Anyone else play tennis

I actually started late in my juniors, around 16 and went on to play college tennis at a small D1 University in Texas. Played all 4 years and loved every year! Then went on to get my PTA teaching certificate and taught tennis in Hawaii for about 2 years after college. Then came back to Dallas where I taught for another 3 years till I got out of the industry and got a real job. So glad I did it that way! Now, I play every now and then as 2 kiddos with a 3rd on the way keeps me busy. My 5 year old is already taking a 30 minute lesson every week and hope to get the other one going in the next year or so.

Have always played with Wilson racquets, from the early pro-staffs to the hammers to now the K-Factors. It would take some practice and doing but could probably play with good 4.0 to 4.5 players right now.

I'm a tennis player. Played junior tennis but didn't play college ball for different reasons. Taught tennis for a few years while I was in college and finishing up high school. Still play ALTA and USTA tennis in Atlanta. Played some K Swiss as well. I play with Wilson K-factor six- one team racquets with Goosen polyester strings. I string my racquets at 70 pounds. Apparel is all Nike from shoes, shorts, shirts and socks. Outfits always match and I won't even consider it if it is not Nike.

70 pounds wow. Have you never had any elbow/shoulder issues? And I wanted to like the nike shoes, but the ballistics just weren't for me. I may try the delpotros or the federer's some day but I find it hard to believe anything can be better than the barricades.

I actually started late in my juniors, around 16 and went on to play college tennis at a small D1 University in Texas. Played all 4 years and loved every year! Then went on to get my PTA teaching certificate and taught tennis in Hawaii for about 2 years after college. Then came back to Dallas where I taught for another 3 years till I got out of the industry and got a real job. So glad I did it that way! Now, I play every now and then as 2 kiddos with a 3rd on the way keeps me busy. My 5 year old is already taking a 30 minute lesson every week and hope to get the other one going in the next year or so.

Have always played with Wilson racquets, from the early pro-staffs to the hammers to now the K-Factors. It would take some practice and doing but could probably play with good 4.0 to 4.5 players right now.

I always wanted to give teaching a shot and I was even offered a spot at my local club but had to declien due to school this year but a good friend of mine got the call after me so I guess it worked out. And I'm hoping if i have kids that they'll pick up tennis (and golf) earlier than I did and see if we can do something with it since I just love the game so much.

I've been itching to demo some wilson's in recent years but just havent pulled the trigger yet. Maybe this year will be the year I branch out.

70 pounds wow. Have you never had any elbow/shoulder issues? And I wanted to like the nike shoes, but the ballistics just weren't for me. I may try the delpotros or the federer's some day but I find it hard to believe anything can be better than the barricades.

I always wanted to give teaching a shot and I was even offered a spot at my local club but had to declien due to school this year but a good friend of mine got the call after me so I guess it worked out. And I'm hoping if i have kids that they'll pick up tennis (and golf) earlier than I did and see if we can do something with it since I just love the game so much.

I've been itching to demo some wilson's in recent years but just havent pulled the trigger yet. Maybe this year will be the year I branch out.

Barricades are by far the most durable shoes I've ever played, but when I started teaching I'd wear Nikes because they were so comfortable. Anytime I tried to play in Nikes they literally lasted less than a week. 70 lbs is really tight with today's strings, racquets, stringing machines. I would think all shops would make you sign a waiver saying they're not responsible if it breaks while trying to string that. You also need to generate some serious racquet head speed with strings at 70, but if it works it works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been fortunate to not have any arm issues with the tension. I feel like I started both sports relatively late -tennis age 11 and golf age 16 or so. If my wife and I have kids I would definitely want them to get introductions to both early in life as they are sports you can play for a lifetime. They both have been such a blessing for me as I have made many friends from both. And tennis provided me with some great memories and I made good money as a college student teaching and it's something I could always do if I wanted/ needed to do. Wilson makes some great racquets and the new BLX line is legit. I also like a few racquets from Head as well. Depends on what type of stick you are in the market for. My feet don't seem to agree with the barricades when I have tried them on, granted I was not strongly considering them as I am a Nike guy. What racquet do you play with now Packersfan?

Barricades are by far the most durable shoes I've ever played, but when I started teaching I'd wear Nikes because they were so comfortable. Anytime I tried to play in Nikes they literally lasted less than a week. 70 lbs is really tight with today's strings, racquets, stringing machines. I would think all shops would make you sign a waiver saying they're not responsible if it breaks while trying to string that. You also need to generate some serious racquet head speed with strings at 70, but if it works it works.

Yea the shops have not told me that but I'm aware that it is a possibility when stringing them that high. I actually have to get two of them strung in the next couple of days so don't jinx my racquets!!!

Yea the shops have not told me that but I'm aware that it is a possibility when stringing them that high. I actually have to get two of them strung in the next couple of days so don't jinx my racquets!!!

Hahaha. If I jinxed one of yours I have plenty to replace it with, but most are 90s.

I use the Babolat Pure Drive GT+...i've used it for a while but feel like it's time to at least experiment if not make a change. I like the look of some of the new Head's and some of the Wilson's. And I string mine at 62 usually so I like tight strings also but not 70 haha

I use the Babolat Pure Drive GT+...i've used it for a while but feel like it's time to at least experiment if not make a change. I like the look of some of the new Head's and some of the Wilson's. And I string mine at 62 usually so I like tight strings also but not 70 haha

62 here also. What size racquet head do you use?

Les bring this thread back...I joined my tennis team this year and really love it. It's exciting and really fun. Although its completely taken over my golf right now which sucks :(
I got a head speed mp 18/20 (novaks w.o.c.) with synthetic gut

I don't play, but my wife used to. She watches most of the Wimbledon tournament and most of the other majors.

I last played in Junior High School. We used to see how many times we could hit it back and forth before someone missed it, haha.

I have considered playing for my high school, but I am afraid it would take away from golf. I play basketball as well. My dad played Tennis all 4 years of high school though. It is a fun game.

I played all my Jr and high school years and kept at it until mid twenties I guess. My sis was extremely good and competitive her entire life. I think about going back to it once in a while, not sure my legs could take the pounding. I settle for TV coverage now, lol.

By the way, Liz was just telling me tonight that she see's a ground of late 60's, early 70's fellow's playing about three early mornings a week at the courts near our home. I think thats pretty cool.

Federer vs Nadal tonight in Indian Wells in the quarter finals for you tennis fans. Think on one of the ESPN channels or the tennis channel. Always good tennis.

Guess Fed had an off night - I have been to this tourny and its a pretty cool venue.

Back