The official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even Canadians don't like the CFL dude, we probably make more fun of it then you do. We're the little brother who will live longer because we have health care. hehe.

Haha dang you guys got us on that one. We will probably all begin to die of clogged arteries from Double Super-Sized Mega burgers and fries..

See I was gonna go the healthcare route but I said nay. Like I said, I suck. Sorry America!

It's okay.. this American forgives you!

im still craving cadbury eggs

Naw I don't want a canadian vs america thing to break out, the white house might get burned down again and nobody wants that, so lets move this to something else. I've eaten wayyyyyyy to much easter chocolate anyone else?

Oh me to man! Those freakin malted eggs are delicious.. those will probably be what clogs my arteries and gives me a heart attack

Oh me to man! Those freakin malted eggs are delicious.. those will probably be what clogs my arteries and gives me a heart attack

For me its the Caramilk cream eggs, I could eat like a 12 pack of those things.

Naw I don't want a canadian vs america thing to break out, the white house might get burned down again and nobody wants that, so lets move this to something else. I've eaten wayyyyyyy to much easter chocolate anyone else?

Did you just see how us 3 Canadians just delivered a huge pimp smack to Spiff there? That was unreal.

I didn't eat any chocolate. The easter bunny must have hopped over my house.

Gah those things are good to. I love holidays.. because I love food. All food. And that's not a good thing at all haha

Did you just see how us 3 Canadians just delivered a huge pimp smack to Spiff there? That was unreal.

I didn't eat any chocolate. The easter bunny must have hopped over my house.

I love Spiff, he shouldn't leave, and the easter bunny missed your entire province cause its just too damn cold.

Well you're probably driving the bus carrying a lot of us anyway... and I'm probably navigating!

Gotta love misplaced Bronco fans! How'd you end up in FL? I'm an air force brat so I spent a couple years in FL. And for that I blame my fandom of "The U".

FL by way of the Philippine Islands then NJ. I think the first football game I ever watched was a Seahawks v. Broncos game and I loved the orange crush jerseys so I just followed them since (BTW I still have my Sammy Winder jersey laying around somewhere). Imagine growing up in a town where 90% of the residents are NY Giants fans (you can tell by all the damn flags on football Sundays) and cheering for Elway and the boys during the '87 Super Bowl. Talk about torture.

As someone who doesn't own I have no concept of cost for some things. How much cheddar is it to redo a AC unit for the home? Plus then add the Flordia tax because you guys can't not have it

Depending on how much fancy crap and size unit you need to get. I'm looking at a 3 ton separated unit with 15-17 seer with a decent media filter for allergens and stuff and I'm looking at $4000 - $6000 that includes labor. There's government rebates and power co. rebates as well (not as much as last year) for roughly $500. That's per unit and in my house I need 2 since I have 2 floors (only one needs to be replaced though knock on wood).

Alright, new banter, Canada rules, thoughts?

Well at least you guys drive on the right side of the road and have poutin. Props for those.

dude you cant do the ac yourself? i assume its a central unit... my uncle is an hvac guy and ive helped him a ton... not too hard if its a straight swap

It's separated but I don't mess with that stuff. I have 2 choices actually, the cheaper route is just replacing the air handler (which is only $300 more than just replacing the actual issue with the coils and comes with a longer warranty) or buying a whole new unit. Reasoning for the latter is I'll be getting a more efficient unit and it'll be covered for 10 years. Either way it's a blow to the wallet.

Manitoba: 8 months of winter at -30 with 10 feet of snow, 40* in the summer with bugs as big as your fist

Victoria: 2 months of winter at 5* with no snow, year round golf, no bugs, 25* summers.

Victoria (+10):

weather_rain-40.gif

Winnipeg (+11):

weather_partlycloudy-40.gif

google it son :D

That is crazy.. That is just stupid crazy! When we complain about 85* days us Americans need to shut up! I have a whole new feel for you guys man! That's just too cold

That is crazy.. That is just stupid crazy! When we complain about 58* days us Americans need to shut up! I have a whole new feel for you guys man! That's just too cold

We are talking celcius though man, not your crazy imperial farenheight.

Manitoba: 8 months of winter at -30 with 10 feet of snow, 40* in the summer with bugs as big as your fist

Victoria: 2 months of winter at 5* with no snow, year round golf, no bugs, 25* summers.

Just had to play the long term card eh buddy?

Suck on this brah.

b06eee31.jpg
[/IMG]

I'm not sure if I'm jealous of that one spank, that just seems too hot. I am so content with 55-65*

We are talking celcius though man, not your crazy imperial farenheight.

My bad.. I'm sort of dyslexic. I meant 85* haha. Yeah, gotta love some celcius.. I got that stuff stuck in the brain from Organic Chem haha
I had a cousin that lived in Canada for a couple of years, and I didn't realize it stayed so cool! But it is Canada I guess.. I'm used to the melting Oklahoma heat!

My bad.. I'm sort of dyslexic. I meant 85* haha. Yeah, gotta love some celcius.. I got that stuff stuck in the brain from Organic Chem haha
I had a cousin that lived in Canada for a couple of years, and I didn't realize it stayed so cool!

Most of Canada is really cold in winter but hot in the summer, where I live is just like Seattle, maybe a little warmer cause we are on an island. Celcius is the best, to be honest I have no idea how your system works until I plug the numbers into a converter.

Edit: No reason to for the "my bad" considering you never use celcius I can see why you would think DAMN that country is cold.

Most of Canada is really cold in winter but hot in the summer, where I live is just like Seattle, maybe a little warmer cause we are on an island. Celcius is the best, to be honest I have no idea how your system works until I plug the numbers into a converter.

I always gotta do that too when I'm talking to Americans.. they just dont get celcius.

I'm not sure if I'm jealous of that one spank, that just seems too hot. I am so content with 55-65*

I used to say the same thing when I lived in NJ. Now all I want is straight heat.

Night fellas. Gotta get up early tomorrow to go to the beach. It was nice talking to y'all.

Edit: No reason to for the "my bad" considering you never use celcius I can see why you would think DAMN that country is cold.

Dang that is nice! I wish our climate was a tad bit better, but I guess living here all of my life I have just gotten used to the 110*F summer days!

I always gotta do that too when I'm talking to Americans.. they just dont get celcius.

Haha I know! I still have trouble with that celcius stuff.. It's like a whole new way of life in Canada.. gosh! haha

I'm gonna hit the hay guys (an Oklahoma term).. I need to banter a little more often! Good night Hacker's!

This is my 100th post in this thread. Off topic enough for yall amatuers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back