Forum Putter Testing Sign Up

1. What putter style (shape) are you partial to? I seem to favor blades
2. What is your current putter? YES! Callie-F
3. Do you prefer inserts or no inserts and why?I have not used a insert putter in quite a few years so I would say no inserts
4. What is your biggest weakness in putting? Short putts are my weakness

This is really impressive the numbers that want to take on the challenge of testing. If I was the putter company I would be really excited about the testing that is about to go down! There are a lot of great applicants on this thread. Good luck everybody.

Even though I'm a relative newcomer to this site, I'm gonna go ahead and throw my name in the hat.

1. What putter style (shape) are you partial to? I prefer a blade/anser style putter
2. What is your current putter? My gamer for the past few years has been an Odyssey White Steel #1, but also have an Anser that I flirt with from time to time.
3. Do you prefer inserts or no inserts and why? I prefer firm inserts or no insert at all. Putters with soft inserts are hard to get a feel for, and seem to provide very little feedback.
4. What is your biggest weakness in putting? My biggest weakness is distance control on slow greens.

I am always on the lookout for a putter that will make more putts for me! I always have several being punished in the garage for poor performance. I have never been properly fitted for a putter so this would be fun.

1. What putter style (shape) are you partial to? I am pretty much a mallet guy. I have tried blades but prefer the looks of the mallets.
2. What is your current putter? The Odyssey 2-Ball Backstryke.
3. Do you prefer inserts or no inserts and why? I generally prefer inserts. Gives a less harsh feel
4. What is your biggest weakness in putting? Liprosy. Mostly pushes, distance is usually good.

I know they aren't all applicants but 200+ posts! WOW!!

Thats impressive indeed. I'm all excited for this one, love me some putters.

I know they aren't all applicants but 200+ posts! WOW!!

Thats impressive indeed. I'm all excited for this one, love me some putters.

It is obvious, people do love putters!! :)

Whats the announcement date looking like for this one? Im very excited to see who gets what putters. Even better that it will be custom fit to the person!

Whats the announcement date looking like for this one? Im very excited to see who gets what putters. Even better that it will be custom fit to the person!

I believe JB said thursday. I cant remember what page that was on.

Thank You THP for this amazing Opportunity! You guys are the best!

1. What putter style (shape) are you partial to? I prefer the traditional blade style putters (heel shafted)
2. What is your current putter? Taylormade Rossa Imola 6-02 TP Series
3. Do you prefer inserts or no inserts and why? I've always had putters with inserts. I get better feel with them, meaning better distance control. But I also think that non-insert putters get a more consistent "pure roll" off the face.
4. What is your biggest weakness in putting? I struggle with hitting putts on line, and thus I miss a lot of short putts.

Thursday is gonna be a heck of a day.

great opportunity here again, thanks THP.

1. What putter style (shape) are you partial to? Anser style
2. What is your current putter? bettinardi C02
3. Do you prefer inserts or no inserts and why? generally i have not preferred inserts, but i feel they are getting better all the time
4. What is your biggest weakness in putting? tend to push putts

More great testing opportunities!

1. What putter style (shape) are you partial to? blade/mid mallet
2. What is your current putter? cameron newport 2
3. Do you prefer inserts or no inserts and why? inserts - touch on speedy summer greens
4. What is your biggest weakness in putting? missing when they should be made

Thursday will be a wonderful day for 10 folks! I can't wait to see who all is chosen, because I know it will be 10 dedicated hackers! These opportunities that are given are amazing! Thanks to THP again!

1. What putter style (shape) are you partial to? Blade / Mid Mallet
2. What is your current putter? TaylorMade Corza Ghost Mallet Heel Shafted
3. Do you prefer inserts or no inserts and why? No, Currently my putter has one because I am trying something different however I prefer a milled face
4. What is your biggest weakness in putting? Aim on Short putts

I can see another great round of reviews brewing! Thank you THP ahead of time.

1. What putter style (shape) are you partial to? Blades, preferably with none or minimal offset.
2. What is your current putter? Seemore m7
3. Do you prefer inserts or no inserts and why? I do prefer certain inserts, like the one in my current putter(aluminum) or on Odyssey Limited edition PT 82
4. What is your biggest weakness in putting? Seemore has helped tremendously with alignment, so long lag putts are my biggest enemy.

I've been doing better on the greens the last few rounds. Putting went from 2.9 to 2.4, which was nice. Today was a different story though. Putted 2.8 which is a big step backwards. I think the fact that "the company" is going to custom fit the testers is awesome! Shows a great deal of care about their products! Sure am dying to find out if I get to go to work for this company and the THP members! Even if I don't I am getting ready to invest in a custom job soon even if just for the confidence boost.

I really don't think it takes an afficianado to be a good putter tester, mdb. The one question that will be most important to me is, "does it help you make more putts."

Completely agree with Hawk here. The learning experience in trying a new putter and how it works for you can benefit all of us.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

I agree. I'm not sure how to phrase this... Don't you think someone that is utterly obsessed with putters can perform a more thorough comparative review?

I agree. I'm not sure how to phrase this... Don't you think someone that is utterly obsessed with putters can perform a more thorough comparative review?

I dont think one has to do a comparative review.

I'm brand new so I prolly have 0 chance at this, but if your ever selected how do you know? Do you get a pm?

I've been doing better on the greens the last few rounds. Putting went from 2.9 to 2.4, which was nice. Today was a different story though. Putted 2.8 which is a big step backwards. I think the fact that "the company" is going to custom fit the testers is awesome! Shows a great deal of care about their products! Sure am dying to find out if I get to go to work for this company and the THP members! Even if I don't I am getting ready to invest in a custom job soon even if just for the confidence boost.

I can't tell you how important putter fitting is. Getting fitted for my putter 2 years ago was the single best thing I've ever done for my game. It allowed me to finally break 80.

I do think putting reviews have a unique aspect to them. Because you are taking a slower swing, you are more connected to the head of the putter. You spend more time lining up your shots, focusing on your line, your setup, etc. So, putter reviews won't just have "it worked" or "it didn't work" -- there is a lot more "WHY" in putter reviews. Really hope to get the chance to make my first review contribution to THP, but if not, I look forward to reading the opinions of other reviewers as usual.

1. What putter style (shape) are you partial to? I have tried most types but im on the lookout for a heel shafted putter with a shorter flanger blade with some mass Ala Phil Mickelson. i tend to miss putts to the right so that should help the face close. I like a little extra mass so my stroke is more smooth, i dont feel like i have to get into it as much for long putts.

2. What is your current putter? I currently game a Odyssey White Hot XG Marksman. i purchased it because of the extra weighting and instert. the price was good also, i dont have scotty cameron money lol

3. Do you prefer inserts or no inserts and why? i do prefer inserts. I feel that they provide superior feel and consistancy. Putting is mostly about feel inserts give you better feedback ,feel and distance control.

4.What is your biggest weakness in putting? It is definitely reading greens i struggle with the lines in coordination with the speed. i might have the right line or right speed, but they are never both together.

I know i am a newer member but i look forward to being a productive member of THP!!! thanks

1. What putter style (shape) are you partial to? Blade
2. What is your current putter? Rossa Daytona
3. Do you prefer inserts or no inserts and why? Inserts, but only recently. Improves feel for me.
4. What is your biggest weakness in putting? Pulling putts.

Back