The Morgan Cup - Want to be a Tour Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y'all seem sort of frantic there, Jethro, with all the "My boys are out on the golf course, doing what all needs to be done y'all."

It's March. My advice to my teammates is relax. Practice smart. If things don't go your way, don't press. Step back, go hit some putts. If you push, push, push, the whole Summer leading up to The Cup, you're going to fry yourself. Take joy out of your successes, don't obsess on your mistakes or struggles or the lead up to the tournament is going to become work.

And golf is supposed to be fun.

Kevin

I know dude. I'm just playing Captain Hardass for the sake of the "banter". I'm not really good at it.

Are we done for the day?

Kevin

Gotta get the toddler down for the night, then I'll be back.

Are we done for the day?

Kevin
I am. I'm worn out man, I'm only good for a couple of aggressive posts like that a day.

PS- I love OEM Kevin and TC, all of Team Hackers, and even the groupie yappers. Err, the Lefty-ities.

I'm out. I'm going to be nicer tomorrow.

Kevin

Here are some sig pics for Team Paradise.
nice pics setho!

I'm loving the build-up and being a part of the entire process and sharing it with everyone else. I think it's fascinating watching it all unfold.
this is truly an awesome experience. As i was rolling putts today at golfsmith - i kept thinking what the competition itself will be like... this putt to win the hole and close out biggsy... it felt good damnit.

One-t with the eagle! And yep, orange e6!
holy hell one-T, nice eagle!! driving a par 4 nice, but the ladies tees dont count :p
an eagle against your brother is one thing - in competition you'll be begging me for a par putt :)

lmao! Skype! Whats next Skype golf?

You know how I know team Paradise is full of flamers?

Skype golf!! hahah - im sad i missed all the flaming. Now im left here in the thread after work by myself catching up and throwing in my own posts, and its just not the same.

Except that he hasn't yet, nor has Puttin4bird or One-T. That just leaves a couple of you guys left for me. I think I've earned the right to say whatever I want to flipper.
holy hell did you just call my matchup FLIPPER!!! i love it hahahaha - i spit beer up when i read that post. +1 captain. +1

this is truly an awesome experience. As i was rolling putts today at golfsmith - i kept thinking what the competition itself will be like... this putt to win the hole and close out biggsy... it felt good damnit.
Son, you are out of your league.

So my day started with a PM from my tour rep. I instantly began running through the options we had with the flatstick. Truly great options to have.

Before deciding - i sent in a few preliminary questions to our rep and I wanted to do one last showdown at the golfsmith before deciding.

It was the middle of the day before i had to be at work - so i grabbed the TM-110(blade), TM-770(full mallet), TM-880 (mid-mallet) and the original corzo ghost.

I set up 10 feet away and hit 10 balls with each. winners here were the blade and mid-mallet. only missed 1 with each. Missed 2 with the 770, and 3 with the orginal ghost.

Next was the lag test from 20 and 30 feet. Same test 10 balls. 880 was money from 20 feet - holed 3 and had all 7 within a foot. Pretty crazy compared to the 110 - that i had several short, and the original ghost was close as well - but none held a candle to the 880.

Im gaming the method now and i cant get anywhere with my lags. I think its the lightweight design - just doesnt have the getup and go. But i also think the Pure Roll Titallium in these TM putters are just that much better. I think i may have found my answer though: the blades were deadly accuracte under 10 feet - but i couldnt lag. The mallets i was a better lagger but poor under 10 feet. This mid-mallet was money on BOTH. Lookout!!

Im not sure what it was about it - but its heavy - which i think built confidence in the stroke. its small - so there isnt a lot of club to manage- just align it (btw the 3 lines of alignment are FAR better than 1, or 1 dot-method) and stroke away.

this model was a 35" which is way to big for me. Im a SBST guy and i hunch over my line - im thinking the shortest i can go 32".

since i am hunched over id like it a degree more upright, 69*

i love the weight in it - if i had any suggestions i might like more weight in the toe - since it is a heel shafted club - this would allow me "close" the toe and square it easier? I wasnt able to test this - but with the moveable weights - im guessing we could just move them back?

Has anyone ever changed the weights in the tour ghost line? I will have to speak with my tour rep about this.

Final decision was grips. I like a larger putter grip - and smooth. I have not seen the TM white ghost grip - but i took a picture of the stock one today. If anyone can locate one id love to see it.

i think i will go with what i feel the most comfortable with- just to be "at one" with my putter. The IOMIC White Putter grip - MIDSIZE - with 2 wraps of tape.

Phew! one piece done; 13 more to go. Unbelieveable experience!

Thanks again to TaylorMade, Callaway, and THP for truly understanding what a tremendous event they have going and how happy this truly makes us.

tmtg110880.jpg

The TM-110 vs the TM-880
Love love love the look of that 880. Its like perfection :)

griptmtour.jpg

stock grip. Im not a fan of "textured" putter grips. more a smooth guy, and id like pure white on my ghost!

