Played a lot of competitive junior golf during the 60's and my first two years of D-1 college in 1971 and 72. Then pretty much gave up the game for a career. I played briefly again for 2 years in the early 1980's then started a family and drifted away again. Now, retired and soon getting back to my old game once we relocate to Iowa in 2018. I have played only one or maybe two rounds each year for the last 35 years. Luckily my health is good and I haven't really lost much physically and can still hit the ball and score.

Update: I played many new rounds at my new Club in Iowa during the summer of 2018. And for me the best part was the frequent practice on the range and chipping area.

I reached a major goal for myself Aug 2019. I turned 66 in June, 2019 and lost my chance to shoot my age of 65. That was a little disappointing but I knew it would be a stretch to shoot that well in my first year playing after being idle for so many years. I shot a 67 and a 68 in late July. Then on Aug 4 while playing with my best new golf buddies I birdied the last hole with a snaky left-to-right 12 ft putt for a 66.

I have shot my age 17 times now (as of 2021). Lowest score of them was a 63. I started playing a couple state-wide super senior tourneys in 2021. In the biggest one, three-putted last hole to fall into tie for first and lost in playoff. Didn't know standings until after the round; not sure if made a difference in 3-putt or not. Shot 221 and truthfully really didn't play that well over the 3 days. Hope to use experience to improve play in more events in 2022.

I won 2 super senior events in 2022. I led the biggest one going into the last round again but faded to 4th. I hope to win it in 2023 at age 70. It gets a little harder to keep up with the new 65-year-olds that come out each year. I finished in the top 5 in the state-wide super senior rankings and was honored at the association banquet this winter. Maybe I can play more events this year to accumulate more points.
Birthday
Jun 10, 1953 (Age: 70)
Handicap
+1.4
Occupation
Retired 2018

Signature

-TM M5 Tour 9* (set to 7*) Fujikura Pro 2.0 5 S
-TM M3 14.5* Fujikura Atmos 5 S
-Adams SuperS 19* Matrix Kujoh S
-Titleist T200 2i and 4i SteelFiber i110cw S
-Wilson Staff FGTour 100 5i-PW DG S300
-Vokey SM9 52* 08F
-Vokey SM9 56* 08M
-Scott Cameron Select Newport 2 Notchback

Trophies

1. 15

Seriously likeable!

Content you have posted has attracted a positive reaction score of 100.
  2. 10

Can't stop!

You've posted 100 messages!
  3. 10

I like it a lot

Your messages have been positively reacted to 25 times.
  4. 2

Somebody likes you

Somebody out there reacted positively to one of your messages. Keep posting like that for more!
  5. 5

Keeps coming back

30 messages posted. You must like it here!
  6. 1

First message

Post a message somewhere on the site to receive this.
Back