Recent content by askthejak

1. askthejak

Anybody have any information on these?

A friend ran into a set of these and we don't have a clue what they really are. They are a set of GMA Royal Star Japanese Irons. The box says only 333 sets were made. The link is the only trace of them I can find on the internet...
  2. askthejak

Woodworking?

Anybody else on here like to do some woodworking? I just got done staining a piece, and now have to wait until tonight to start the polyurethane. Who out there likes to build things?
  3. askthejak

Back from my hiatus

Hi THPers, It has been a while since I posted here- crazy couple of months. My wife and I bought a new house, something of a fixer upper, and I have been spending all of my free time doing what needs to be done there. On top of that, I was in Pittsburgh for 5 weeks for work. Hope all is well...
  4. askthejak

Got a package today...

I got home this evening from my league match, and there was something waiting at the door- my 3DX Pros. I unwrapped them and they look great. Little bit thicker topline, but they feel great to swing. I can't wait to hit the range tommorow after work and try these babies out.
  5. askthejak

Great Story

Watch the video in the link below- really awesome story about two extraordinary people. Cleveland high school wrestlers -- one blind, one an amputee -- define the meaning of friendship - ESPN
  6. askthejak

This seems like a good deal....

I was just perusing ebay, and there are two new sets of 3DX pro irons on there for $180, 3-PW. It seems like a good deal to me, but two questions- how wide is the sole and what is ballflight like?
  7. askthejak

wtf seriously

So I stopped at a driving range this morning before work. The place is bad (old shag balls with no dimples) and overpriced, but I wanted to hit a bucket. I was hitting some irons and then pulled out my beloved G10- the most reliable club in my bag. I hit one and it is good. I hit another, and...
  8. askthejak

Unique holes

Played a crazy hole lately? Post it here. I played at a local country club (54 holes there, 27 hole par 3 course, 27 hole regular course) last week that had a par 5 shaped like a "Z". The hole is in a deep valley, so there were no shortcuts to be had, it just took three good shots to hit the green.
  9. askthejak

Ping irons

I have loved my G10 so far (I think I hit 11/14 fairways yesterday, which is good for me). This has gotten me thinking about picking up a set of their irons. There are a couple on ebay I am looking at (black dot- so I could get them customized pretty easily- I am 5'11, so standard length is...
  10. askthejak

Would you make this trade?

I have my White Hot #9 (mint) for sale on the other site, and somebody came back with a couple of trade offers. The one that interested me was a Titleist 906F4 15.5* w/ GD YS-6+ FW stiff. Just wondering if you would make that trade. I wouldn't hate a new 3W. Mine is soo long, but it tends to...
  11. askthejak

Ping G10

How have people's experiences been with this club? I know Gummi Bear plays one. I have read good things, but looking for a little bit more.
  12. askthejak

Ebay user question

Anybody bought anything from "bobsbettergolf"? I am looking at a G10 that he has listed, and wanted to know if this is a reliable source.
  13. askthejak

Who else has done this this year?

So I took aim at the flag on a longer par 3 with my Cobra Baffler 3H. I take a swing, and the next thing I know, my club is light. Shaft snapped right at the hosel- bam. Club is toast- reshafting costs more than I paid for the club.
  14. askthejak

Iron push/pulls

This is a similar question to the one rocketsauce had in a thread, but kind of different, so I started a new thread. I tend to push/slightly fade my long irons, but straight pull my short irons. I have worked on keeping my shoulders more quiet through impact with my short irons, with mixed...
  15. askthejak

Cobra Baffler hybrids

Any thoughts on these? Good deal I am looking at on one, and was wondering about people's experiences with the club.
Back