Where do you get sore after a round?

I get some minor leg soreness. Nothing major at all.

My lower left back hurts the most. Pretty used to it now.

In the pads at the base, or the digit? I get in the pads. It's a little arthritis.

Kevin

Yeah, its the pads. I thought it was just my own little oddity, lol, which is common enough.

46 year old lefty, and I seem to be getting a right shoulder (rotator cuff) nagging at me just a bit

Used to be lower back but this year I'm really going after it the gym. Used to be a gym rat, just trying to tap back into it I guess. I've been hitting the core exercises especially hard. So now, fingers crossed through about 12 rounds this year, I've experienced zero soreness after play. I mean, I play sore at times, residual soreness caused by my workouts. But afterward, nothing that I could attribute to golfing as far as I can tell.

My lower back! One reason is more than likely due to me walking, but I had some very minor back issues in the past!

I always try to make it to the course a couple of minutes early just to stretch!

Lower back when I'm really hitting it bad.

No where, because I'm 14! Maybe a little in my back if I'm carrying 18 holes.

my wallet... especially if the beer cart girl is hot

usually its my left ankle/knee
my right wrist
and if im swinging really bad... my neck

At the advice of my son, I bought a foam roller a couple weeks ago and I am in love with that thing. It is 6" x 36" and I use it on my back and hips. It helps to loosen up the muscles and knots in my back. Almost like getting a deep massage. It definitely pinpoints the sore spots and hurts so good. There are a lot of good videos on YouTube that show how it works. I got mine on Ebay for about $15.

My lower back. It's usually OK when I play, and driving home is usually OK. It's when I get out of the car/truck when I get home, that it hits. I'll try to work it out if I can, but sometimes it's a job for the Chiropractor.

At the advice of my son, I bought a foam roller a couple weeks ago and I am in love with that thing. It is 6" x 36" and I use it on my back and hips. It helps to loosen up the muscles and knots in my back. Almost like getting a deep massage. It definitely pinpoints the sore spots and hurts so good. There are a lot of good videos on YouTube that show how it works. I got mine on Ebay for about $15.

Post up a vid, KB. I'm too lazy to look right now!

Post up a vid, KB. I'm too lazy to look right now!

It's pretty intuitive. While laying on the ground, you place the roller underneath whatever body part you want to massage and roll back and forth on it. I often use one (or sometimes a slightly deflated football) on my IT bands. (IT band is heavy duty connective tissue that runs along the outside of your thigh.) It makes me see stars, but it feels good to loosen that up.

I went to the driving range yesterday, and I have some soreness in my calves, and the middle of my back (the muscle that pulls the club through the swing, I think). After a round, I usually have sore feet, calves, and the top of my right forearm.

My lower back gets tight but I haven't really had any soreness after a round in several years. Even then my soreness came from playing with a partially torn Achilles and not something I was doing on the course to cause me pain.

My back and around my shoulders get sore. Today i played 36 holes and at the end of the day my back was history. Thats about it unless i walk 18 then everything hurts.

I have pretty severe lower back problems, but I refuse to allow that to stop me from golfing. Half of a pain pill at the outset permits me to get through 18 without too much discomfort. At the beginning of the season I typically get sore in the ribcage/obligue area for the first few range sessions and/or rounds too.

never sore, but last year I was getting blisters on the left side of my 4th finger on my right hand.

Must be my grip of death

So far this year, I havent run into that issue yet

I don't get sore at all, but then again I play only 9 holes about 90% of the time. If I carry my clubs, then my legs are really tired the next day but there never has been any soreness.

Agree with those saying their feet, I have plantar fasciitis and after I get home from playing and then sitting for a short while it is hard to walk until for a short while when I first get up again. For the past month, since I pulled the muscle in my right side, that muscle will ache a little after I play, then thit will clam down again pretty quickly, especially if I get in the hottub and let the biggest jet massage the side for a few minutes.
Really at my age, I am surprised that I don't hurt more after playing.

Last year it was my back muscles that would tighted up towards the end of the round. Never got real sore legs or feet because I took a cart most of last year, but after walking 18 yesterday, my feet are definitely sore today.

Where aren't I sore should be the question...Like many. lower back and knee stiffness....Losing weight would help....I've found that if I leave the course and go to the gym for a light workout and some walking on a treadmill or in a pool, the stiffness/soreness is gone...And God bless the man/woman who invented Alleve...

Last edited:
Both knees.
Almost no cartilage left in either knee.
3 surgeries on the left and 1 on the right.
Doc says I am a candidate for replacements in both knees in the next 5 years or so.
Ice, naproxen and ibuprofen are my friends !

Besides my ego...

My middle and sometimes lower back. If I haven't played in a while my hamstrings will be sore from the squatting for reading putts. I haven't walked 18 since college and don't think my knee could handle it now if I tried, but it would certainly hurt if I did.

Back