I would throw a wood grained lookin club in my bag real quick. That just looks phenominal.

I would throw a wood grained lookin club in my bag real quick. That just looks phenominal.

I completely agree.
I would prefer a darker wood grain instead of that oak color (a rich mahogany perhaps?) but I love the look of grained wood and a nice laquor stain. Hummm...

Lol. Rich mahogany with many leather bound books in the background. Sorry love that movie!

I could go darker too, but not too much. Can you widdle wood?

I completely agree.
I would prefer a darker wood grain instead of that oak color (a rich mahogany perhaps?) but I love the look of grained wood and a nice laquor stain. Hummm...

That looks pretty sweet, it brings me back to the clubs of the old days, seeing wood grain in a golf club looks awesome!

I dig the way it looks, I'd game it. You'd better not scratch it though, it would be a pain to touch up.....

I like the look. It's something different but not too outlandish.

If something like this or a black paint scheme or any other color combination hit the market would it completely bunk their advertising that the white head is "technology" like many have defended?

I like it. I hate the white heads. Anything would be better than white. Give me all black or the wood grain and I'd be much more likely to game it.

I like it. I hate the white heads. Anything would be better than white. Give me all black or the wood grain and I'd be much more likely to game it.

Tell us how you really feel, lol

Have you even hit the R11?

Have we had enough of these golf discount doctored pictures yet?

Lol. What a great movie.

I know Taylormade is watching.. bring us the wood flavored R11 :) I know it's not coming out but that would be something I'd expect TM to do. Come out with the unexpected.

Believe me- the quote was very intentional

P4B had that stance too one time.

"what is this this with all of the white drivers? It's just terrible. Make it black and make it good"

Now you can't get either of them out of his hands.

Looks bad in a car and looks bad on a club...........

Exactly! This club isn't even a reality.

This club was never intended to be passed off as reality, but a response to a post GolfDiscount did on their Facebook page. Seems that GolfDiscount heard from a reliable source that TaylorMade was planning on an All Black R11 release and decided to post it on their Facebook wall, along with a crude Photoshop mock-up of what they thought it would look like. They even disclosed in a 'tongue-&-cheek' way that the photo was shopped. Well, someone from another golf forum reposted it and that created a flood of controversy directed at GolfDiscount for stirring up rumors with fake photos. Then, to put to rest all of the over reaction of the Black R11 driver, GolfDiscount decided to Photoshop the R11 Woody and present it as an official TaylorMade release to celebrate Earth day. From the original Golf**X forum post:

In celebration of the 41st anniversary of Earth Day (April 22nd), TaylorMade Golf will introduce a Limited Edition R11 Driver that will help showcase its efforts in becoming the first ever "Green Manufacturing" golf company. Nicknamed "The Woody", this modified R11 driver will be the first release in a series of Eco-Friendly golf clubs that Taylormade will introduce between Earth Day and Arbor Day (April 29th). TaylorMade, in partnership with Czervik Construction and Webb Lumberyard’s (I’m not quite sure where they are), have scoured the countryside looking for scrap metal & old wood pallets that when recycled, will become cutting edge golf technology.
Then they went on to say -
Who in their right mind (especially during the busy online retail golf season) would take the time necessary to painstakingly mock up some fictitious looking wood grain golf club? I mean you would have to be two balls short of a sleeve to try and pass on an unauthentic, unauthorized version of the R11 to such a knowledgeable golf community like Golf**X; wouldn’t ya?
That post has since been removed.

Just thought I would put the photo into context for you guys.

It's obviously a joke. Czervik construction and Webb lumberyards ate first references to caddy shack. Derp.

It's Photoshopped.

Back