5 - 10 - 15 Challenge

I just got home from the gym. I was thinking how our outing is right around the corner and how cool it will be to see all of you again. Wow 30 something days to go huh? It will be here before you know it!

I have a new addiction to protein shakes. The powder itself tastes disgusting and with just milk is barely tolerable. However, if I had frozen fruit to the it then it becomes delightful. I am trying all sorts of combos and really enjoying it. The frozen fruit acts as ice so it's nice and cold and has a great consistency. Plus they fill me up for hours and give me energy. I do not use them as meal replacements but I use it as a mid day/morning snack.

That's my random contribution to this thread today. :smile:

Im down about 5lbs, my downfall was a family cruise (of which I have no regrets). I find that portion control is what helps me the most, in addition, small snacks throughout the day, raw vegggies, fruit, handful of nuts a day..Im also cutting down on the red meat and the portions of meat I eat in general and salt..Water is my best friend right now..As for working out, I do about 45 minutes a day a mixture of weights and cardio..good luck everyone

I went to the gym last Friday with the drivers for our Solar Car. The gym was stupidly busy, so we played some soccer for 2hrs. Felt pretty good! Except for the nagging Charlie Horse I got in my left calve that has now finally gone away. It's hard on muscles playing in shorts & a t-shirt in -3C!

Back on track this week after a detour. 5 weeks to go everyone!!!!!!!!

I have a new addiction to protein shakes. The powder itself tastes disgusting and with just milk is barely tolerable. However, if I had frozen fruit to the it then it becomes delightful. I am trying all sorts of combos and really enjoying it. The frozen fruit acts as ice so it's nice and cold and has a great consistency. Plus they fill me up for hours and give me energy. I do not use them as meal replacements but I use it as a mid day/morning snack.

Good info! I have been drinking the EAS AdvantEDGE 17g protein shakes. It's loaded with vitamins and other good stuff. I pop one open after my workout and it is very refreshing and filling. I love em !

Success! Went to the Dr. today for my annual check up and the first thing he said to me was "You have lost 13 lbs since last year's visit." I have to go back to see him in 3 months and I told him I will be 10 pounds lighter by then. Keeping fingers crossed as that was a pretty bold statement to make for someone who has been eating like I have!

Success! Went to the Dr. today for my annual check up and the first thing he said to me was "You have lost 13 lbs since last year's visit." I have to go back to see him in 3 months and I told him I will be 10 pounds lighter by then. Keeping fingers crossed as that was a pretty bold statement to make for someone who has been eating like I have!

You can do it Kellybo, and great job on the 13lbs!!!

It's on like donkey kong! KellyBo and I are up for reaching our weight loss goal before the outing. We have a three plan of attack and it is going to work. My 15 lb pledge and KellyBo's goal will be reached. We are cutting essentially all carbs and white food products from out diet. More protein and of course the gym work will get er done. My weight loss this morning showed 9 lbs. My pants are really getting loose as KellyBo's are. It's a great feeling when a plan becomes a good result! New shorts are a must for the outing as I will be sporting a size 36 :banana:

It's on like donkey kong! KellyBo and I are up for reaching our weight loss goal before the outing. We have a three plan of attack and it is going to work. My 15 lb pledge and KellyBo's goal will be reached. We are cutting essentially all carbs and white food products from out diet. More protein and of course the gym work will get er done. My weight loss this morning showed 9 lbs. My pants are really getting loose as KellyBo's are. It's a great feeling when a plan becomes a good result! New shorts are a must for the outing as I will be sporting a size 36 :banana:

That's right sweetie, we can't both be going around with our pants falling down! :D You could always just wear your overalls and/or suspenders though and save us some bucks.

