Recent content by Daytripper

1. Daytripper

I'm not sure whether to be disappointed or happy about this...

That's pretty impressive you can see something is 2 degrees off by just looking at it - not even hitting it first.
  2. Daytripper

Why Tensei Blue

I was fitted for it on my Paradym driver last year and while it felt really good and I did decently enough with it I got a good deal on a Graphite Design AD DI and what a difference. I took them both out to the driver range last year with some impact tape and I was hitting the Tensei Blue all...
  3. Daytripper

14way divider? Why do you hate them? Or like them?

I don't like them much. I tried a Ping Hoofer 14 recently and I have larger grips and the clubs kept getting hung up both taking them out and putting them in.
  4. Daytripper

Kyle Berkshire on getting faster:

I agree with both Kyle Berkshire's advice and and MSEASU and smgoldstein. Ian from Club Champion on Youtube was talking with the long drive guy from Canada over the weekend and that guy echo'd Berkshire's advice almost exactly. Also, I've spent a bunch of time with superspeed and have gotten...
  5. Daytripper

Bushnell Tour V6 Shift

I had a V5 Slope that worked pretty well but it didn't always lock on the pin and jolt but I left it on a cart and never got it back. I've replaced it with a V6 (non slope) and the pin lock/jolt works quite a bit better. I found I didn't use the slope function as much as the pin lock so I'm...
  6. Daytripper

Recommendations: Golf books for beginners.

"The Timeless Swing" by Tom Watson. Easy to understand, and photos, both of which are very helpful to me.
  7. Daytripper

D spot wings

It is actually on 10th St in Oakdale, right off I 694 in the strip mall that has the Cub Foods. My favorite is Buffalo Bill, buffalo sauce covered with blue cheese crumbles.
  8. Daytripper

Payntr X 004 RS Golf Shoes

I did get a pair last year online (X001F) with the first responder discount because my wife is an RN, wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't remember. Love the shoes, very comfortable, excellent traction, great for being water proof. Maybe a placebo effect but they have that graphite...
  9. Daytripper

Whats the Coldest and Hottest weather u ever played?

Being in Minnesota I've played in the cold a few times. One time was on 12/31 with a shotgun start so everyone had enough daylight to finish their round and you had to bring a hammer to hammer your tee into the frozen ground. Another time one of my playing partners slipped and fell on the ice...
  10. Daytripper

First Look: Callaway 2021 ERC Soft Golf Ball

My skill level probably isn't good enough to notice all the differences but to me they seemed quite a bit alike in feel and spin holding the greens. Neither back up for me when going for the green but neither seems to run out too far. I like the ERC quite a bit better because I seem to get...
  11. Daytripper

Do you play with many “lefties”...?

I'm a lefty and reading through this thread I keep reading where we stand on the wrong side of the ball, think about it, we stand on the right side of the ball. Also, my 9 hole golf league team has 6 players and 3 of us are lefties. Finally, I am 6'6", try finding clubs and especially XXL...
  12. Daytripper

Pull not push when putting on grips?

I've re-gripped many times and have never even thought to pull. I always push the grip on and always seems to work fine.
  13. Daytripper

The Cleveland Launcher XL Halo Hy-Wood

The grip doesn't have the counterweight. It is a weight stuck into the end of the shaft. You can buy counterweighted grips, here is one from Secret Grip...
  14. Daytripper

Which color of this Big Max golf bag would you choose?

I would go black. White is actually my favorite color choice but I know, personally, I would get it dirty and would not like that look.
  15. Daytripper

Henley Golf Shirts

I wear henley golf shirts almost exclusively and I get the Grand Slam ones from Kohls, must be late in the year as they don't have as many colors, but they are great: https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-4794953/mens-grand-slam-classic-fit-baseball-collar-golf-shirt.jsp?color=Chili%20Pepper&prdPV=1 .
Back