Hmmm.... any chance I could send this to vibrant and get it completely whited-out? then possibly name it "Casper" slayer of Team-SIMS Paradise.

hah

**sorry im long winded when i get going.

Son, you are out of your league.

haha just seeing if anyone was paying attention at this hour. I like to mentally prepare against the best competition i can.

haha just seeing if anyone was paying attention at this hour. I like to mentally prepare against the best competition i can.
We are always watching! LOL

Nice write-up man. It's a lot of work in a short amount of time and it looks like you made a good decision. That's a real short putter though, like Garrigus short.

We are always watching! LOL

Nice write-up man. It's a lot of work in a short amount of time and it looks like you made a good decision. That's a real short putter though, like Garrigus short.

Im not terribly tall (5'7") and im a SBST putter. so i like to be centered over my line - which means im usually hunched over. I feel my putters are always too long and im gripping shaft. So im going as short as possible.

Im not terribly tall (5'7") and im a SBST putter. so i like to be centered over my line - which means im usually hunched over. I feel my putters are always too long and im gripping shaft. So im going as short as possible.
Everyone has a different style, which makes this game unique, it's just exceptionally short, like Spank short.

Just an observation.

I really liked all of the Taylormade Ghost putters. I would have liked one of each, they just felt so good. I think the only thing lacking on a stock Corza is the ability to swap out the weights. I think it also adds a style to the putters seeing those weights. They are really sharp and perform!

Moveable Weight Technology on the Tour Ghost putters?

Saw this while debating the merits of each putter this am. Got me thinking.

Moveable Weight Technology for swing weighting on custom lengths

Few questions arose - since you can see where the weights are screwed into the putter faces.

1.) Are they able to be adjusted my the user? or are they only adjusted my TaylorMade when the putters are assembled?

2.) Since its a heel-shafted putter- should i add a few grams of weight to the TOE to help it close easier and square the face? Or does this uneven weight throw off the balancing of the putter?

I loved the weight of the stock one - but i feel that im more comfortable with added weight. I would like to try 355 g - but if i didnt like it - reverting back to stock would be nice.

Would also like to test the extra weight in the toe and see if it helped any- but i wouldnt want to leave the putter like this if i coudnt revert back to stock in any situation.

So i guess if it isnt customizeable post-production its all pretty useless conversation i just had with myself. lol

Thanks to all, and especially to the GHOST line - awesome putters out there, I'm honored to be a TaylorMade staffer.

PS- I love OEM Kevin and TC, all of Team Hackers, and even the groupie yappers. Err, the Lefty-ities.

You are this close to losing a spot in the Morgan Cup and possibly the only piece of your man card you have left. Talk is talk and its about competition, every time you say something it does not have to be followed up with

"gee guys, dont forget how much I love you and those precious moments of whatnot I have planned for us".

Deep down, this is why each and every one of you guys cant handle pressure on the golf course!

:rofl::popcorn:

You are this close to losing a spot in the Morgan Cup and possibly the only piece of your man card you have left. Talk is talk and its about competition, every time you say something it does not have to be followed up with

"gee guys, dont forget how much I love you and those precious moments of whatnot I have planned for us".

Deep down, this is why each and every one of you guys cant handle pressure on the golf course!

Poor Jake, taking it from every angle.

That's too bad.

ouch, anything but the man card

Jake's finding his own. I've got him on a raw egg and ranch regimen and it takes some time. He'll be ok.

Jake's finding his own. I've got him on a raw egg and ranch regimen and it takes some time. He'll be ok.

Dip it in Ranch Captain! Ole Jake we'll be all over you like belbin is some snow cream.

I'm sure we all know this, nothing said in this thread will hurt anyones feelings, thats the point of the thread.

I completely agree with this. The trash talk is fun, even if some of us aren't too good at it (ahem, me), but I don't think that anyone on here wants to say something truly hurtful to anyone else, it wouldn't reflect well on that person, the competition, or this site.

Y'all seem sort of frantic there, Jethro, with all the "My boys are out on the golf course, doing what all needs to be done y'all."

It's March. My advice to my teammates is relax. Practice smart. If things don't go your way, don't press. Step back, go hit some putts. If you push, push, push, the whole Summer leading up to The Cup, you're going to fry yourself. Take joy out of your successes, don't obsess on your mistakes or struggles or the lead up to the tournament is going to become work.

And golf is supposed to be fun.

Kevin

Kevin is a wise man. We're just starting our golf season up here now, trust me I'll be ready by August.

**sorry im long winded when i get going.

You think that all of us didn't already know that?

Except that he hasn't yet, nor has Puttin4bird or One-T. That just leaves a couple of you guys left for me. I think I've earned the right to say whatever I want to flipper.

Is it bad that I laughed out loud when I read the flipper comment this morning? Well played, TC, well played.

Good morning Flipper! Is dolphin skin susceptible to razor burn when you're trimming your beard in the morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back