Recent content by alistaird

1. alistaird

Lefty playing right hand golf??

It's hard to create that move as it's not an easy FEEL for me. Lots of swings without the ball just focused on feeling the first move as a weight shift into the lead foot. I've found that practicing 1/2 swings with a wedge with the weight starting on the lead foot helps to get that feeling. A...
  2. alistaird

Lefty playing right hand golf??

Hey @JonMA1 - read a lot of your posts and didn't realise you were a lefty playing right handed. I'm not but my first ever coach was a natural left hander who learnt left handed and then taught himself to play right handed as he couldn't afford new left hand clubs and right handed were more...
  3. alistaird

Mitsubishi Diamana WB Shaft Review

Great review @Jman Looking forward to seeing one of these in the flesh and having a swing. A
  4. alistaird

What are the signs of a bad Instructor?

This discussion is interesting... Like most I've had good and not so good instructors. When I was younger I had an instructor who asked whether I wanted to get a bit better or a lot better... We went down the later route but moved away before I got to where I wanted to but this was a...
  5. alistaird

What Are You Working On?

Being aware of a feeling for each type of shot, so starting from the bottom on a full swing and turning the shoulders on a finesse swing. Not a swing thought but a swing feel. Take several practice swings (starting with a very short swing) until I can feel it, then step in and go. It gives me a...
  6. alistaird

Blew It Up, Trying To Piece it Back Together Again

This is what my new coach encourages - the 1/2 swings at 70% help to promote the right sequencing around your weight, hips etc as you are working much less about distance etc. He is one to focus on getting the sequence and weight transfer correct and the rest will follow. Keep in there -...
  7. alistaird

Would you ever take driver out of the bag pending the course you are playing?

I'm working on a 70% 1/2 Driver swing to get my sync correct. This normally results in a low straight drive so may get rid of the 3w and stick with this and then I can use the Driver everywhere. So NO.... A Sent from my XQ-AT51 using Tapatalk
  8. alistaird

It's really not THAT small

Th3 good thing about that club is you could us3 it either way around. Just use a slightly weaker grip and it would be a RH 3i. A
  9. alistaird

Last Concert You Attended?

And there's a name I haven't heard for 40 years or so... Robin Trower, certainly was a great many years ago. Hope he's retained that talent. Enjoy A Sent from my XQ-AT51 using Tapatalk
  10. alistaird

Well, My Mind is Officially Blown

Interesting and thanks to @golfaddict77 for posting his experience.... This makes me want to get my Callaway Big Bertha Golds back out of the bag and have a go with them.... A
  11. alistaird

What Is The Bigger Golf Red Flag?

I remember playing a casual round with a few guys from work... One had a rattly old permission 3 wood which sounded horrible on the practice range. So off we wondered to the first tee as our four ball - and the hole was a dogleg right and he was off last. So after 3 very average tee shots -...
  12. alistaird

How Strong Is Your Grip?

I'm pretty neutral for the long game, weaker for the short game. I used to have a much stronger grip when I played years ago, but now find if I play around with strong, my brain seems to over compensate and leaves the club face open - weird so I don't mess with it. A
  13. alistaird

Would this stop you from playing?

Looks like normal British golfing weather - what's the problem? If we didn't play in that, might not play often :)
  14. alistaird

Shaft Fitting Now or Later?

When I got back into the game, I found a used set of irons that roughly matched what I used to play and started with them. They were good enough for me to start to relearn the game and then I updated (part exchanging on CPO so they didn't cost me much for 18 months use) them about 18 months...
  15. alistaird

Half My Handicap in 12 Months

Fourth lesson, quick check of short game lesson and all good .. Moved into Woods and Driver and the fundamentals are starting to work at the top of the bag. Not as consistent as it needs to be, but he gave a great tip.... If I lose my sequencing with the full swing go back to a 1/2 swing at...
Back