Recent content by Alpine

1. Alpine

Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers

I never hit the stock Tensei Blue but ordered it with the no-upcharge Denali black. However, this shaft doesn't work well with my aggressive transition. The GD VF6x produces the best results. I have bought both the Max and TD head and tinkered with various weight settings. Putting a lighter 10g...
  2. Alpine

Check Aliexpress, which is the most convenient option for me anyways (living in Europe). To be totally honest, I find these Billy Bob items hugely overpriced considering that with 99% likelihood they don't produce these themselves but order them from China anyways. You'll get these weights for...
  3. Alpine

I will try to build my own version of the TD Max with the lighter slider back weights and heavier front weights I ordered online for the Max and put it head to head vs. the normal TD. It certainly won't match the COG of the TD Max but getting it more forward compared to standard Max will help...
  4. Alpine

L.A.B. Directed Force Putters

It took a bit over a month from placing my order in early March to receiving my new DF3 today here in Continental Europe. I went through the online fitting with Jack who recommended 71°/37”. As I didn't have a chance to test the different shafts, I decided to go with the Accra based on internet...
  5. Alpine

I just don't get along with the Denali Black. I have a relatively aggressive transition and get really good results from the Hzrdus Black line (Gen 4 and RDX), but the Denali just doesn't perform for me. It is significantly spinnier and dispersion is worse irrespective of the club head.
  6. Alpine

As I want to let the Max and TD battle it out and sell the one that does not make it into the bag, I decided to buy an off the shelf TD. I do not care about the shaft. I was incredibly surprised and confused when I measured the brand new TD. Any of you have any idea how Callaway measure playing...
  7. Alpine

Seems like the Ai Smoke TD Max head might be released to retail in April. Apparently there were some hints dropped in the latest TXG / Clubchampion video with JW of Callaway which they edited out and reuploaded the video.
  8. Alpine

Does anyone have a direct comparison of launch angles between the 9* Max and TD heads? I won't have a chance to hit the TD head unfortunately. When my driver swing is not on point, the 9* Max head (set at 8*, neutral) spins too much (around 3k). Launch is perfectly fine in the 13-14* range with...
  9. Alpine

Has anyone tried the Epic Max LS weights? At least the shape looks like it could potentially fit. I have not seen AI Smoke aftermarket sliding weights yet.
  10. Alpine

Agreed, same experience here. My iron miss is long left but my driver miss has always been to the right (Speedzone, LTDx and TSR3), which is why I played most drivers in the upright setting. However, with the 9* Ai Smoke Max head there is hardly ever a right miss but there have been some scary...
  11. Alpine

Interesting. I didn't have a chance to hit the Denali black but decided to order my 9* Smoke Max with this shaft (60g, 6.5) simply because the resale value is higher for the Denali than the Tensei AV Blue. Either the Denali works well or I might purchase a Tensei AV Blue or change the adapter on...
  12. Alpine

Is your bag set for 2023

Mine is pretty much set... at least for now. TSR3 w/ GD Tour AD UB 6x (might experiment with another Ventus TR Blue 6x which I still have) TSR2+ w/ GD Tour AD 8s or Tensei 1K Black 75x Callaway UW (21 w/ Smoke Black RDX) Taylormade P790 4i (Project X 6.0) New Level 623 CB (5i-PW w/ Nippon...
  13. Alpine

New Release: Callaway Apex UW

Hard to say, but it could gap nicely. As a potential point of reference, see below numbers of good hits on my local range (w/ range balls) - note that I only got the 17* in my bag as a potential 3 wood replacement and am waiting to receive the 21*. 17* UW (Hzrdus Smoke Red 70g / 6.0; 41.50"...
  14. Alpine

The Stack System

I don't have any recent Trackman or GC Quad data, but SS of around 105mph seems about right. On that day ball speed was around 150mph (according to the Garmin R10), although with range balls, which might explain the suboptimal smash factor (+ gaming a new Cobra LTDx LS & Hzrdus RDX Black 60 6.0...
Back