SeeMore Putter Forum Testing Review Thread

Good stuff Duey, it'll only get better too man. The RST -WILL- make you a better putter, even with your other flatsticks. Very nice my friend.

Thanks buddy, it was a fun day despite the wind and cold north air blowing up my slacks, haha. My speed was spot on today from anywhere on the green. I was chipping well which accounted for a few close putts, but I hit quite a few greens that left me longer putts and only resulted in one three putt that came from a long down hill putt. Can't wait to meet up with you and put this to a real test, lol.

Great posts testers! I'm thoroughly enjoying this thread. I finally figured out what was causing my putting woes and am back to putting good with my Seemore again. Got back to the pendulum movement with my shoulders instead of using my hands so much and that got my swing path straightened out. One of the older guys who used to be a great player was sitting in the shop watching me practice on carpet one morning and got me straightened out. I have great coaches everywhere looking after me including right here on THP. I learned a lot from the Seemore/Pat O'Brien videos!!! Great stuff.

I've posted about this in a couple other threads, but thought I would add it in here as well. I have emailed back and forth with Ted at SeeMore, and I'm hoping to talk with him today or tomorrow. This thread was of great assistance. Ted said that he was going to send me an email with some preliminary questions before we spoke, but that he had fittings all that day. So, I never got that email from him, but I came here and copied, pasted, and answered all of the questions I saw in the testers' first posts.

With any (good) luck I'll be ordering my putter soon!

Great posts testers! I'm thoroughly enjoying this thread. I finally figured out what was causing my putting woes and am back to putting good with my Seemore again. Got back to the pendulum movement with my shoulders instead of using my hands so much and that got my swing path straightened out. One of the older guys who used to be a great player was sitting in the shop watching me practice on carpet one morning and got me straightened out. I have great coaches everywhere looking after me including right here on THP. I learned a lot from the Seemore/Pat O'Brien videos!!! Great stuff.

Glad to hear the stroke's coming around Kelly. Seems like I get a little arms'y/hands'y if I've been playing in a lot of wind for some reason and really have to go back to the basics. It helps me to spend a lot of time working on short uphill easy putts over and over, then moving out a little at a time concentrating on tucking my elbo's. Hope it helps.

I've posted about this in a couple other threads, but thought I would add it in here as well. I have emailed back and forth with Ted at SeeMore, and I'm hoping to talk with him today or tomorrow. This thread was of great assistance. Ted said that he was going to send me an email with some preliminary questions before we spoke, but that he had fittings all that day. So, I never got that email from him, but I came here and copied, pasted, and answered all of the questions I saw in the testers' first posts.

With any (good) luck I'll be ordering my putter soon!

Good luck on the new putter and congrats on reaching 1000 posts!

Awesome posts so far guys, I'm having lots of fun reading these write ups and look forward to hearing how you all progress with your new putters....and new strokes! I like the idea of getting accurate feedback from the putter face.

Just as an aside, I was speaking to the pro at my course the other day, and I was messing about with a putter he had in the shop (any brand). He said 'I really would like a SeeMore putter, had one ages ago and it's the best putter I ever had'. well there you go!

Nice review Duey!!!

Great review Duey, good pictures. you have the same putter I do. Aint it great.

Im taking SeeMore out for a spin today at lunch. Im going to a different course with different green speeds just to see how fast I can adapt to speed changes. Ill report back later. Thus far most all my putting has been at my home course.

I was just hitting some practice putts and working on the fundamentals that SeeMore encourages. Couple of points below:

- No problem with me getting into the correct posture as that was already basically what I was using
- I do have to remind myself to get the sole of the putter flat on the surface and not putt "heel" heavy
- Hardest thing for me is letting the putting motion be on that natural arc. I have always tried to be a straight back and straight through putter which forces more use of the hands and forearms.
- When I do focus on letting the putter swing back naturally by using shoulders and not hands, I really am seeing good results. Just hard to initially trust that the face will get back to square but physics takes care of that if I stay out of the way.

Still hoping to head out to the course after work today and get in a quick 18 (weather and work meeting not running over permitting).

Nice job. Look forward to your updates. like the pics

Heading out at 4pm for another round of 9 with the Si-3.

I've spent the last two rainy days practicing in my office and in the living room with my practice greens. The putting posture and set up are starting to feel really natural to me now. I have to say I never struggled with the arc motion as that was the normal way I putted but keeping myself more upright has been a struggle. I can see how using the shoulder motion and scrunched over the putter is a problem though and would result in pushes.

The last round what I played I found what I really needed to work with was changing the way I thought about speed on the green. Because I'm more upright, I was taking bigger swings and the ball was flying by the hole. Today I'm going to spend more time focusing on the right tempo and leaving the ball short a bit in hopes of getting my speed more correct.

Depending on my time tonight when I finish with the round, I'm going to haul my laser out to the practice green too and see about seeing the line the way Ted was showing Highscoreinky when he was fit.

Heading to Golfsmith to have my New Black Tour SeeMore Grip put on Had a little trouble with the regular size. So I'm moving on up.

