. Duffer Seamus

Senior Golfers…how do you identify?

I turned 73 this year. I identify as a senior mainly because it gets me discounts :), otherwise I don't really think about my age much. I'm in the gym 3-4 times/week. Do cardio. Yard work in the summertime, shoveling snow in the wintertime. Other than my eyesight and hearing not being what...
  10. Duffer Seamus

Yesterday was an upper day: Benches, Incline benches, Lat pull-downs, Standing bicep curl/Cable reverse fly supersets, Wrist rollers.
  11. Duffer Seamus

They're difficult, an' no mistake. But what fun would they be if they weren't challenging? :) For a while there I actually preferred front squats over squats. Then I started correcting my squat form so I like 'em pretty much equally, now.
  12. Duffer Seamus

An easy way to get used to the motion is goblet squats with a DB or kettle bell. I've been struggling with squat form. Then I added goblet squats with my adjustable kettle bell to my golf swing training warmup routine. I started out with the KB at only 20 lbs. or so, and slowly, over a couple...
  13. Duffer Seamus

Are you wondering what is the reason for doing them? The difference between (back) squats and front squats? There are plenty of articles explaining these. Just search on "front squat vs. back squat." In short: They more target the quads and core than (back) squats. Even I never had that...
  14. Duffer Seamus

You can do a lot with nothing more than a weight bench and a decent set of adjustable dumbbells. (Where "decent" does not include BowFlex.)
  15. Duffer Seamus

Don't just grab one and go. Do research on proper form and technique. While the hex (or trap) bar is easier than BB DLs, it's not free, and doing TBDLs come with their own challenges because you don't have the bar travelling up and down the fronts of your legs for bar stability. There are a...
Back