Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
4th hole at my home course is a 513yrd par 5 with a nice big hill about 260 out that you need to get up to even have a shot at getting home in 2. Cleared the hill and left myself 215 into the green. Hit a 4 iron about as nice as I've ever hit one and ended up 6 feet from the pin! :eagledance: :bananadance:

nothing to brag about

But on my finishing hole, which is my nemisis, 185 yd par 3, I was pin high to the right but in the sand. With about 40 people watching out on the patio, I stuck my sand shot to within 5 feet with the pin on the other side of the green. Got a nice round of applause and made my putt for par.

Driver was crooked today so I tee'd off with 4W and banged it 270 yds on a par 5. My buddies were upset, they all hit driver and I out-drove them. The one shining moment on a dreary day.

Hit a ton of great chips/pitches but the highlight of the day was getting on in two on the 535 yard par 5 fifth. I hit a great drive to about 225 and hit a 4h for my second shot. I blistered it and it landed a few yards short but running hot. My exact words were "Get up, sit down, HIT THE PIN." Low and behold, it hit the pin and settled down about 20 feet away, missed the eagle but had a tap in birdie. Fun shot and super cool to hit the pin.

Driver was crooked today so I tee'd off with 4W and banged it 270 yds on a par 5. My buddies were upset, they all hit driver and I out-drove them. The one shining moment on a dreary day.

you sound like my brother... he hits his 5i farther than my driver

193 yard par 3 I hit such a nice 6 iron that launched right at the pin, It was one of those shots I hit so crisp right off the face I knew it was going to be good. Landed about 6-7 feet away. Just felt great to hit nice crisp irons that early.

193 yard par 3 I hit such a nice 6 iron that launched right at the pin, It was one of those shots I hit so crisp right off the face I knew it was going to be good. Landed about 6-7 feet away. Just felt great to hit nice crisp irons that early.

My highlight was those 2 decently long putts i made to save par. felt so good considering i didnt make any putts last year

Hit my P-wedge 125 yard Par 3 to less than 2 feet from hole. BIRDIE!!!!!!!

you sound like my brother... he hits his 5i farther than my driver

Nah, your brother is more man than I am. For whatever reason, I'm long with woods from either the tee or fairway. I'm pretty much back to earth with irons. 5-iron is my 200 yd club but I hit that longer than my other irons, relatively speaking. 8-iron goes 160.

A buddy of mine though is freaky-long. His 200 yd club is his 7-iron, 8-iron when he's feeling good. Mizuno MP-53's, stock lofts. He doesn't de-loft the club at all, either. His 130 mph driver SS helps, I'm sure. Once, when he hit his SW 150 yds, no wind, benign conditions, level hole... I just about quit right there. Another time, we lasered a ball he plugged in the fairway off the tee with driver... 370 yards. I hate him. :wink:

Best shot of my round was a chip-in birdie on a 200 yard par 3. Hit 4 iron to pin high about 6 feet right of the green and used a sand wedge to chip over the fringe and roll it in, won the skins pot.

Chipped in for eagle today from about 20 yards.

3 shots -- Beautiful 5 yard fade off the tee on dogleg right Par 5, followed by a 220 yard 4 wood to 12 feet and made the downhill left to right slider for an eagle. Only get 1-2 of these a season typically and in my 2nd round. A good omen, I hope.

last hole i hit a pw from 95 out and stuck it close... tap in par

Pulled the ball into the left rough on a long par-3, then hit my pitch shot through some of the rough on the left side of the green and then it rolled down the hill on the left side of the green to 1 foot away from the hole. It was a nice tap-in par, and I doubt I could have gotten it that close again if you gave me a bucket of balls from that same spot.

Hit a 6 iron from 155 on #9 today off of a slope, down to the left, and to about 4 feet. Made the birdie putt. Unfortunatly I shot 89 :(

I guess not bad for 2nd time out.....this time last year I was shooting 100

Had a couple of good shots yesterday. Chipped in for bird on the 1st hole. Hit a 7 iron to 10 feet and an 8 iron to 6 feet. Also hit a couple of GW's to about 5 feet. We will not discuss my putting

Par-3, 215 yards downhill. Hit 5-iron, beautiful draw. Flew right over the flag to 8'. Lipped out the bird putt. :mad-tongue:

377yrd par 4 driver off the tee big fat draw landed right next to the 70 yrd marker leaving me a 60 degree wedge which i pushed long and right :sad:

It has to be a putt right! A birdie putt on Mountain Course hole 8 at Cinnarbar Hills. It was a right to left 30ft putt, but I read it and hit it perfectly.
Next best shot was a drive on Lake course hole 6. It was a 297 yard drive (yes it's down hill a little) that I hit perfectly exactly how I wanted to hit it - straight down the right side of the fairway, then a roll out using the slope. Probably carried it 280.
Overall, I was happy with my round today!

7 wood into the wind to 2 feet above hole. Made putt for a birdie/net eagle on next to last hole in best ball tournament. My partner was very happy with me and I was relieved because she had played lights out all day and I needed to add some icing to the cake.

Best shot of the day would be a 75yd chip-in out of pine needles, over a bush, under a few branches, over a trap then I lost sight of it and saw the flagstick wiggle. Went up to the green and lo and behold, the ball was in the cup. Sweet birdie after a not so sweet second shot.

Probably the driver I hit down the 7th, a nice high draw that I was very pleased with.

208 yrd par3 4w... another hole in one opportunity missed
also missed the birdie putt coming back from 4ft :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back