Recent content by captaincaution

1. captaincaution

How much is bogey avoidance an active part of your game and course mgmt?

Only on par 5s. Everywhere else, it is double bogey avoidance. A bogey is rarely going to lose more than one stroke to the field, and that is on par 5s. Bogeys can happen. Doubles are usually a product of a bad decision, or an extremely terrible swing. If you're short sided in the rough, just...
  2. captaincaution

Sailing Lessons

I raced on Lake Michigan for a number of summers with a bunch of friends. Was a boat full of engineers and an attorney :LOL: I'm with @wadesworld on good sailing gloves. I was partial to those with full fingers on the ring and pinkie only. Easier to tie and untie knots with the three other...
  3. captaincaution

Callaway Chrome Tour, Chrome Tour X, and Chrome Soft Golf Balls

The last two rounds I almost flew over one particular par 3 green to front and middle pins because I was taking too much club. Going one club shorter will be a welcome adjustment.
  4. captaincaution

Brought my young son on the course for the first time

My wife's a Realtor. Of course I can't make a weekend tee time. :ROFLMAO:
  5. captaincaution

Beer in a can tastes better than beer in a bottle

Cans block all sunlight, are lighter, easier to transport, and you can't shotgun out of a glass bottle :ROFLMAO:
  6. captaincaution

I came to the realization this weekend that even if I have to take a cart and bring the kids with me, that's going to be cheaper than a babysitter. So lots more kids in the cart with me this summer to get my golf in! Just wait until he asks to go to the course!
  7. captaincaution

Callaway Chrome Tour, Chrome Tour X, and Chrome Soft Golf Balls

I'm a believer in Chrome Tour. Great distance, plenty of spin on approach, even for me. Wildly minimal wind effect, especially into the wind. Need to not club up as much as with the previous CSX.
  8. captaincaution

I mean, he definitely took fewer strokes than you. Glad you were able to get the kid out. Sucks that other people suck.
  9. captaincaution

ANNOUNCEMENT Introducing Participant #1 for Team THP in the Grandaddy of Em All

This is so awesome. So so awesome! Welcome to the team @mwoodpga
  10. captaincaution

Tour Event The 2024 Masters Contest and Thread Sponsored by Cobra Golf

I think they got the body type of JDay wrong in the sketches.
  11. captaincaution

It's called "Domestic Beer" :ROFLMAO:
  12. captaincaution

They're going to run out and shave the bank on 13 down before the 2nd round groups get there.
  13. captaincaution

Tougher with the wind out of the south.
Back