I've spent the last two rainy days practicing in my office and in the living room with my practice greens. The putting posture and set up are starting to feel really natural to me now. I have to say I never struggled with the arc motion as that was the normal way I putted but keeping myself more upright has been a struggle. I can see how using the shoulder motion and scrunched over the putter is a problem though and would result in pushes.

The last round what I played I found what I really needed to work with was changing the way I thought about speed on the green. Because I'm more upright, I was taking bigger swings and the ball was flying by the hole. Today I'm going to spend more time focusing on the right tempo and leaving the ball short a bit in hopes of getting my speed more correct.

Depending on my time tonight when I finish with the round, I'm going to haul my laser out to the practice green too and see about seeing the line the way Ted was showing Highscoreinky when he was fit.

That is cool cant wait to see results when you practice with laser.

Hey guys,

got some feedback from Ted after I sent him a couple videos.

here are said videos:

This first one is me stroking my old Tracy II and the first time I've actually rolled the SeeMore on a green in comparison.

[video=youtube;8xDRVyv1-Zs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xDRVyv1-Zs[/video]

All of the other videos are only of me rolling the Si-3. I tried a few different angles...

And here is Ted's email in response to my videos (though the videos are not in order, you'll see their title that Ted notes in the video itself I think?)

"David,

Great videos - Thanks.

Your set-up looks awesome - posture looks great. You can really see that you are "hitting" through the golf ball and not "at it".

Video #1 - everything look great - i was looking at your hands in comparison to your pant legs - distance between the two - spacing look good.

Video #2 - first half of the video look as if you got a little closer to the golf ball and stroke looked a little different - then around the 2:50 mark your posture and distance between hands and pants looked much better. Look as if you were "freed up" a little more. Easier to make the stroke.

Video #4 - posture, eyeline, hands look great. All three putts were very good - but if you notice the first two putts kept going left, your last putt you moved a hair to the right and almost made the putt.

On all of your putts on the video I like how your putter head continues to "release" or hit through the putt.

When people begin to use a SeeMore putter and once they understand what the white lines and red dot offers them - the final challenge is speed. Please do not let this worry you.
Before using a SeeMore - sometimes your speed was off - some short and some long - reason being because maybe a lot of pushes came into play.

One of the hidden secrets of SeeMore is the consistent of ball position. The ball stays in the same place. Therefore you will begin to free your putting stroke up and hit through the golf ball. However, it is going to take you some time to get use to the speed. Using the analogy of your lob wedge shot - you are learning how to make a full lob wedge swing - taking it all the way back and following all the way through. You then learn how to hit a 75 lob wedge shot if you full swing goes 100 yards. Somewhere in your mind you know how far to take it back but you follow all the way thought. Making a good swing. This will happen with your putting stroke.

You are doing awesome!! Great work. Call me anytime. I do have a putting seminar that I am putting on this afternoon and tomorrow morning. Call the cell and leave a message. I'll call you back.
Thanks.
Ted"

His response definitely help me put some things into perspective, especially relating to the Lob wedge shot... Its snowing in Denver today, hopefully League play is still on tonight and I'll be able to provide some more feedback from tonight!

Last edited:
Great stuff Spaceman_Spiff!! Definitely worth taking the time to get video and have Ted review to correct or reaffirm what you are doing. Let us know how it goes as soon as you get to play!

I had been struggling with my new Si3 a bit so I emailed Ted to get his advice. My main issues were pushes to the right, the thin face of the Si3, and the new O'brien grip. Here was his response:

TJ,
Thanks for the updates and the photos!! Those are some nice shots.

1. Do not adjust your alignment because you are pushing everything to the right. This is the first mistake people do. You need to learn to "release the putter head" or "hit through the ball" - remember I asked what type of ball flight you have - think of when you release the club - you make a good complete swing. You push because you are used to this - putter stroke of old. A great drill is to take your palms and thumbs off of the putter grip and just have it in your fingers. This will allow you to "feel" the putter head. Which will make you feel the release of the putter head. You are going to be afraid to hit the ball - because you are going to be hitting it harder because you will be hitting through the ball instead of at the ball (which is your push). Let me know how this works.

2. Give it a few more takes with the Si3 - I believe you will like it. What is happening is that you are trying to control the putt or manufacture the putt. Relax and trust your set-up and ball position. You are trying to tell the putter what to do. You do not do this with your full swing or your basketball free throw shot - do you? Your mind is taking over. Simple fix - close your eyes and make putt after putt after putt. This will allow to relax and trust everything. Let me know how it goes. If you are still have issues - let me know.

3. POB grip - I know is a little different. This is the hardest part for everyone. I guess the only thing that I would say is not to have your grip too weak in the right hand - meaning having it on "top" of the grip.

Great questions and great feedback - remember to stay calm and relax and most important trust yourself - you have it!!

Let me know how it goes!

Ted

I just wanted to show this so you guys can see the level of customer service SeeMore offers. Ted emailed me back within an hour! It is one thing to have a great product line, (which SeeMore does), but another to REALLY care about your customers. Pretty darned impressive. This weekend I am going to work on the things that Ted has advised me to do and I will let you know how it all works out.

