Agree with other that par 5's typically because you can have a not so great shot and still get it down for a par.

For me, the par 5's and short par 4's.

I hate TapaTalk signatures...

Par 5's all day long. You can hit some horrible shots on a par 5 and still make par. I can remember a few times hitting a ball into a hazard and still making par.

Par 5. You can hit a couple of weak shots and still be in easy range of the green in regulation. You can even play many par 5 holes with a hybrid and a couple of iron shots and reach most greens. This isn't a 100% guarantee, but as a rule a par 5 has a bit of forgiveness that par 3 and par 4 holes don't have.

Another reason for my choice is the fact that Par 3's, around here, are often the hardest holes on the course. Forced carries, small greens, severe undulation, and difficult elevation changes are on every single one of them at my home course.

Last edited:
i say par 5, a 3 if u miss it ur saving par, its pretty easy to get on a par 5 in 4.. just my .02

X2. I love Par 5s because if you hit the green in two then you basically have a guaranteed bird (I hope I spelled guaranteed right....)

I'd have to go with par 5 as the easiest for me. I hit the ball a long way and usually can reach or be real close to the green in 2. So birdie and par are very possible from there.

Another reason for my choice is the fact that Par 3's, around here, are often the hardest holes on the course. Forced carries, small greens, severe undulation, and difficult elevation changes are on every single one of them at my home course.

Agree. Theres a couple par-3 courses around here that most players would struggle to make par on. Infact, one of them has never been parred from the black tees.

Par 5's for me! I feel like I can be a little off everywhere and still have an okay chance at par!

Got to go with a par 5 as well

par 4. I don't have the consistent length to reach the 5's in two. I can always reach the fours in two or three and let my putting /short game finish up.

I believe that it is a par 5 for many of the reasons stated above. However, my stats from last year indicate that I had a higher percentages of pars on par 4s.

Par 5 for me. I usually will have a wedge into the green, and I love hitting wedges so I usually have a good look at bird, which means an easy par generally.

I'm going to add short par 4's to my answer. I understand the reasoning that so many of you give behind par 5's being the easiest, but it doesn't work that way for me.

I believe that it is a par 5 for many of the reasons stated above. However, my stats from last year indicate that I had a higher percentages of pars on par 4s.

cause there are more of them....hehe

Par 5's for this guy as well. A par 3 usually ends up as a par 6 with my play.

cause there are more of them....hehe

Ha. I don't think that really impacts the percentage much, as it is just the # of pars divided by the # of par 4s. I think it is because I have more birdies per par 5 than I do per par 4. If I took both birdies and pars, the par 5s would be better (i.e. my scoring average on par 5s is better than par 3 and par 4s).

I have to go with par 5's as being the easiest, but I think that is due to my length.
If I hit even a mediocre drive for me, then making par on a 5 is pretty easy.

Par 5 without a doubt. Can hit 2 bad shots and still have a birdie attempt, and a 2 putt par.

Par 5 without a doubt. Can hit 2 bad shots and still have a birdie attempt, and a 2 putt par.

your bad shots must be nowhere near as bad as my bad shots hahaha... if i hit 2 bad shots im not getting anywhere near a birdie

I have been trying to figure out why my scoring average is better on par 3's than par 4's and 5's and I think it boils down to this:

I don't always hit great shots but I hit 1 AWFUL shot about every 5 I play (estimate). Based strictly on averages, I have a better chance of going 3 shots in a row without an awful swing than I do 5 shots. I understand with the par 5 you have more of an opportunity to recover from that bad shot, but if the shot is bad enough then you can't really recover all that well...

That's pretty much it for me, coupled with the fact that I'm not gifted in the distance department. Unless they are completely surrounded by trouble, I can usually recover from a bad short on a par 3 with a good chip and a putt.

I have been trying to figure out why my scoring average is better on par 3's than par 4's and 5's and I think it boils down to this:

I don't always hit great shots but I hit 1 AWFUL shot about every 5 I play (estimate). Based strictly on averages, I have a better chance of going 3 shots in a row without an awful swing than I do 5 shots. I understand with the par 5 you have more of an opportunity to recover from that bad shot, but if the shot is bad enough then you can't really recover all that well...

Back