Madison Pressel wins Big 12 title

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
http://progolftalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/25/family-ties-morgan-pressels-younger-sister-wins-big-12-title/

Family ties: Morgan Pressel’s younger sister wins Big 12 title
by Ryan Ballengee

Apr 25, 2011, 9:20 AM EDT

Last weekend, it was Tiger Woods’ niece Cheyenne who won the ACC individual women’s golf championship by seven shots. On Easter Sunday, another relative of a golf standout took a college conference championship.

Madison Pressel, a sophomore at Texas and younger sister of LPGA dynamo Morgan Pressel, won the Big 12 women’s golf championship. Her final round of 71 was good enough to leave her five clear of the field.

The win is Pressel’s first of her collegiate career.

Unlike in the case of Cheyenne Woods’ individual win, Pressel’s team also won the conference title. As Beth Ann Baldry reports, the Longhorns won the Big 12 title by three strokes over Texas A&M.

58602.jpg

Good for her!

morgan is prettier lol

That is a talented family.

When I see family members excel like this it makes me wonder if it's genetic, a product of being introduced to something early on in life, or both.

It must be in the jeans :D

When I see family members excel like this it makes me wonder if it's genetic, a product of being introduced to something early on in life, or both.

Dont forget they have a tennis player in the family too. Aaron Krickstein

Wow. I get a family history of heart disease. Thanks mom and dad.

Wow. I get a family history of heart disease. Thanks mom and dad.

But you're quitting smoking. Big plus for you!

Thanks for the info Small. Being an only child it always interests me to see how the athletic talent is spread through siblings.

Tiger has a niece? Is it through Elin's sister? Or his half brother(he has a half brother i think, doesnt he?)?

morgan is prettier lol

Could you post a pic of yourself......LOL....and let me be the judge....

Great story though. I really had forgotten about her.

Tiger has a niece? Is it through Elin's sister? Or his half brother(he has a half brother i think, doesnt he?)?

Her last name (Woods) will answer that question.

Yeah no kidding eh? Big DERP on my part.

This is the first I am hearing of Tiger's niece who is apparently pretty decent at golf. Suprised I hadn't heard of her before.

Back