What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
80, 38/41. 3 whacked the first 2 holes trying to get used to fast greens, but eventually found my distance control. 7 Greens on front, but only 2 on the back. Par's were easy on the front, but something was a little off on the back and I was definitely struggling with my approach shots. Drove the ball well with the exception of 2 holes, which resulted in a lost ball and one in a bad position for going at the green. Putting was decent, but just couldn't get any longer than 8' to drop. Had some opportunities to work on my bunker play, which was nice. 1/3 on sand saves, but was more impressed with the ability to get out of the sand and be near the pin.

CHeck your math again there, DD. You might have shot a 79 if your nines are correct!

CHeck your math again there, DD. You might have shot a 79 if your nines are correct!

Haha. You had me excited for a minute Smalls, but I actually shot a 42 on the back. Not really sure why I typed 41. It's getting late...

81 at Chambers Bay from the Sand Tees
80 at The Home Course from the White Tees

Awesome Jules thats so good to hear! Not only did you break 90 but you broke 85, thats a great job man, CONGRATS!

From one lefty to another, Thanks Coolbreeze

101 yesterday :( (was hoping to stay in the high 90's) brought back an old driver that has a stiff flex and lower launch. I guess I need to hit the range with it much more.

Shot 88 in my first time picking up a club since Feb. Shot 47-41 , playing lift clean and cheat here in soggy Ohio :(

Been a hectic weekend. Played Friday and just got 18 in. 91. 40 Putts. YIKES. Half was speed and half was reading. I couldn't put a good putting hole together until 15. Really disappointed with that. The DART was going right where I aimed bt unfortunately I wasn't aiming at anything that remesembled a line to the hole.

Front 9 I only hit 2/7 Fairways but just missed two with my Dr, I'm talking less than a yard and the other I just destroyed my teeshot about 10 yards further than Im used to on the hole. They were both great drives. I didn't hit one bad shot with my driver (knock on wood). I hit 4/9 greens and it would've been 6 but I just missed by a foot and the other was due to a penalty. I should've scored better than 45 on the front. 20 Putts with 3, three jacks

Back 9 lol. 6/7 Fairways... 3/3 with the M3 and 2/3 with the driver. The 1 miss with the driver was 2 yards. 3/9 on GIR's though as my short irons were just high and short. Can't figure it out. Lessons will be coming but not until after the outing. The short game was there as I had a couple 1 putts because of some really nice chips. 20 putts with 4 three jacks. Just a lot of missed opportunities which left me pretty frustrated. ON a good note though my driving came back and so did finding fairways. Some of the greens I missed weren't by much which is something I've been working on. The improvement is there so that's encouraging.

16 GIR
75% FW.
39 putts.

Yips.

13 GIR.
65% FW
38 putts.

I'M IMPROVING!!!!1

Worst week of putting in my entire life. Greens were running at 11 on the stimp, moronic pinplacements (close to/midslope) and wobbly greens, but I still hit the damn putts. Two weeks off until the next tournament, I know what I'll work at. I'm a world beater tee-to-green but I can't chip and putt to save my life. 0-for-6 in scrambling, I mean WTF.

41 this morning. 4 bogeys, 1 dble, 1 birdie. Had a good rhythm going, at 1 over after 4, then hole 5 blew up for a dble bogey, and bogeyed my way in with a birdie on the par 3 7th. All in all a decent 9 holes.

