NFL Draft Contest & Thread

I think Detroit did very well for themselves in this draft. Their D line is now super scary and Titus Young will be a great compliment to Calvin Johnson.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Agreed on that one. I was surprised with their RB pick, but I was also surprised he was still there, so I understand it. How often is Detroit going to take a RB in the NFL Draft?

Agreed on that one. I was surprised with their RB pick, but I was also surprised he was still there, so I understand it. How often is Detroit going to take a RB in the NFL Draft?

Good question. I think now they have a nice 1, 2 punch out of the back field.

I think Cleveland did well for themselves too. Greg Little will be a difference maker. He's big, he's strong, he's fast and he has ridiculous hands.

Loved the Little pick....Still think they need someone to throw him the ball though.

It crazy hearing Lewis say that Palmer is out and Dalton is in.

**I workabilitied that post using Tapatalk**

Loved the Little pick....Still think they need someone to throw him the ball though.

Haha. Well, the Browns think Colt can get the job done.

I think the real winner so far has been Butch Davis! Lol, awesome to see so many UNC guys drafted. Says a lot about what he's doing.

@JB and TC...who is this Colt guy witht the browns you speak of. They have jake delhommo, they don't need a qb

@JB and TC...who is this Colt guy witht the browns you speak of. They have jake delhommo, they don't need a qb

Old Jake is dead to me.

JB, I have to admit, seeing Mallet fall as much as he did was odd. Off the field issues?

Old Jake is dead to me.

JB, I have to admit, seeing Mallet fall as much as he did was odd. Off the field issues?

It has to be. Based on score, most had him in the top 3 QBs in the draft, and quite a few (including NE) had him 1st.

It has to be. Based on score, most had him in the top 3 QBs in the draft, and quite a few (including NE) had him 1st.

Wow! I thought he was the most ready of the group. You're right though, fantastic pick by NE. He'll be a stud in 2 or 3 years.

So most say the Vikes reached with Ponder...Maybe, but how good was their next pick.

Rudolph was far and away the best TE in this draft and can make an impact immediately. Rice, Harvin and Rudolph as weapons...And oh yeah, they have a guy to hand the ball off to as well.

So most say the Vikes reached with Ponder...Maybe, but how good was their next pick.

Rudolph was far and away the best TE in this draft and can make an impact immediately. Rice, Harvin and Rudolph as weapons...And oh yeah, they have a guy to hand the ball off to as well.

Ponder will be fine. He's smart. I'll take smart QB's over dumb ones any day.

I like what my Giants are doing though I do not understand the WR in the 3rd round but depth is always a good thing.

Cleveland has to be a winner. The picks were ok but the moves were awesome. They have so many picks stocked up now. Really liked what Buffalo did too. They just kept taking good players that kept falling to them. Thought Cincinnati did well too. Carson who? And the Patriots just keep rolling along making awesome picks and hoarding picks for next year.

Cleveland has to be a winner. The picks were ok but the moves were awesome. They have so many picks stocked up now. Really liked what Buffalo did too. They just kept taking good players that kept falling to them. Thought Cincinnati did well too. Carson who? And the Patriots just keep rolling along making awesome picks and hoarding picks for next year.

It is great to get the picks like you say ( Cleveland) but if they dont make smart decisions with those pics ( see New England) then having them does not matter. Look at Cleveland's draft history for 1st rounders, before 2007 where they drafted Joe Thomas at# 3, where have any of these guys panned out for the Browns? Brady Quinn? Braylon Edwards? Kamerion Wimbley ? (tthe good thing about him is he was traded for a pick which landed them Colt). Not the picks, it is how you use them.

It is great to get the picks like you say ( Cleveland) but if they dont make smart decisions with those pics ( see New England) then having them does not matter. Look at Cleveland's draft history for 1st rounders, before 2007 where they drafted Joe Thomas at# 3, where have any of these guys panned out for the Browns? Brady Quinn? Braylon Edwards? Kamerion Wimbley ? (tthe good thing about him is he was traded for a pick which landed them Colt). Not the picks, it is how you use them.

All true. But whats the difference between then and now? Whos in charge.

Winners and Losers so far?

I think the Bucs have done tremendously well. Bowers falling into the mid 2nd was big and grabbing Foster in the 3rd adds immediate depth and ST help.

I love Jon Fox drafts, but I am puzzled with a few of their picks so far.
Love Von Miller pick
Orlando Franklin is a very good OL that can play all the positions, but it was a reach a little bit there, and they still needed front 7 help.
The Nate Irving pick was puzzling. They could have traded down or possibly even got him in the next round or two and instead grabbed him in the 3rd. He is a ILB at this level, and with his lack of speed, might need to be in a 3-4 because he wont be able to drop into pass coverage and is not great at it to begin with. He is a great run stopper and has solid instincts. He was a beast and in 2009 suffered every injury imaginable after a car accident and has slowly been on the rise since. Good guy, but just a couple of rounds early.

Agree with you here that Nate was definitely a reach for a position that they were ok in (with the Miller pick). I think it was more one of those upside potential picks and in the mean time he should do well in special teams type pick. I'm happy that they traded down at the right time and picked up a few picks later on (granted it's not NE like stockpiling but not everyone has a Belichick). I actually loved the Orlando Franklin pick. I heard the current brass is down on Ryan Harris and if the pundits are right this kid is a mauler that'll fit what Fox wants to do with the running game. What does concern me is the DLine. I'm hoping they address that sooner rather than later and get a few depth guys.