Hey GG I started my diet when I read this thread upon joining THP I went from 230 - my current weight of 176. I did it all by having high good protein with zero carbs, It is call ISOPURE. I have four different flavors they all taste really good. Try this one you will love it. My only problem is clothes now .lol golf game improved through it so well worth it good luck

So I'm on a 12 week "transformation plan." I've lost 20 lbs in 10 weeks and I feel great; both physically and mentally. The only problem is that the past two weeks I've been stuck at the same weight, I've been eating the way I've been for the past 10 weeks or so, I excersise the same if not more, and I have been taking my protein regularly. I need a breakthrough week or some advice to get over this wall.

So I'm on a 12 week "transformation plan." I've lost 20 lbs in 10 weeks and I feel great; both physically and mentally. The only problem is that the past two weeks I've been stuck at the same weight, I've been eating the way I've been for the past 10 weeks or so, I excersise the same if not more, and I have been taking my protein regularly. I need a breakthrough week or some advice to get over this wall.

First, congratulations on your success so far! Isn't it great to be feeling so good?

When I've reached a plateau during my seven month transformation, I've really shaken up both my diet and my excersise routine. For example, I completely changed my cardio routine from treadmill to the rowing machine and pool. For one week, I cut all animal protein out of my diet. I added free weights instead of resistance training. Find two things in your current program to do a complete 180 degree shift (If you are Seinfeld fan, remember when George decided to do 180 opposite of what he would normally do?) and I promise you will get off your plateau.

Good luck!

Hi everyone. I haven't been very active posting in this thread but I have a daily subscription to it and I love hearing how everyone is doing. Keep up the good work. As for me my "weight loss" journey has come to an end. I am down 50lbs in 4.5 months, have gone from tight sz 38 jeans to loose 34, and am back to wearing large shirts comfortably. I am 6' 2" so this is as small as I would want to get. I continue to work out every day but I am shifting from 45 minutes on the elliptical to 20-30 minutes on the elliptical at a slower pace and 30 minutes of weight lifting. I have found that for me working out 1st thing in the morning is what works best for me. I have been getting up @ 4:00am to go work out and I love it because I am the only person there and it gives me a chance to wake up before starting the day. Also I think it's important for me to eat every 2 hours throughout the day. I eat many very small & balanced meals. One example that I love if 1/2 of a tortilla with 3 slices of lunch meat, lettuce, cilantro, and some hot sauce.

Keep up the good work everyone, I will continue to check up on you and rely on you for continued inspiration. I could not and would not have changed my life if it were not for this thread and your inspiration. I wish I was going to the outing so I could meet all of you.

Hi everyone. I haven't been very active posting in this thread but I have a daily subscription to it and I love hearing how everyone is doing. Keep up the good work. As for me my "weight loss" journey has come to an end. I am down 50lbs in 4.5 months, have gone from tight sz 38 jeans to loose 34, and am back to wearing large shirts comfortably. I am 6' 2" so this is as small as I would want to get. I continue to work out every day but I am shifting from 45 minutes on the elliptical to 20-30 minutes on the elliptical at a slower pace and 30 minutes of weight lifting. I have found that for me working out 1st thing in the morning is what works best for me. I have been getting up @ 4:00am to go work out and I love it because I am the only person there and it gives me a chance to wake up before starting the day. Also I think it's important for me to eat every 2 hours throughout the day. I eat many very small & balanced meals. One example that I love if 1/2 of a tortilla with 3 slices of lunch meat, lettuce, cilantro, and some hot sauce.

Keep up the good work everyone, I will continue to check up on you and rely on you for continued inspiration. I could not and would not have changed my life if it were not for this thread and your inspiration. I wish I was going to the outing so I could meet all of you.

That is a FANTASTIC post! Way to go on achieving your goal. Sounds like you have a good plan to maintain your new look

Thanks Mary. I was just reading about workout plateaus and they suggested cutting out my later "evening" carbs for the remainder of my workouts.

Wow, such amazing accomplishments being made here! I am so proud of every single person in here for reaching different goals and making these amazing changes in your lives. You should all be so proud of yourselves!

