Old Union, Blairsville, Georgia?

Lefty78

Have clubs, will travel
Reaction score
Handicap
unstable
How is Old Union in Blairsville?

Is it worth driving an hour and forty-five minutes each way?

Lefty, a bunch of us have played over there twice last year, and I think everyone raved about the layout and quality for such a new course. It's about an hour and a half drive for me as well, but I would certainly make the drive again. Very enjoyable course.

Lefty, a bunch of us have played over there twice last year, and I think everyone raved about the layout and quality for such a new course. It's about an hour and a half drive for me as well, but I would certainly make the drive again. Very enjoyable course.

Thanks for the info. I had never heard of the course until this year. Looks like I will have to get over there.

TC raves about that place and the Southeast Outing thread (I think that's the name) has some great pics and content on the course.

Yes, it is worth the drive. We had an absolutely wonderful time at the Southeast Outing. I was shooting one of my best rounds ever there, but we had to call it due to darkness. I hope to get back there soon.

I'm from Ellijay, GA and I've heard nothing but good about this course. Also, I can't wait until the next outing so I can come!

I can't speak enough praises about this golf course. It's just a fantastic layout. It offers a bit of everything and I love that you can just cream your driver off the tee. Shots that find the rough are hard to find but the fairways are fairly wide open. The 9th hole is one of the toughest par 4's I've ever played and the 10th is one of the toughest par 5's I've ever played. I'd play it every single week if I had the option.

Lefty you will really love this course. We have an annual Southeastern Get Together in the Fall and Old Union is definitely a must on the menu. Beautiful golf course and once you go, you will go back again. KellyBo is wanting to play there as she has heard so much about it.

Check it out on this link: http://www.olduniongolf.com/#home

I hope the outing is in October so I will be back from Hawaii. I really want to make this outing being as I am missing the one in Orlando next month.

Thanks everyone, I just won the auction for a foursome through GSGA. I am really looking forward to it now. Heck I'm looking forward to just hitting a golf ball again. It has been four weeks since total knee replacement and going through withdrawal pains--tough on a golf addict...it won't be much longer now.

I hope the outing is in October so I will be back from Hawaii. I really want to make this outing being as I am missing the one in Orlando next month.

Yep we have had one around October 15th the last two years and plan on it being an annual get together. It really is a great time and the golf courses are spectacular to say the least. It looks like we may have to rent two or three cabins this year if the interests picks up.

Thanks everyone, I just won the auction for a foursome through GSGA. I am really looking forward to it now. Heck I'm looking forward to just hitting a golf ball again. It has been four weeks since total knee replacement and going through withdrawal pains--tough on a golf addict...it won't be much longer now.

Lefty -- I feel for ya bro. I have had two knee surgeries and not done yet. Just holding off for a couple more years, I hope. One of my surgeries was a partial knee replacement on my right knee. It definitely sucks to be down and not able to go out and about. Good luck on your recovery.

P.S. If you need a couple more to fill out your foursome, KellyBo and I will join ya :D

Lefty -- I feel for ya bro. I have had two knee surgeries and not done yet. Just holding off for a couple more years, I hope. One of my surgeries was a partial knee replacement on my right knee. It definitely sucks to be down and not able to go out and about. Good luck on your recovery.

P.S. If you need a couple more to fill out your foursome, KellyBo and I will join ya :D

I would like to do that sometime, it would be great to meet and play with some of the folks on here.

I would like to do that sometime, it would be great to meet and play with some of the folks on here.

No doubt you will certainly have plenty of opportunities in the near future. You get that knee healed up and we will keep you informed on future get togethers.

This is actually one of my favorite courses I have ever played, I love the layout and how demanding some of the holes are. I would drive there to play anytime

No doubt you will certainly have plenty of opportunities in the near future. You get that knee healed up and we will keep you informed on future get togethers.

Sounds good to me, thanks.

I'll echo what everyone here has said, it is a great course. Like TC said, 9 is a dang bear of a hole. No.8 sticks out in my memory due to the layout if you miss the green to the right, puts you well below the narrow green and water on the opposite side.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Good catch KellyBo! I signed up this morning after I crawled out of bed :beat-up:.

Yep, I signed up and am now awaiting the confrimation email. Thanks for posting KB.

Just wanted to let you know that Old Union has a birthday club if you are interested. I received my coupon for four rounds for the price of three. Here's the link to sign up.

https://www.teeitup.com/golf/foreinfo.pl?C=30512&B=1

Thank you. I will check it out.

It won't be long until I can go over there. I walked 18 yesterday for the first time since knee replacement. I have the coupon for a foursome, it is just a matter of getting well enough to travel two hours.

Finally, we are headed over to Old Union next week. I think my knee is up to the long ride but even if it is not, I am looking forward to playing the course.

Have fun Lefty and take some pics for us. I still haven't managed to get up there but I hope to before the year is out.

Finally, we are headed over to Old Union next week. I think my knee is up to the long ride but even if it is not, I am looking forward to playing the course.

Enjoy yourself Lefty and post some pics.

You are going to love that course, Lefty. Enjoy.

Back