I liked Detroit's moves and Washington's as well. Oakland I just don't get, but hey it's Al and if you're the fastest dude out there it's almost a certainty that you'll be donning silver and black when you get drafted.

I think the saints did really good. Grabbing Cameron Jordan ten turning around and getting Ingram and wilson was a huge help to them. They were a playoff team already and for them to get those 2 helped out for a big push for the SuperBowl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice call! Im pretty sure he broke/set a lot of records at Kentucky. I watched I think 2 maybe 3 games were kentucky played and he tore it up. Wildcat, Outside WR, slot, reverses, think he lined up in the back field a number of times, you name it he did it.

My 2 sleepers are Edmond Gates (WR from ACU) One of my best friends is a coach there so I used to hear about him from time to time. Think he will go late 2nd round to middle 3rd round. He will be a #2 or #3 WR. I look at him as a devon bess. He is only 5'11 190 runs a 4.37 but is really really quick in and out of breaks. Probably wont have a big impact right away but in 2-3 years I look at him exactly like a devon bess. 60-70 catches and around 700-800 yards.

My other is Kendall hunter. I think its mostly due to me being a homer to the Big 12 and liking Oklahoma state. He isnt very big or runs a fast 40, actually its considered pretty slow at 4.5. But he is quick and can be a very good 3rd down back. Probably wont have an immediate impact (depending were he goes) but once he bulks up a little and maybe get the 40 time down some, he could be a good back.

Part in bold...

Was wrong on where he would go but he just went off the board a few picks ago and whats funny is, he will be playing right a long side the guy I compared him to. Devon bess. Dolphins drated him with the 14th pick in the 4th round. He should be able to stretch the field with his 4.3 speed and possibly take some coverage off of Brandon marshall. I guess he might be more of a Johnny Knox(who also happens to be from ACU) more than bess, since knox is able to stretch the field but is also a tad quicker at 4.26 compared to Gates' 4.37. Now he just needs someone to be able to throw to him. Dolphins need a QB badly.

Another great pick by the packers in grabbing DJ Williams (TE from Arkansas) to help relieve some pressure off finley in blocking duties and he can catch the ball as well.

Good pick by the cowboys in grabbing a CB to. He might not be the best CB, but they need some help there.

Really really cool watching a guy get drafted when you played against him in highschool and he only lived 10 minutes away from you.

Colin Jones-S from TCU went 190th overall. He was a senior when I was a sophomore and they were a bigger school than we were but we always scrimmaged them each year before the season since they were just right down the road from us. He played RB and just tore it up, he was so fast. Had over 1800 yards rushing plus 1100 yards receiving that year. He ran a 4.32(probably 4.4 in HS) at his pro day and was not a small guy for a rb at that time. 5'11 190ish.(6' 210 now) I remember watching him at a track meet one year in the 100m and 200m just absolutely blow everyone away. Cool to know you played against an NFL player. A good buddy of mine is his cousin, so maybe we will get some free tickets. ha

Really really cool watching a guy get drafted when you played against him in highschool and he only lived 10 minutes away from you.

Colin Jones-S from TCU went 190th overall. He was a senior when I was a sophomore and they were a bigger school than we were but we always scrimmaged them each year before the season. He played RB and just tore it up, he was so fast. Had over 1800 yards rushing plus 1100 yards receiving that year. He ran a 4.32(probably 4.4 in HS) at his pro day and was not a small guy for a rb at that time. 5'11 190ish.(6' 210 now) I remember watching him at a track meet one year in the 100m and 200m just absolutely blow everyone away. Kinda cool to know you played against an NFL player. A good buddy of mine is his cousin, so maybe we will get some free tickets. ha

That's how I feel every time I watch Wes Welker play.

That's awesome! Did he play wr in HS? I bet he was a quick little rb wasn't he?

Nope, Wes was a WR and their K/P too. But I'll say it till the day I die, he was a WAY better defensive player. I'm talking knock your eyes out. Made one of my best friends think a ham and cheese sandwich was peanut butter (THAT loopy) and snapped another's collar bone. Crazy stud. Hardest hitter I've seen in person still, though in my first year of coaching Curtis Lofton was close. Dayum.

Nope, Wes was a WR and their K/P too. But I'll say it till the day I die, he was a WAY better defensive player. I'm talking knock your eyes out. Made one of my best friends think a ham and cheese sandwich was peanut butter (THAT loopy) and snapped another's collar bone. Crazy stud. Hardest hitter I've seen in person still, though in my first year of coaching Curtis Lofton was close. Dayum.

Dang I wish I could have been a couple of years older and layed against Wes. My brother and three cousins played against him in two playoff games in high school. He scored 3 td's in the game, one being a kickoff return that, if I remember right, was 95 yards or so!

My brother said the same thing about his defensive skills. He was a crazy freak on the opposite side of the ball! I saw some film of him in high school, and man.. that cat could lay out 6'5" receivers like nothing!

Oh man.. Curtis Lofton's a whole nother story.. dang, he is a BAD man on the field!

Received my prize pack this week! Thanks JB and Hackers!!

Back