Recent content by DCNatFan

1. D

Backyard Net

My 10 year old has asked for a net to be able to hit balls and practice when I'm not around to take him to the range. Can anyone recommend a decent model that will hopefully contain all balls even the errand pull to the left.
  2. D

Waterproof Shoes

I play a lot of morning golf in the dew and my "waterproof" shoes only seem to last about a year before my feet end up soaking wet. The latest were my Puma Cell Fusions which I played in last Sunday after purchasing earlier this year and my feet were soaked. Any suggestions on a shoe that will...
  3. D

Kinloch - VA

Heading there Thurs/Fri of this week for 54 holes - anyone been? We are staying the night in one of the cabins. Anyone done an overnight here - curious what the cabins are like and how the food is.
  4. D

WTB: 2012 PGA Championship Tickets

Not sure where to post this but I am looking for two general admission tickets for Friday at the PGA Championship. Tickets are sold out but there are some available on Stubhub. Thought I would try here first. Thanks
  5. D

IPhone Bag Clip

I have started using a few different GPS apps on my phone but wondering what everyone is using to hold their phones during the round. Any suggestions on holders/clips/etc. I walk and carry my bag 98% of the time. Currently have a Titleist bag.
  6. D

FS: TM R11 Driver 10.5 Regular - New

Brand new, still in plastic wrapping, TM R11 Driver, 10.5 degree, regular flex. Includes headcover and adjustment tool. Asking $275 (includes shipping) SOLD
  7. D

Need New Wedges - Help

I have been playing the wedges that came with my Callaway X-22 for over 2 years and I think it is time for some replacements as I am not getting the same performance. I have a PW (45), AW (51) and SW (56). I did purchase a Titleist Vokey LW (60) last year but have not loved it and it is...
  8. D

Grips

My irons need new grips and it got me to thinking about the grips on my other clubs (hybrids, 3w, driver). Do most people replace the grips on all their clubs to match or do they have different grips on the various clubs. Any benefit in having the same on every club.
  9. D

Heel & Arch Support

I have tried nearly every brand of shoes (Adidas, FJ, Puma, etc) and no matter the brand I end up with sore heels and arches after walking 18 holes. Since I always walk this is really beginning to annoy me. Wonder if anyone else has had this problem and can recommend any type/brand of inserts...
  10. D

Junior Golf Clubs

Have 2 youngsters enrolled in our clubs junior golf program this year, ages 9 and 7. They have some clubs but just something cheap I picked up of the clearance rack. I would like to get them something a little better this year, without breaking the bank as they are likely to outgrow them...
  11. D

Jamaica-Montego Bay

Headed to Montego Bay in April for spring break with the kids and friends. Looks like I will be able to get in 3 rounds while we are there. We are renting a house so we don't have any courses on site and therefore no discounts. Any suggestions on courses and discounts?
  12. D

Driver Issues

I think I have cured my shanks - knock on wood. I played yesterday and I am getting an odd ball flight with my driver. It is starting way left and then working its way back to the right. Not a slice. Some of the tee boxes where I play are tree lined and make it tough to get the ball through...
  13. D

The Shanks

I went out yesterday for a little short game/bunker practice. I then decided to play 9 holes since the course was empty. I last played a full round a week ago and everything was fine. Yesterday on the 3rd hole, a par 3 (160 yards) I hit a 7 iron, my typical club selection and the ball went...
  14. D

Low Punch Shot

The course that I play regularly I often find myself needing to play a low punch shot under some tree branches to try and advance the ball down the fairway. I am struggling with keeping the ball flight low enough. Can you suggest the proper set-up, club selection and swing for this type of...
  15. D

Dropping my right shoulder

Took a lesson today and I was told that on the downswing I am dropping my right shoulder and trying to hit up on the ball instead of down. My teacher didn't have many drills to help out. Any suggestions on drills and what I should be feeling on my downswing.
Back