Apple iPad. Did you get one?

so if you wanted to use it as a navigation as well you would need to buy the service?

I personally hate tethering....but thats just a personal preference, I have to tether when I am on the road for work, its just annoying

so if you wanted to use it as a navigation as well you would need to buy the service?

I personally hate tethering....but thats just a personal preference, I have to tether when I am on the road for work, its just annoying

What kind of issues are you having with tethering? Mine seems to work without any issues.

my ipad2 should be here monday. woo hoo

I got an ipad....refurb with the applecare.. thing's fun as hell. I enjoy it, but it's really not for me. hehe Apple has some good stuff sometimes, but they sure milk the name till it's dry.

I'm using an iPad to get on THP right now. Actually, it's my wifes company iPad. She is in IT and the company uses iPads to cull logs as opposed to the usual handhelds which cost $700+ per unit.
I recently purchased an Android tablet by Viewsonic for my dad. So far I've been pretty impressed with it and am considering one for myself.

my ipad2 should be here monday. woo hoo

Enjoy, it's a lot of fun to try and learn and play with all the sweet little tricks, have fun!!!

I have not yet made the plunge. At this point in time, I think I am going to wait until the next version/release. I did get a chance to play around with one this past weekend and it is pretty cool.

Just saw this thread and had to respond...
I just picked up a Motorola XOOM w/ Android OS and I LOVE IT!
My buddy has an iPad and he is planning on selling it and getting the XOOM... so much more capability!

Anyway, just wanted to throw my $.02 in on this really old thread!

Somewhere hiding in Steve Jobs bald spot, OEM Kevin just shed a tear.

Somewhere hiding in Steve Jobs bald spot, OEM Kevin just shed a tear.

haha. Actually I was about to tell B_Lock that my co-worker did the exact opposite selling his XOOM to get an iPad2. He wanted to be winner too.

I picked up an iPad 16Gb 3G (gen 1) for my mom for mothers day. She was so excited she started to cry. Made me feel really good. :act-up:

Cool little devices but I don't think I would personally use one enough to warrant 4-500 bucks.

GG entered the IPad world yesterday.

Welcome GG. I hope you like it. My wife and I love ours. Did you go Wifi or 3G?

Good move. Smart wife you have there JB!

Tappin' from my iPad!

Congrats GG! You are going to find yourself using a laptop less and less. I would say that 80% of my computer stuff is done on the iPad now.

Congrats GG! You are going to find yourself using a laptop less and less. I would say that 80% of my computer stuff is done on the iPad now.

I dont really think that will be the case for her. As owner of a rather large website, her 2 regular computers will still be getting quite a workout.

Congrats on the Ipad GG! I love mine, lots of great things you can do with it!

I dont really think that will be the case for her. As owner of a rather large website, her 2 regular computers will still be getting quite a workout.

Assuming she went with the iPad2? Or did she go with the original?

I just got my ipad2 on Tuesday. Still working through it. Does a lot more than my previous

Thanks everyone! I was pretty against a tablet, whether it was the iPad or something else. And I am still a little uneasy with the fact that I just spent that kind of money on a machine that does the same thing my phone and my laptop can do, but I must admit I love the size of it and the portability. I love that it's bigger than my phone and much easier to type on and I also love that it's lighter and far more portable then my laptop. However, I will not be able to get rid of my laptop because it has way too much THP stuff on there, and sometimes you just need a regular keyboard and mouse to use.

Welcome GG. I hope you like it. My wife and I love ours. Did you go Wifi or 3G?

I got the WiFi version.

I used to really like GG, I thought she was cool and I enjoyed our phone conversations. Now she has an Iphone and an Ipad, I don't think we can talk anymore and that makes me sad.

Back