Recent content by drb1956

1. drb1956

SuperStroke buys Lamkin

They do come in different sizes. I have a 2.0, and I am very comfortable with it.. They do have a grip in black, but with some white, not much...
  2. drb1956

SuperStroke buys Lamkin

And good quality swing grips at that!! I play about 15 rounds a year, and Lamkin Crosslines last me for years! Well made swing grips, merging with a well made putter grip company.. I have used both for years...
  3. drb1956

SuperStroke buys Lamkin

I have the 2.0, and I like it. The 5.0 is just too much, even with my arthritic hands, and too much of a learning curve for me. The counterweight putter grips feel real stable.
  4. drb1956

SuperStroke buys Lamkin

Just been around long time. Was a Chicago company, but ended up in San Diego, and still run like a ma and pa operation. Large, but not too large. And the owner is real hands on.. I have played Lamkin Crossline white in different sizes(midsize, oversize), and a SuperStroke Traxion Tour 2.0 with a...
  5. drb1956

Is the ball “equipment”..???

Ok! With that being said, "you get to choose", just like your clubs, or "equipment", to play this game, a certain ball that fits your game. In baseball, or football, the "ball" is chosen as the standard, for which to play the game, but could be still considered equipment needed to play the game...
  6. drb1956

Maxfli StraightFli - does it really fly straighter than other balls? Thank you!

So, Glendale Lakes was a real test for me, and the Straightfli. Finished with a 106. Not exactly what I had hoped for. Wasn't looking for a 90 either. Driver was not exactly good for me, but did show some brilliance at times. Had some right down the middle, a lot that finished on the right side...
  7. drb1956

I "might" have a couple of boxes of Softfli yellow matte for sale when I finish my round today. We shall see how well the Straightfli worked for me. Tee time at 2 pm. If I play as well, or better than how I finished my last round with the Straightfli I found, then I have a new gamer...
  8. drb1956

What Are You Working On?

That swaying is a bad habit. Somehow thru the years, I had developed a sway going into tbe backswing, and two trips to Golftec in 10 years to get it fixed, as not one person I had played with could see it. I still have to really press myself at address to keep the legs quiet. Talk about swing...
  9. drb1956

What are your wedges of choice?

I have a Cleveland CBX Zipcore 46*, and CBX2's in 50*, 54*, 58*. I have played Cleveland just about all the time I have played golf. I use to play Cleveland 900's. And now, I have a Cleveland putter...
  10. drb1956

Not adjusted to hybrid life.

Usually don't need two swings on a par 3, but it does happen. On a par 4, that's different. My tee shot either makes, or breaks the hole..Switched out my set PW hybrid iron at 46*, to a specialty(CBX Zipcore) wedge at 46*, to give me more versatilty at the bottom...
  11. drb1956

Not adjusted to hybrid life.

As I have gotten older(67), my swing is shorter than it used to be, and still as inconsistent, caused by a late, or too early hip turn, and my swing speed has always been 75-80 mph. These Reva hybrid irons I use from GigaGolf are probably going to be my clubs for awhile, going into retirement...
  12. drb1956

The Maxfli part does not bother me, as I have been playing the sister ball to the Straightfli, the Softfli for the latter part of last season, and started this year. I like the fact that Dicks has the 2fer, 3fer value sales daily. Good value for the money, and not bad golf balls at all...
  13. drb1956

Ok! So on Saturday, I will be out at Glendale Lakes, "testing" Maxfli Straightflis to see if they are a good fit for my game, based on what happened 2 weeks ago, finding one on the course at 13, playing it the rest of the way in, and with great results. Bought 2 boxes, and I am looking forward...
  14. drb1956

GigaGolf

So, the season has started. Anyone playing GigaGolf clubs? Just a thought, as I will start my 4th season with the Revas(hybrid irons) in my bag. Trying a new ball this weekend, and I am anxious to see how well this ball plays off my hybrid irons. Just curious if anyone has purchased from Giga...
  15. drb1956

Anyone gone from hybrids back to irons?

Considering the conventional wisdom of switching to hybrids as we get older was something I gave a lot of thought to. I was playing driver, 3-wood, 2 hybrids(18* + 21*), than Cally X-20 irons from 4-PW. Never really hit those irons straight as I would have liked. My confidence was just so-so...
Back