Official THP 2011 Golf Outing & Demo Day

I know....Every outing/event I hold my breath for days hoping it is okay. We have been good so far.

Oh it will be nice, Dr. Teeth and I have been very good boys this year, and mother nature is not going to let us fly from a rain forest only to get rained on in Florida.

Oh it will be nice, Dr. Teeth and I have been very good boys this year, and mother nature is not going to let us fly from a rain forest only to get rained on in Florida.

Very true! I was definitely on Santa's "Nice List". I'll just write him another letter telling him all I want for Christmas this year is nice weather in May!

I know....Every outing/event I hold my breath for days hoping it is okay. We have been good so far.
It's the same way when I planned and organized the spearfishing tournaments. It's an unknown. Short of an apocalyptic weather event, I'm playing golf.

First rule of a THP Outing is we don't talk about the weather ahead of time :D

It's the same way when I planned and organized the spearfishing tournaments. It's an unknown. Short of an apocalyptic weather event, I'm playing golf.

Whats the second rule, avoid TC's whatnot at all costs?

I couldn't agree with you more. Here's one guarantee... it'll be warm. :D

And remember this my friends, " I don't drink tea most of the time, but when I do, it's Uncle Daddy's sweet tea." I might add in moderation of course :D. Naw no sweet tea for me this trip which means more for the young Calloway bucks :drinks:

I'll break it down this way.

8 Rules of a THP Outing:

1. You do not talk about the weather ahead of time.
2. You DO NOT talk about the weather ahead of time!
3. No bitchin' or complainin'!
4. Mary must bring baked goods!
5. Stand behind Hanks.
6. Dress like a golfer.
7. Participate to the point of exhaustion.
8. Most important rule is to have fun!

:D

This weekend I got to spend some time with my buddy Jeff (dakotagolfer) and he and my dad are both very excited to be coming on this trip. It's really making the anticipation and excitement even higher for me knowing how much fun they are going to have right along with us. I am able to share the great experience I had last time (and will certainly have again this time) with some people that I play golf with all the time, that is really cool!

As GG and I are in the final prep for this outing, we have also begun the prep for 2012. I like biggsy's list quite a bit. I think we may have to make the 10 commandments of the THP Outing at some point.

8 Rules of a THP Outing:

4. Mary must being baked goods!
5. Stand behind Hanks.
6. Dress like a golfer.

Thanks for the run down biggsy! I definitely don't want to break any rules, especially the ones I don't know about! I love rule #4! I think that needs to be on there at least 10 times :D and rule #8 is a guarantee!

so - everyone who is dressing like a pro - how CLOSE do you actual resemble him/her? Im torn between two outfits - but i look nothing like them, or any other golfer really. curious how far people take this?

8 Rules of a THP Outing:

5. Stand behind Hanks.
6. Dress like a golfer.

The ankle shot will live on forever and ever....poor Hanks, it was an honest mistake that anyone could have done....I'm bringing a walking boot this time just in case it happens again!

8 Rules of a THP Outing:

5. Stand behind Hanks.
6. Dress like a golfer.

LOL! great list. nothing about alcohol and elevators?

As GG and I are in the final prep for this outing, we have also begun the prep for 2012. I like biggsy's list quite a bit. I think we may have to make the 10 commandments of the THP Outing at some point.
See folks, that's why this place is above the rest! You two don't really sleep, do you?

Love the rules Biggsy, I will abide by all. A 10 commandements of the THP Outings will be great. This will of course be my first outing, and I've already told the wife this will be a yearly trip for me! Looking forward to the first of many outings with all of you.

so - everyone who is dressing like a pro - how CLOSE do you actual resemble him/her? Im torn between two outfits - but i look nothing like them, or any other golfer really. curious how far people take this?

Can't tell ya cause if I do, KellyBo will whup my arse :deadhorse:

See folks, that's why this place is above the rest! You two don't really sleep, do you?

They can't, the 50" tv in the bedroom is as bright as the sun!

I am trying to go as far as I can with mine, short of irreversable actions (it would not be good for me).

great idea.

Outing Lore...gotta love it. I'm famous for all the wrong reasons :( For those attending for the first time, I'll be signing autographs in the ibar from 6-7 on Friday.
The ankle shot will live on forever and ever....poor Hanks, it was an honest mistake that anyone could have done....I'm bringing a walking boot this time just in case it happens again!

So you could have done that? Or maybe he saw you and said its time to take out all Fargoans.

Not lately.

They can't, the 50" tv in the bedroom is as bright as the sun!

That is true actually.

Outing Lore...gotta love it. I'm infamous for all the wrong reasons :( For those attending for the first time, I'll be signing autographs in the ibar from 6-7 on Friday.

You are two for two in "outing lore"

great idea.

Outing Lore...gotta love it. I'm famous for all the wrong reasons :( For those attending for the first time, I'll be signing autographs in the ibar from 6-7 on Friday.

You know you have made it when your name becomes a verb with two meanings, I plan on not getting too Thanks'ed at the ibar, and I really hope I don't Hanks anybody in the ankle the first time I meet them.

I think those are 8 rules I can handle. As for the dress like a pro event, I need to get to work. I have a couple in mind. I wanted to try the Phil look, but was too uncomfortable in those tight shirts.

From what the lore says, you will be at the iBar much later than just 7, but whether or not you will be able to sign autographs after 7 is another thing :D

Back