Callaway Jaws CC Wedges

This thread got bumped at the perfect time. I have been dreaming about the magic I'm going to produce with these wedges. Can't wait to get them.

This thread got bumped at the perfect time. I have been dreaming about the magic I'm going to produce with these wedges. Can't wait to get them.

When you get them can you compare them to the MPT 11s that you currently play? Those were number 2 on my list when I was looking at wedges.

When you get them can you compare them to the MPT 11s that you currently play? Those were number 2 on my list when I was looking at wedges.

You got it! I'll hopefully do you one better: I'm hoping to order my JAWS w/ the Spinners in them, that way the comparison should be even more intriguing. I was all set to buy JAWS last year until I went to the outing, spent some time with the 11's/spinner combo and knew that there was something very special about that shaft.

Really? I thought that even w/out the Mack Daddy's these things were still spin doctors.

In all honesty, it probably wasn't the grooves.

Winter swings and the greens in Orlando are quite different than central NY. I was just so darn frustrated all 5 rounds that I sold them.

Like I said, regretting it now.

On thing I would say about these wedges is that you really need a brush in your bag. The thin/deep grooves are pretty tough to get clean with just a towel and a tee.

Does the slate finish rust over time?

Does the slate finish rust over time?

It does wear off. I haven't noticed any rust as of yet but I take a great deal of care in cleaning my clubs after a round. A quick wipe of WD40 has done the trick so far.

I have also been thinking about putting one of these in my bag. I wish there were somewhere aroud here to try these out

Thank you for the great feedback all around. I've really been working on my setup with the wedges so it's good to know these require attention to that area.

Wow! :D

Those are some sweet looking wedges.

So I'm not sure what's going on with my 56* wedge. There is now a gap in between the ferrule and the end of the hosel. The gap is wider now than when I first noticed it and has grown to around 1/8th of an inch or more. I'm not sure if the head is loose or if the ferrule is pulling away for some reason.

Suggestions as to a course of action would be greatly appreciated.

pondering these with some DG spinner shafts

I've got a question for the guys that have tried out this wedge. I am currently looking into getting a new wedge/wedges, but I'm not sure what to get. I got one of the original Jaws wedges a while back and it didn't stay in play very long at all. I absolutely loved the feel and look of the wedge, but it completely shredded the golf ball on just about every shot. Is this wedge the same or does it not tear up golf balls like the original did? I would love to try one out, but I don't know of anywhere to demo one, so if I try it out, it will be after purchasing one. I would love to get your opinions.

I was checking out these wedges at Golf Galaxy and I swear they look like they want to rust. Are they supposed to?

I was checking out these wedges at Golf Galaxy and I swear they look like they want to rust. Are they supposed to?

I found this on the Callaway site

Your slate finish X Series JAWS CC Wedges are raw, meaning that the carbon steel is not plated. With time and use, your slate wedges will rust, which will add roughness to increase spin and provide a non-glare surface.

Here is an article from their site about Wedge Care. http://www.callawaygolf.com/Global/en-US/Articles/WedgeCare.html

So I'm not sure what's going on with my 56* wedge. There is now a gap in between the ferrule and the end of the hosel. The gap is wider now than when I first noticed it and has grown to around 1/8th of an inch or more. I'm not sure if the head is loose or if the ferrule is pulling away for some reason.

Suggestions as to a course of action would be greatly appreciated.

Take it to a golf shop to get it fixed, they will be able to reglue the ferrul back on properly

crafty, I've never playd a C grind wedge, but very interested. These will most likely be in the bag for august. Do you have a pic of yours with a C grind?

crafty, I've never playd a C grind wedge, but very interested. These will most likely be in the bag for august. Do you have a pic of yours with a C grind?

I don't have a pic right now but I should be able to get one by tonight. My clubs and I are not in the same location.

My 2 cents on the c-grind is that it allows me to keep an extra wedge out of the bag. The sole grind allows me to open the face up without worrying about skipping across the turf. I'm more of a sweeper/slider with my wedges.

Take it to a golf shop to get it fixed, they will be able to reglue the ferrul back on properly

Thanks for the tip. I stopped at the local golf shop on the way home from work yesterday and they took care of it no problem. Glad to see the head wasn't coming off.

Thanks for the tip. I stopped by the local golf shop on the way home and they took care of it for me.

I've got a question for the guys that have tried out this wedge. I am currently looking into getting a new wedge/wedges, but I'm not sure what to get. I got one of the original Jaws wedges a while back and it didn't stay in play very long at all. I absolutely loved the feel and look of the wedge, but it completely shredded the golf ball on just about every shot. Is this wedge the same or does it not tear up golf balls like the original did? I would love to try one out, but I don't know of anywhere to demo one, so if I try it out, it will be after purchasing one. I would love to get your opinions.

Just wanted to bump this and see if anyone had any experience with these clubs tearing up golf balls

here is a pic of the c-grind for whoever wanted it, i love the c-grind, makes it very versatile
Callawayxseriesjawswedge-grind.jpg

Just wanted to bump this and see if anyone had any experience with these clubs tearing up golf balls

Hopefully third time is the charm. Somebody had to have these in their bag that can help me out. I'm looking at getting new wedges in the very near future and am looking hard at these but I don't want to get them if they are going to tear up the golf balls.

Back