Penfold Golf Balls

JR

Reaction score
Handicap
I found this brand the other day and have been wondering about it. They seem like a "has been," but has anyone tried their recent products? The packaging is cool as heck.

pics? were they in a golf related store or like walmart or something?

dont think Ive heard of those before

007 Collector's SetPrint Email to friend Bookmark
Limited Edition £50 Collector's Sets for players & film buffs.

Goldfinger Collector's Set
♥ Unique: made for The Ian Fleming Centenary

♥ Highly collectible golf balls

♥ Only 500 dozen produced: now appreciating in value

♥ Your own numbered card of authenticity

♥ James Bond memorabilia - in 007 style Commemorative Slipcase

Searching for the ultimate golfing gift? Choose an exclusive golf ball collector's set that you won't find in any sports stores, golf shops or on any other website!

Penfold Golf is an independent British golfing company which made its famous Penfold Heart back in the 1960s. The Heart is a golf classic, played by the world's leading golfers of the era and used by James Bond in the 1964 movie Goldfinger . (It first featured in Ian Fleming's novel of the same name and is one of the few 007-favoured brands, alongside Rolex and Aston Martin, to stand the test of time!)

Each one of the 500 limited edition sets comes in a 007 style slipcase, with a quote from the novel. These are designed in association with the Ian Fleming Centenary Office. Each set boasts its own numbered card of authenticity so you can be sure that you'll own a genuine piece of James Bond memorabilia.

"The Goldfinger Collector's Set - from Penfold with love."

See the Playing Sets of Penfold Hearts

We ship Worldwide!

This is what I found out about them there collector balls.

Listed at 35 GBP per dozen ($57.13 US) for their 4 layer premium ball.

Bad idea.

I might mistake them for having chocolate inside and try to eat one. :eat:

:laughing: Thats what I thought.lol

I guess they could be better than the slazenger that goldfinger plays.

goldfinger played a slaz? thats awesome... i need to watch some old school bond movies now

I found this brand the other day and have been wondering about it. They seem like a "has been," but has anyone tried their recent products? The packaging is cool as heck.

What was the price? Or do you mean you litteraly found one? I had never heard of these before, but is was over 45 years ago when I read the Bond series, so I may have but have just forgotten.

Lol. I found OUT about this brand the other day. Read up on them. Aparently, in the Bond days, these balls were pretty popular, but have since wained. May be because they cost a fortune. Pretty box though.

What was the price? Or do you mean you litteraly found one? I had never heard of these before, but is was over 45 years ago when I read the Bond series, so I may have but have just forgotten.

or james bond hasnt played golf in a longgggg time lol

Purely by coincidence, my avatar pic is the scene where Bond informs Goldfinger that he’s played the wrong ball on the 18th and forfeits the match. Goldfinger and Thunderball, true classics!

Purely by coincidence, my avatar pic is the scene where Bond informs Goldfinger that he’s played the wrong ball on the 18th and forfeits the match. Goldfinger and Thunderball, true classics!

Thats hilarious, man. I love that movie.

Penfold is indeed a British brand. Surprised they are still going. I remember them being around when I started playing 30 odd years ago. They were shite then. Can’t imagine they are all that better now. Not something I would game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ball of choice by James Bond. Can’t be that bad can it?

Ball of choice by James Bond. Can’t be that bad can it?

I can’t comment on what they were like in the 60’s as I’m not that old. In the late 80’s or early 90’s if you found a penfold in the bushes, you chucked it back.

I really liked the idea of each ball being individually wrapped in cellophane. Penfold did that.

When I was a kid, my uncle brought me a dozen Dunlop 1.62" diameter (the old R&A standard) balls from Bermuda.

They were each individually wrapped in cellophane too.

I play Pro V1x balls because I can get them stamped with ball number 79 (always the target goal) and my name, thus not having to screw around with a Sharpie to mark my ball.

The point is, my game doesn't seem to be that ball dependent, so other reasons could factor into my choice of a ball..

Just had a look at their website. I still wouldn’t think of using one of their balls, even more so now as they look more of a gimmicky collectors item rather than a decent performance orientated ball, but I really do like the look of their website. They have some nice gear on their too.

I have a penfold ball but can't find it anywhere, any ideas of the model or price?

Attachments

• IMG_20200618_183248.jpg
    IMG_20200618_183248.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 3
i used to find those rooting around the edges of a course my grandfather lived near in the 60’s

Back