79 with 2 doubles on back to back to holes. Ouch! Loving the new Nike 20XI-S ball though.

shot 3 over for a 39 after work today
1st hole was brutal... hit tee shot deep(into the woods)
took 2 kevin na's to get out
then stuck it close for a tap in bogey
then 4 straight pars in a row... could not get a birdie putt to drop
6th hole missed the green and almost chipped in for birdie... 2 putt bogey
7th hole almost drove the green... duffed my chip... long 2 putt par
8th par
9th 551 par 5 ripped a teeshot 280 to the right edge of fw
duffed 2nd shot with 4w trying to get it over the water (short thank god)
3rd shot flew the green
chipped up close... missed 6" par putt by a blade of grass... so much for 38 just like that... bogey for a 39... dang it

shot 100
wind was really whipping

made it 14 holes with the same ball and was starting to think i was going to make it a full round with the same ball; then of course i hooked one OB into the creek and then went into a total meltdown the last few holes

gotta love this game

Shot 40 in POURING rain and 30KMH winds today. Ball striking was way off today and I missed a 3 footer on 4 for par, 3 putt parred 5, and hit a terrible chip on 7 to bogey as well. Could have been a lot lower today.

Shot an 86. 45/41.

Definitely started to turn it on a bit as the round closed. Could've been a much better round but I was putting like a complete fool on the first nine. Ball striking was good, chipping was good, putting was atrocious at times. Still, it was a beautiful day and a fun time.

Yesterday I shot 96. Today 86. Today's 86 was with 2 penalty strokes and ended double-double. It could have been really good. I ran and went to gym yesterday before playing, so I think being tired was part of the problem. (But I really need to lost back 10 lbs)

Yesterday I shot 96. Today 86. Today's 86 was with 2 penalty strokes and ended double-double. It could have been really good. I ran and went to gym yesterday before playing, so I think being tired was part of the problem. (But I really need to lost back 10 lbs)

Good stuff Koko, except for the grammer in the brackets, I don't know what that means.

played like :poop:, lots and lots of :poop:

Wow...just shot 39 on my last 9 holes out and the only thing I wasn't hitting well was my driver. Today I started out with an easy par, and from there I blew up. I quit keeping track after a few holes because I could not hit a single good shot. I was Sh***ing shots straight to the right, which I have not done in years, I was chunking numberous shots, and my nasty hook that I had on my long irons at the end of last year came back. I have not been hooking anything so far at all this year, but today I was hooking all my long irons (basically anything up to 6 iron) and even my 3 wood and hybrid. I even sha**ed a 60* wedge straight to the right on my last hole. I ended up somewhere in the high 50's, I don't know because I quit keeping score after several double and triple bogeys in a row...this better go away fast...

Shot an 85 today and was actually pretty excited about it. We were playing the Dunes course in Denver, a course I've never seen let alone played. I can't say the course set up hard at all, in fact the greens were pretty slow and allowed me to be really aggresive, but it was a great time with some great company.

Oh I cracked 100 today. Pouring rain, some hail, then I got the back 9 in. Had the course to myself though. Shot 10 more than the 92 last week. It's early things are co
On together

Shot a 90 from the blues, on a course with a slope rating in the high 130's, in a torrential downpour that was accompanied by 30 mph constant gusts of wind. I'd say I had a darned good day for a duffer like myself.

BTW Footjoy makes kick @$$ rain gear!!!

Serious golfers use Tapatalk.

Got out twice this past weekend. I already posted about my 88 on Saturday that I managed to squeeze in just before it go dark but didnt have the details. So heres how it broke down: 48/40, 36 total putts, only hit 5 FW's and 4 of them were on the back and only 4 GIR's. The first five holes killed me, double, double,bogey double and double. Ouch.

Then on Sunday I played the other course that is close to me and its much more challenging. Its a very tight course and about 400 yards longer. Shot 88 here too. 46/42, somehow managed to hit 10/14 FW's, 34 putts and 5 GIRs. I had two of the easiest birdie putts Ive ever had, back to back and missed them both. I was a little upset. But the back was pretty good and that was with throwing up an 8 on a par5 where I couldnt get out of my own way. This was an interesting round for me. I didnt hit my irons all that well but still managed to make shots when I needed to. Didnt hit driver very well but still hit FW's. And on the par5 17th I managed a good 250 yard drive that left me 199 over a pond into the green. I dont get many shots at going for a par5 in two so of course I went for it. Missed it but still alked off with par. So thats three rounds in a row breaking 90 and hopefully now I can finally stay in the 80's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back