Zero Friction Introduces the FatTee

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a press release

Zero Friction has done it again! What you may be wondering? Well, that's simple. Zero Friction has created an innovative new performance enhancing product that is also good for the environment. It's called the FATTEE™.

Nearly unbreakable, at 70% stronger for less breaks and better performance, the FATTEE™ is the next hottest golf tee to hit the market. It's thicker than your traditional wood golf tee, so that it provides unparalleled strength compared with traditional wood or bamboo golf tees. As an extra bonus the lettering on the side of the tee acts as a height system. Just place your tee to the letter of your choice and get ready to take your first swing!

As an added benefit the FATTEE™ is made of 100% bamboo. Bamboo tees are eco-friendly as bamboo is the most renewable plant on Earth with its incredible regenerative properties and has the strength of wood. Combine these aspects with a larger shafted golf tee and we promise you won't be replacing your tee after each hole!

The Zero Friction™ FATTEE is the newest addition to the Zero Friction Performance Tee line. Zero Friction™ continues to produce high quality performance products with innovative technological advancements that have the ability to change the way the golf tee is thought about.

The FATTEE™ will be available in June 2011 in 2 ¾" and 3 ¼" lengths.

2037724.png

Those look cool I'm going to have to find the and try them out.

I like It . I will give it a try. Like the fact that you can get consistant hieght from TEE's by using the letters.

Looks Epoch-ish to me. And if that's the case, then it's about time that ZF followed suit.

Sounds great!

Only thing that is bad is that is most certainly another year before they find there way up here.

• Admin
Looks Epoch-ish to me. And if that's the case, then it's about time that ZF followed suit.

Agreed, but its bamboo, which could help.

• Admin
lol, How so?

From the eco friendly side of things. I mean if I get the same durability and it isnt as bad, I am all for it.

From the eco friendly side of things. I mean if I get the same durability and it isnt as bad, I am all for it.

Aren't the Epoch's environmentally friendly as well though?

70% stronger? I think I've only ever broken maybe 3 or 4 ZF tees and that was using iron off tee in 4 or more years of using them. If this is case I'll never have to buy tees again. Only time I have to get another if I lose it or give one to a friend.

Aren't the Epoch's environmentally friendly as well though?

They say they are made from recycled materials, so in that case yes, but in the end, I would still think a natural product would be a better source moving forward...Again, just my thoughts.

I am going to have to give these a whirl. I am just about always up for trying something new.

I prefer the place that the ball sits to be a bit grippy-er, if that makes sense. I'd certainly give them a try though.

70% stronger? I think I've only ever broken maybe 3 or 4 ZF tees and that was using iron off tee in 4 or more years of using them. If this is case I'll never have to buy tees again. Only time I have to get another if I lose it or give one to a friend.

i break them all the time... maybe due to the courses around here having ridiculously hard ground on the teebox

the fattees look interesting... it would be much easier to use than their skinny ones with sharp prongs
i might have to try them out

Hmm, how are these supposed to improve my tee shots? I completely overlook these fancy tees at the store and grab a $5 bag of wood tees. Not saying tees like these don't do anything, I just don't know what advantages they provide over broken ones for par 3s and intact ones for drives.

These look....interesting.

And I have no problem breaking the Epoch tees either. Especially the small ones.

Hmm, how are these supposed to improve my tee shots? I completely overlook these fancy tees at the store and grab a $5 bag of wood tees. Not saying tees like these don't do anything, I just don't know what advantages they provide over broken ones for par 3s and intact ones for drives.

For me, there are a few reasons why I like another brand's premium tees. They rarely break and I can carry one in my pocket for a round or three. The ball sits on them without falling off. Some have markings so I get a consistent tee height without having to adjust after placing the ball.

Interesting concept...I'll definitely keep an eye out for these. One concern I always have with these types of tees (thick, epoch, etc.) is how they break with an iron shot (which I personally prefer that they do). Some heavier/plastic tees feel like they turn the club head when using an iron, which I'm not a fan of. Hopefully these are better in that respect. I love that even tee technology is innovative for this great game!

These look interesting, I would give them a go. Plus if they are better for the environment I'm all for it.

I have never used these, but I have say that the brand name seems to be a total misnomer. How are these Zero Friction? They seem to me that they would impead the progress of the club much more than the traditional tee. Just curious.

I have a bunch of Zero Friction and Epoch tees. I love them both and rarely ever break 1. I'm interested in these.

If I ever have to buy tees again I will give these a whirl. I seem to leave the course with more tees than I start with!

I'll definitely give them a try. I'm still burning through my WalMart tee's. I think I got like 17,000 for $3? Its probably better I'm a little more environmentally friendly with my tee purchases.

I might have to try a bag of these. But I don't know how they'll work out over here.
Just like bogey_russ said, the ground here (especially on tee boxes for some reason) is insanely hard and a larger circumference tee stem might be hard to push in the ground sometimes.
I've already bruised my thumb on a tee head a couple times before. It taught me to quit being a dummy and use the ball to push the tee in.

I hardly ever break a tee. I do however lose one on nearly every other drive as I barely stick them in the ground and they fly off somewhere and I cant find them half the time.

Back