Hey GG I started my diet when I read this thread upon joining THP I went from 230 - my current weight of 176. I did it all by having high good protein with zero carbs, It is call ISOPURE. I have four different flavors they all taste really good. Try this one you will love it. My only problem is clothes now .lol golf game improved through it so well worth it good luck

I will have to check out that protein powder, thanks! I just picked up Myofusion from GNC on the recommendation of my trainer but I am always looking for new options because they can definitely get boring if you stick with the same thing all the time. Plus I am drinking at least one if not 2 protein shakes a day right now. I am also trying 'The Green Monster' by adding spinach to my shakes. Sounds gross but if the spinach is properly blended it's actually quite good and it's so good for you and gives you tons of energy.

I also tried a new cardio routine today on the treadmill, this is what I did:
1250706373_svoFZ-XL.jpg

And it kicked my butt! I have never sweat so much in my life. I am going to try this one tomorrow.
1250706511_GFHdf-XL.jpg

Great job wcueb! May I ask where would you suggest purchasing ISOPURE? Sounds like a great product.

note: This morning at weigh in shows I have officially loss 10 lbs. so only 5 to go before the outing! It is going to get done :banana:

Oregon -- That is absolutely awesome buddy :clapp: ! Talking about inspiration, just reading your post is the ticket. Man I am so proud of you and the hard work, dedication, and success you have to show for it.

Wow GG...that workout is a Cardio Blast. I'd have to carb up before doing something like that.

Great job wcueb! May I ask where would you suggest purchasing ISOPURE? Sounds like a great product.

note: This morning at weigh in shows I have officially loss 10 lbs. so only 5 to go before the outing! It is going to get done :banana:

I get it on line from Vitamin Shoppe. GNC sells for $75 . At Vitamin shoppe its $35. They have all the flavors. I bought 4 flavors to keep my taste buds going. The Isopure I use is Zero Carbs. I still use it to stay maintained. It has 50 Grams of high quality Protein . A serving is 2 scoops in a Glass of water. I Have half a glass of water with 1 scoop. 4 times a day with meals. Good luck

GG I don't know if I would survive that workout:surrender:. But I'm going to try. Need to up my game for next years Outing.......

I get it on line from Vitamin Shoppe. GNC sells for $75 . At Vitamin shoppe its $35. They have all the flavors. I bought 4 flavors to keep my taste buds going. The Isopure I use is Zero Carbs. I still use it to stay maintained. It has 50 Grams of high quality Protein . A serving is 2 scoops in a Glass of water. I Have half a glass of water with 1 scoop. 4 times a day with meals. Good luck

A really cheap website for all of your vitamin and protein needs is bodybuilding.com. They have everything!

BAck down to 232.8. I think I got this :)

Wow GG...that workout is a Cardio Blast. I'd have to carb up before doing something like that.

It's really intense. I have honestly never sweat so much in my entire life. I had a bowl of oatmeal with cinnamon, 1 spoonful of peanut butter and a 1/2 pack of raisins about an hour before I went to the gym.

The shorter 25 minute one was doable, even with the inclines I was able to do it but the 45 minutes one I am still working up to. I do it but I have to take a lot of breaks because it's seriously intense!

Wow 4 times a day with meals? If I drank 4 protein shakes a day I wouldn't be able to eat meals. Maybe it's because I am a girl but normally 1 shake will fill me up for hours. I drink one right after the gym, which is about 10-10:30am and then I don't eat lunch until 2:30. But I have also been adding spinach to my shakes for added protein and a huge burst of energy.

I am definitely going to look that up though because I love trying new flavors.

GG I don't know if I would survive that workout:surrender:. But I'm going to try. Need to up my game for next years Outing.......

It's an awesome workout but it will seriously kick your butt! I have found such great workout and cardio ideas from these different food/nutrition blogs. I am seriously obsessed!

A really cheap website for all of your vitamin and protein needs is bodybuilding.com. They have everything!

That's a great website and you are right they really do have everything!

BAck down to 232.8. I think I got this :)

Woohoo! Way to go Yoccos!!

Back