Griff

Hey Man, Nice Shot
Reaction score
Handicap
Number 14 for me and the boys still have it. Just spent the night listening to Rush lay down nearly 4 hours of pure musical bliss. Will be their first production video filmed in the US of A and rightfully shot in Cleveland where they had their big break nearly 40 years ago. So many highlights I don't know where to begin. Peart's Big Bandin it solo? Camera Eye played to better than the original track? Alex blowing the crowd away in YYZ (the man is flat out BETTER than when he did Moving Pictures). Jamaican Working Man?

I basically sat in awe the whole night. Also, cheered my a** off. I have no voice left and I am off in La La land. Catch the show if it is within 1000 miles of your local vicinity.

I really hope they get to tour here, I dont think they have ever made it here that I am aware of. Great band and I love the new doco on them.

One of the funniest concerts I have ever been to. It involved Ogie, some massive amounts of toxins, and the poor guy sitting in front of him. Glad you liked the show

My uncle recorded some of their tracks for them, and they played at my aunts high school graduation.... where they were booed off stage.

I like them a lot. They never forget where they came from, and that means a lot to us Canadians.

Didn't they start out like The Monkeys? Kind of a fabricated band?

Kevin

The first time I heard Rush they were playing a small bar here in my town back in '76. We were too young to get inside, so we just sat outside listening. We were amazed.
Then in '77 or '78 We went to see them at Randhurst Twin Ice Arena with Starcastle, and Kansas. Festival seating, (parking your butt on plywood laid over the ice) Not comfy but the music was amazing.
The following year we had to go to the Aragon Ballroom in the City. They put on a great show and then they broke into 2112. I'd never been so spellbound. My friends and I (Our garage band) realized how fantastic that music can be.
Rush is one of the greatest bands of all time, and IMHO 2112 is one of the greatest pieces of music.

First thing I thought of was Limbaugh!

Yeah the closest I've ever been to seeing them in concert was the hour long HDNet concert series. Though this was still impressive. Being a drummer and musician in general, you HAVE to like RUSH. SO much more than "rock music" with their intricacies and nuance, not to mention difficult poly rhythms, alright I'll stop.

Back