Recent content by dees06

1. dees06

Favorite Cobra Club Ever?

Baffler DWS will always be the king of hybrids in my book. Gamed mine for 20 years and still would my Stealth wasn't so good.
  2. dees06

What golf stuff did you buy today?

The only problem with those is that once a ball gets a taste of the woods or the water... they always want to go back :ROFLMAO: At least they won't go back at full price.
  3. dees06

What did you shoot today?

93 on a course I haven't played in a couple years. Was never really nice but was decent and reasonably priced. Actually hosted the Ladies US Open back in the 40s. Now it's a half step above a goat track. Worse shape of any course I've played in a long time. Greens with multiple types of grass...
  4. dees06

Trainer for swing speed and release?

Is there one out there that can help improve both?
  5. dees06

What golf stuff did you buy today?

Did my first legit fitting today at PXG. We don't have real fitting options where I live and I happen to be in a big city with options for the week. I've lost a few too many yards these past few years especially with the driver. I'm fairly consistent but consistently about 20y shorter than I...
  6. dees06

On travel for work and my hotel is right next door to a cool little public golf course in downtown Houston (Hermann Park). Soggy and crazy slow greens, but +8. Not bad for not being familiar and no way to figure distances. Made some adjustments to my KE4 Max irons over the weekend, increasing...
  7. dees06

+3 for my 9 hole Tuesday afternoon round. Started with 3 consecutive pars, a bogey, then 2 consecutive birdies (I know I've never done that). Another par or two and then finished up with 2 bogeys. Hit the ball really solid and the putter was working. Not my lowest ever round on this track (last...
  8. dees06

Red Lobster Files Chapter 11 Bankruptcy

Ate at Red Lobster first the day I got married. Only the best for the missus. In my defense, it was the classiest place I could afford and still have money for 2 bottles of absolut for the honeymoon. Not to mention it was fast enough as we had other things on the agenda. Haven't been back since...
  9. dees06

Thinking about buying a cart

I think so. I've seen them listed as Club Car Alpha and some as Precedent with Alpha Body.
  10. dees06

I see alot with "batteries recently replaced", so that's a good tip. I want to avoid gas if I can. I see many of the newer brands but don't know much about them. I like the Club Car Alpha and leaning toward that, but I'll probably take a peak at everything decent in my price range. Several...
  11. dees06

So I live at my home course. Have a membership. Have a push cart and a carry bag. Still thinking about a cart since many of the guys I play with don't walk and I end up paying a cart fee to play with them half the time. Not really a big deal, but I'm thinking of buying my own cart because golf...
  12. dees06

What shoes did you golf in today?

I rolled with Trues for several years. All the way back to the originals, but they just don't have the comfort for me they used to. Fit doesn't seem as good either. Probably my issue with high maintenance feet, but I moved on. Use them for yard shoes and running errands these days.
  13. dees06

What shoes did you golf in today?

Total convert to Asics Trail Shoes for golfing
  14. dees06

2024 Callaway Golf Bags

Picked up a Fairway C Stand Bag to use on my Nitron for weekday rounds. Fit's securely in the cart with minor modification. The leg attachement points are almost exactly in the Toplok dimensions, maybe a millimeter or 2 off. Slight massaging of the bracket was all that's needed. Going to be a...
  15. dees06

Washer/Dryer Recommendations?

Same. Replaced our aged LG top loader with a Samsung front loader at the insistence of the woman I am related to by marriage this year. I had resisted the front load machines for years. My pops had one of the first that came on the market and it was nothing but trouble. They've improved a ton in...
Back