I just wanted to show this so you guys can see the level of customer service SeeMore offers. Ted emailed me back within an hour! It is one thing to have a great product line, (which SeeMore does), but another to REALLY care about your customers. Pretty darned impressive. This weekend I am going to work on the things that Ted has advised me to do and I will let you know how it all works out.

I'll add to that! Same reason for me posting!

Great stuff Spaceman_Spiff!! Definitely worth taking the time to get video and have Ted review to correct or reaffirm what you are doing. Let us know how it goes as soon as you get to play!

Thanks mcook! Its always much easier to write and put yourself out there when you know people are going to offer positive encouragement and affirmation!

I also want to +1 the Ted Review comment. To all the other testers, if you get a chance to video yourself and get it to Ted it is HUGE!

I'll add to that! Same reason for me posting!

Totally Spaceman! We posted very similar posts within a 15 minutes of each other with nearly identical subject matter. And I hadn't read you post prior to doing mine. You think SeeMore has the customer service side dialed in? HAHA

I was just hitting some practice putts and working on the fundamentals that SeeMore encourages. Couple of points below:

- No problem with me getting into the correct posture as that was already basically what I was using
- I do have to remind myself to get the sole of the putter flat on the surface and not putt "heel" heavy
- Hardest thing for me is letting the putting motion be on that natural arc. I have always tried to be a straight back and straight through putter which forces more use of the hands and forearms.
- When I do focus on letting the putter swing back naturally by using shoulders and not hands, I really am seeing good results. Just hard to initially trust that the face will get back to square but physics takes care of that if I stay out of the way.

Still hoping to head out to the course after work today and get in a quick 18 (weather and work meeting not running over permitting).

True, true, true. Posting results and my inability to do these things over the past 2 days in a few minutes. I have said it time and again in this thread, trust your stroke. Easier said then done sometimes.

You're out playing, that's why you haven't answered my PM. Mailman brought me a a little package today, thank you! Let me know if you were able to get the laser out and working.

Great stuff testers! I'm taking notes because some of your issues are my issues and I'm loving the answers you are getting back from Ted. They are helping me a ton. Thanks for doing such a good job with your reviews.

You're out playing, that's why you haven't answered my PM. Mailman brought me a a little package today, thank you! Let me know if you were able to get the laser out and working.

I'm not sure what I was doing would be called "playing" but I was out on a golf course and the putting was well, interesting. For whatever reason tonight I couldn't get comfortable with the putter. Everything that I had been working on felt really foreign to me and I couldn't get my arms/shoulders moving in a comfortable arc. I was pushing putts right or leaving them WAY short or sending them flying off the green. After 6 holes, I went back to my Yes for the rest of the nine holes so I could enjoy them versus working so hard.

When I get home from my trip down to Princeton, NJ tomorrow for work, I'm going to go back to square one by watching the videos again and working through the beginning in baby steps. I think maybe in my excitement to start putting the way the Seemore wants us to, I probably am trying to force it.

By the time we got through 9 holes, it was almost dark and the course was closing so I didn't get a chance to get the laser out. It is suppose to rain on Saturday but Sunday is going to be another stellar spring day here in New England so I'll go out then and get the laser going.

Unfor

Spaceman_Spiff and tomahawk18....I could actually hear Ted's voice in my head as I readu your posts. I heard pretty much those exact words while I was with him last week. Wish I would have been able to channel him earlier. Had my two worst putting rounds with BB yesterday and again this morning.

Should have been able to figure out what I was doing incorrectly before today. A couple of misses and a 3 putt and I figure out that I'm doing something wrong. Had 32 putts in my round yesterday and carded my first 3 putt with BB from 17 feet! Had been an okay day of putting up to that point. Made my longest putt to date with BB which was a 25 footer, uphill, with a left to right break. Had the 3 putt on 15. First putt stopped short of the hole and left me 2 feet. Missed the putt. Pushed it. Blamed it on a lack of focus and moved on.

Just felt like I didn't have it together yesterday. Missed 2 birdie putts of 8 feet on back to back holes which were holes 3 and 4 and then missed a 5 footer for birdie on 7. Should have been paying more attention to my score card as I had 2 putted every hole on the front side. The back was a little better but my first 3 putt really through me.

More of the same today. Had 30 total putts today which is my average but in that total I had 3, 3 putts! All three were from over 30 feet and and were on the front nine. Finally figured out what I doing and had to have the "it's me, not you" conversation with BB. She gets me in the correct set up position and makes sure I'm aligned correctly. I just have to read the putt and make the stroke. Reverted back to my old stroke of SBST and that was the killer. It just does not work with BB. Wasn't trusting my swing, wasn't releasing the putter as Ted talked about in an earlier post.

Sucks that it took me that long to figure it out. The good news is that I only had 11 putts on the back. Woulda, coulda, shoulda. Really hoping the rain holds off long enough for me to get in another 18 tomorrow and make it up to BB.

Back