Callaway Staff Putters - The Morgan Cup

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is the thread for all the information and pictures of the Morgan Cup staffers from Callaway and their putters. You will be able to get reviews and ask questions regarding any of the putters in the Callaway line.

You will be able to follow along with their thoughts and findings as they make their journey to the Morgan Cup. Lots of preparation stuff in here.

wow it just got real! I can't wait to see everyone's thoughts on these putters between the DART and Tour Black models.

I wasn't sure if we could post yet lol. I can't wait and this makes me very excited to know the D.A.R.T could be showing up very soon. This is going to be a great thread!!!!!!

I have some fantastic news! I arrived home this afternoon to find a lovely box waiting for me. My heart jumped a beat as I knew what was waiting for me. I tore out of the car, grabbed my camera and tore into the box.

Here's a picture of what was waiting for me:

DSC_0305.jpg

After opening the box, I couldn't wait to tear into the plastic, finally putting my weapon of choice in my hands:

DSC_0306.jpg

The headcover is fantastic! It's really easy to get on and off and the magnetic closure has plenty of holding power. I particularly enjoy the graphics on the sole of the cover. It screams Odyssey, and the embroidering is sharp!

DSC_0307.jpg

Here's a shot of the putter at address. I love the alignment aid and to me, it might be one of the best in the business. I think what really sets it apart is how the DART (line) itself narrows as it gets closer to the golf ball.

DSC_0308.jpg

Finally, the insert! Classic Odyssey insert that I've come to love! I've never had speed issues with an Odyssey insert, rather an issue with aim and direction. I can't wait to pair all of these lovely features together on the golf course.

DSC_0309.jpg

And what unboxing would be complete these days without some sort of video!

Awesome pics Capt. TC!!

Look forward to seeing everyone's pics and choices as they arrive.

I'm just glad that thing is a lefty or someone might have died. Excellent pictures and thoughts TC.

#lefty

Tapatalk: better on the iPad

Well I chose the D.A.R.T Mallet buddy. I spent a lot of time rolling every putter in the D.A.R.T line and 3 of the the Tour Black Series. I could list all the attributes I liked about each putter and they all had a lot. I thought for sure I was going to end up with a Tour Black after I started my head to head. The Tour Black has a similar putter to my 330 mallet but the D.A.R.T alignment system really grabbed my attention.

I've never used the alignment on the ball to its potential. When you combine that with the putter it's a striking visual to accompany your putt line to be honest. It was almost automatic within 5-10 feet. I missed putts but they weren't often and the type of miss I was seeing with the other putters.

Lol, as I was typing TC with an epic post! Love it man. That putter is gonna hole you some putts my friend. I'm checkin the video out now!

Very cool. nice video. I bet you all are getting very excited. Its going to be a great experience and event. cant wait to see some other equipment pictures.

I have pretty high expectations for the DART, and I chose it for one reason alone: accuracy! I feel like I can read putts well, and I can put a good roll on a golf ball but my alignment has been awful. I've always shy'd away from mallets b/c honestly, I think they're ugly as sin. Never have liked them at all. I've always been an anser style guy or a heel shafted guy, but those just never were technically the right putter for me. I can't express how pumped I am about this putter. I've never rolled one in LH so I hope what I experienced with the RH version holds true for me.

Another huge thank you to Callaway/Odyssey golf for making this possible. The putter showed up in fantastic shape and I couldn't be happier to represent such a wonderful company! It's raining here today or I'd be on the putting green, hahaha.

great looking putter TC! Can't wait to hear how it works for you. Love the video and the pics!

great looking putter TC! Can't wait to hear how it works for you. Love the video and the pics!

Thanks buddy. I hope everyone's putters are at home waiting for them. I can't wait to see them. I was tickled to death to see that box sitting on the porch.

Good luck with that flat stick and it may be the ticket to a sub 70 round this year :thumb:. I am not yet sold on the appearance of this putter however if it drains more putts, it's a no brainer.

Great pics and great video TC!!! Interesting looking putter, I hope it brings you all the success you expect from it.

That thing is sweet TC! Video and pics were awesome. Can't wait to hear how it rolls on the course.

It sure is pretty....

cool video of an awesome putter TC

incredible stuff TC. Cant wait to hear your thoughts on the dart. Callaway is doing well to get the gear into your hands nice and early in the golf season.

Thanks guys! I appreciate the warm words. One thing's for sure, it's different to look at, but I try to look at what it does well and there are a couple of things:

1. If you miss align it, you're an idiot.
2. It promotes a nice forward press when you sole the putter behind the ball. I like this b/c it takes yet another small step out of a putting stroke (especially if you tend to give a little forward press before you pull the trigger on a putt).
3. It's beautifully balanced. It almost takes effort to open or close the face of the putter on the back stroke.

All of these things make the putting process simpler for me, especially mentally. I think that may be the biggest asset of this putter.

That's the first time I've seen one in LH. Hope it works well for you!

That's pretty B.A. there TC!! Best of luck with it!!

Thanks guys! I appreciate the warm words. One thing's for sure, it's different to look at, but I try to look at what it does well and there are a couple of things:

1. If you miss align it, you're an idiot.
2. It promotes a nice forward press when you sole the putter behind the ball. I like this b/c it takes yet another small step out of a putting stroke (especially if you tend to give a little forward press before you pull the trigger on a putt).
3. It's beautifully balanced. It almost takes effort to open or close the face of the putter on the back stroke.

All of these things make the putting process simpler for me, especially mentally. I think that may be the biggest asset of this putter.

I tried one out at the PGA show and it feels like it's already forward pressed. Definitely would take a couple days to get familiar with it, but it seems once it starts feeling natural to you that putter will drain putts.

Glad to see you guys are going to be getting these soon (or already have). Nice write-up TC. I must say that the MC talk has me interested in this putter. Especially the Backstrke version.

Back