Recent content by Carolina Golfer

1. C

SuperStroke buys Lamkin

makes sense, SS is known for putter grips, this gets them into swing grips. Their swing grips were below average.
  2. C

Feeling Terrible Because I Hit A Kid In The Face With A Drive Today

Sorry to hear it, it wasn't intentional. One time I was waived up on a par 3 by one member of the group. Hit another person on the shoulder as he was not aware that I had been waived up. Accidents happen everywhere including the golf course.
  3. C

Cleveland Launcher XL Halo Irons

The hybrid irons tend to hook a little. It's hard to fade or slice them.
  4. C

Don't get discouraged. If you're coming from traditional irons, there's an adjustment period. It will be worth it!
  5. C

The 60 and over Thread

You can't go wrong with CPO or the Halos. If cost is an issue, then the Cleveland HB Turbos used are a good choice. If you build a Halo set and based on what you said about your iron play, I'd add a few Halo hybrids 4, 5, 6.
  6. C

Deep faced 3 wood suggestion?

My son is basically a beginner, he'll play once every few years. But, he seems to be more interested now. He is looking for an easy to hit 3 wood off the tee. I was thinking of a deeper faced club. New is good maybe a previous gen. But, a used club might work. Thoughts?
  7. C

Job applications, cover letters and AI

I use it to post jobs to candidates. In most cases, it writes it very well and in seconds, pretty amazing.
  8. C

The 60 and over Thread

This video is a bit long. At the end, Milo and his pro talks about dropping the trail foot with the driver for better rotation for seniors and then 8-W, open up the stance to rotate through the shot. Makes sense. He also suggests to start the downswing before the backswing ends, Unfortunately...
  9. C

Snell Golf 2024

Interested in the 2.0. The bad part of regular two piece ball is the lack of greenside spin. If it's long for a slow swing speed with greenside spin? Sure!
  10. C

Cleveland Halo XL Hybrids and Hy-Wood Review

Embrace the whip is well said. I've hit some great shots with the original hy-wood thinking a slow swing with good tempo.
  11. C

Getting old sucks: Post your ailments

Bad back, knee, shoulder and wrist. A former boss of mine said, no big deal, it's just pain :)
  12. C

The 60 and over Thread

Any seniors stop keeping score? At this age, it's about enjoying the walk for me with company or getting out as a single. Now, when I chunk one on a chip, I just hit another and don't think about it. In my younger years, a bad chip would ruin my day. I still want to play well. But, I no longer...
  13. C

Welcome to the forum. Also, look up the over 60 forum here at THP. With a shoulder problem, you'll fit right in! I honestly don't think you can go wrong with the Halo's, T-Rails or LP's. I have the prior gen Halos and like them. Just watch out for a light and flexible Cypher shaft. I'm not sure...
  14. C

Will Tiger win again?

True, he won't be in good shape at 50 y.o. Time to design courses, go the equipment route or be a commentator.
Back