Deal of the Day and Coupon Code thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered the Clicgear from Sports Authority this morning for the discounted price, and just received an email cancelling the order. I called and spoke to CS, and he was unaware why the order was cancelled. He is "looking into it", and I should hear something later in the week. To me, this means I won't get it for the previous price. The price is now $199 on the website and the coupon applies.

Me too

At our Super Target today I found balls on sale - Bridgestone, Srixon, Nike, Titleist - including tour balls. Only a few bucks off, but the B330-RX (white) were only $40 PLUS $5 gift card back. Sweet. Made them more like $35 for the dozen.

I ordered the Clicgear from Sports Authority this morning for the discounted price, and just received an email cancelling the order. I called and spoke to CS, and he was unaware why the order was cancelled. He is "looking into it", and I should hear something later in the week. To me, this means I won't get it for the previous price. The price is now $199 on the website and the coupon applies.

Same here. I called Sports Authority and the reason they gave me was that it was out of stock. Tried to get a price match with Dick's sporting good and the manager said he had to go with sports authority online price no discount.

I called Sports Authority and the reason they gave me was that it was out of stock.
That's just not right! The web site shows it in stock, now available in blue, red and black! For $199.99

I wrote an email to customer service earlier today complaining that I had been charged for shipping. They just responded saying they noticed the order had been canceled and were inquiring to find out why.

Obviously there was an price error on the web site and they don't want to honor it.

That's just not right! The web site shows it in stock, now available in blue, red and black! For $199.99

I wrote an email to customer service earlier today complaining that I had been charged for shipping. They just responded saying they noticed the order had been canceled and were inquiring to find out why.

Obviously there was an price error on the web site and they don't want to honor it.

I just checked my email and I got canceled at 6:30 today, the message read - We regret to inform you that we were unable to complete your order. We apologize for any inconvenience. No other explaination of any other kind. I plan to give them a call tomorrow in case they will make it good later. What a bummer.

I asked the CSR why the site didn't show it as out of stock during the order and his reason was that the system was flooded with orders and it took awhile to catch up and of course the deal is for items in stock. I agree with you about the price error and they don't want to honor it.

I asked the CSR why the site didn't show it as out of stock during the order and his reason was that the system was flooded with orders and it took awhile to catch up and of course the deal is for items in stock. I agree with you about the price error and they don't want to honor it.

well, I gotta think most of that traffic was THPers

well, I gotta think most of that traffic was THPers

I don't plan to ever set foot in another of their stores, I think they made a mistake and decided not to honor their sale. I know last week when GolfSmith made the mistake on grips many here ordered them and apparently GS honored the obvious mistake. That is why I did not order from GS, it was an obvious mistake, the one from Sports Authority was not an obvious error to us that ordered them.

SportsAuthority cancelled my order too. Say they don't know why but are looking into it. Dang!

Mine too. They are gonna get one nasty email and phone call tomorrow.

Well, I just shot off an email to them, explaining the situation and demanding I get the Clicgear for the advertised price, with local pick up at one of their stores here. Gonna call a store tomorrow and further explain the situation and see what happens.
I'll post their response, if I get one.

Last edited:
That really stinks about Sports Authority. I've seen sites have obvious pricing errors, but this to me was not one of them

When I called they said it must have been something on Clicgears end but not with S A.
hmmm I am raising hell in the morning too.. I even called this morning about the shipping and they were cool and said that I should not have been charged - looks like a comedy of errors,,

I just got off the phone with customer service at SA, they said the problem was a computer error in their warehouse. He replaced the order, with the discount, so everything should be good.

I just got off the phone with customer service at SA, they said the problem was a computer error in their warehouse. He replaced the order, with the discount, so everything should be good.

I recieved the same email message last night. I called SA this morning and they gave me the run around saying that the system rejected the order on the Clicgear side. They said I was the 3rd call this morning about this issue already. I talked to a SuperVisor and they are suppose to find out why today and call me back with a resolution.

well, sounds like you have gotten the best answer out of everyone that has called

After reading through the thread, I have sent the email. Will probably give them a call after I get rejected by their Customer Service Dept. The thing that PO's me the most is absolutely no attempt in the notice they sent me offering any explaination what so ever.

After reading through the thread, I have sent the email. Will probably give them a call after I get rejected by their Customer Service Dept. The thing that PO's me the most is absolutely no attempt in the notice they sent me offering any explaination what so ever.

Thanks for the updates - I hope MarcW got them on the right track!
Yes the e-mail I got was exactly like yours - SA said that it did there was no indication from the warehouse as to why - I got the feeling that was unusual as she said let me find out and put me on hold, after that said we will need to contact Clicgear and send you an e-mail - so far nothing-
I will post if I hear - Not sure who else to complain to right now

Thanks for the updates - I hope MarcW got them on the right track!
Yes the e-mail I got was exactly like yours - SA said that it did there was no indication from the warehouse as to why - I got the feeling that was unusual as she said let me find out and put me on hold, after that said we will need to contact Clicgear and send you an e-mail - so far nothing-
I will post if I hear - Not sure who else to complain to right now

From what I was told by SA, is that the computer system in their warehouse did not recognize the orders and therefore they could not be processed, it has NOTHING to do with Clicgear, could have happened with any product. If you get them to re-do your order, make sure they know about the discount code, as it expired yesterday.

So I should call again? or if they fixed the glitch should all the orders now be ok?

So I should call again? or if they fixed the glitch should all the orders now be ok?

I wouldn't trust them to fix all the orders automatically. I would call and make sure you get the color you want and the discount. Talk to a person (don't do it via email) and get a confirmation number.
I did get a response from Clicgear and they said it was a pricing issue. I think the line about the computer error in the warehouse was spin.

I called SA back this morning and the CSR said there was a set up error, whatever that mean. Got put on hold so that he could speak to his supervisor about a price match, he then came back with a story about trying to find out what happened to the original order and that he had to email another dept and that I should get an email today or the most 2-3 business days with a resolution. I will post if I hear back.

man talk about the run around, maybe its a sign it isnt meant to be lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back