TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Review Thread

that's a good little 6i shoot out right there 1-T
ok, I have a TM 2.0 6 iron as well as a Cleveland CG16 7 iron

I would think that would be a good test.

that's a good little 6i shoot out right there 1-T

Well, I have already hit them all one after the other, but I didnt really focus on ball flight. I was focusing on distance. I do not recall once thinking the CB's were too high. But I want to give this test a fair chance. I will say that the distances with the 16 and 2.0 were significantly more than the CB's

having hit all 3 I'd say you're right. Maybe the 16's slightly longer and the 2.0's a littel tighter shot dispersion-wise?
Well, I have already hit them all one after the other, but I didnt really focus on ball flight. I was focusing on distance. I do not recall once thinking the CB's were too high. But I want to give this test a fair chance. I will say that the distances with the 16 and 2.0 were significantly more than the CB's

I would think that would be a good test.

I don't, they're all different shafts, the 2.0 is a 6iron, the 16 is a 7iron.

One-T, let me ask you a question (even though I already know the answer): do the CB's flight higher than your CG7's you use to have? Knowing that both are GI irons?

I may be wrong but isn't the point of a cavity backed club to be able to increase the prerimeter weighting to assist in getting the ball airborne? To me, if I'm right shouldn't those who have a ball flight that is to high be looking at a lower launching shaft? Feel free to tell me I am wrong :)

I may be wrong but isn't the point of a cavity backed club to be able to increase the prerimeter weighting to assist in getting the ball airborne? To me, if I'm right shouldn't those who have a ball flight that is to high be looking at a lower launching shaft? Feel free to tell me I am wrong :)

Ive seen what you've posted in the gun threads, I'll pass on calling you wrong or anything else for that matter.

I think so. I think the shaft has a huge amount to do with ball flight.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Ive seen what you've posted in the gun threads, I'll pass on calling you wrong or anything else for that matter.

LOL, and I'll return the favor to you my good sir.

TC when I was going through my fitting, different shafts gave me entirely differing results as to launch angles and shot height. Starting to think I went with the wrong shaft for me though, but that's for another thread. To me it just seems that people want to automatically blame the clubhead for launching high but never try different shafts to reach the end-point they are looking for.

TC when I was going through my fitting, different shafts gave me entirely differing results as to launch angles and shot height. Starting to think I went with the wrong shaft for me though, but that's for another thread. To me it just seems that people want to automatically blame the clubhead for launching high but never try different shafts to reach the end-point they are looking for.

Did you do this iron fitting with one iron or all of them?

Did you do this iron fitting with one iron or all of them?

Therein lies the problem it was a 6 iron fitting with the optimizer, and then tried everything that it recommended that was on the cart. 5-8 launches great and gets the height I like, 9-GW goes up like a balloon and falls like a rock. Hit some other shafts last week and very much liked the flight I was seeing.

Therein lies the problem it was a 6 iron fitting with the optimizer, and then tried everything that it recommended that was on the cart. 5-8 launches great and gets the height I like, 9-GW goes up like a balloon and falls like a rock. Hit some other shafts last week and very much liked the flight I was seeing.

Was this at the Kingdom or Golftec?

You're preaching to the choir brother. I tested half a dozen different iron shafts and everyone was vastly different.

You're preaching to the choir brother. I tested half a dozen different iron shafts and everyone was vastly different.

Does that mean somebody should get a different shaft for each club? Sorta like getting a driver fitting but for each iron.

Does that mean somebody should get a different shaft for each club? Sorta like getting a driver fitting but for each iron.

I think that's pretty impossible to do. Most fitting carts feature a 6iron head and have all kinds of different shafts. I've never had a problem being fit with a 6iron and having things not work in my scoring irons.

Was this at the Kingdom or Golftec?

Neither, Golfsmith. I didn't tinker with irons too much at the kingdom other than spend about 30 minutes hitting the CB's and 2.0s so that I could understand a little of what the guys here were talking about. Hit the 8I MB once...that was enough to let me know I didn't belong.

I don't, they're all different shafts, the 2.0 is a 6iron, the 16 is a 7iron.

One-T, let me ask you a question (even though I already know the answer): do the CB's flight higher than your CG7's you use to have? Knowing that both are GI irons?

you know bro, thats a good question. My CG7's did have a high flight for me, but remember that was with a regular flex. So, I would say that the CB's are very close to the height, but mabe just a hair more.

I did put a new grip on my PW, I wanted this green cause I thought it would look sick in the CB, I was right. sorry for the bad quality it was taken with my phone.

2011-04-01_14-45-59_75.jpg

you know bro, thats a good question. My CG7's did have a high flight for me, but remember that was with a regular flex. So, I would say that the CB's are very close to the height, but mabe just a hair more.

I think the CB's fly higher but that's just me.

Nice grip dude!

I did put a new grip on my PW, I wanted this green cause I thought it would look sick in the CB, I was right. sorry for the bad quality it was taken with my phone.

you've been dying for some green grips for over a month now! Looks good.

Are the grips workable?

Are the grips workable?

yeah, I put it on, looked at a golf ball and the ball drew around my house

yeah, I put it on, looked at a golf ball and the ball drew around my house

There will be no shot in your arsenal that can't be played now. You have after market grips and a forged iron! You're a shot maker now. CONGRATS!

I think the CB's fly higher but that's just me.

Nice grip dude!

I agree that they do but I would say more so in my scoring irons. I just dont see that big of a difference from the 7 to 3

There will be no shot in your arsenal that can't be played now. You have after market grips and a forged iron! You're a shot maker now. CONGRATS!

I know bro!!! I was practicing flop shots with my 3 iron. seemless!!!!

Back