On course food/drink prices?

PiratePenguin

2024 Goat Cup Team Brennan
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Curious how consistent the price drinks and snacks are from the beverage carts around THP world.

Most courses around here you pay $2-3 average for a Gatorade type drink and $4+ on the high end, crackers and candy bars are in the $1.50-2.50 range, sometimes as high as $3+.

But yesterday I played a course where you could get a half-sandwich (with plenty of meat, lettuce, and tomato), crackers or candy bar, and 24 oz fountain drink for a flat $5. Best deal I may have ever gotten on a golf course - and it was at a high end private club where I normally see higher prices. I need to go back - it was a good sandwich. :)

I am pretty cheap when it comes to this sort of thing. Drinks and snacks I carry in just like the movies. On occasion I will buy a hot dog, that's about it. That $5 deal sounds pretty good though.

My home course does not price gouge on any products. Gatorade - bottled water $1.50, fountain pop (24oz) $1.25, canned beer $2.25, bottled beer $2.50, draft beer $2.00 (16oz mug), wine coolers $2.75. Most candy bars $1.00, same on chips, crackers, cookies etc. Grill items like a hamburger $2.25, Cheeseburger $2.50, double cheeseburger $3.25, ham & cheese $3.25. You can get a six pack (limit) for the course in a small cooler w/ice for $8.00.

My home course does not price gouge on any products. Gatorade - bottled water $1.50, fountain pop (24oz) $1.25, canned beer $2.25, bottled beer $2.50, draft beer $2.00 (16oz mug), wine coolers $2.75. Most candy bars $1.00, same on chips, crackers, cookies etc. Grill items like a hamburger $2.25, Cheeseburger $2.50, double cheeseburger $3.25, ham & cheese $3.25. You can get a six pack (limit) for the course in a small cooler w/ice for $8.00.

Wow those are great prices! My home course gouges for sure. $3 gatorade, $2 candy, $2 chips, $3 hot dog, $5 sandwich. So I try and carry in when I remember.

Our course got new management last year and they've made an effort to lower prices which is great, considering it's a high end course. It's a trend I wish was more prevalent. You pay a steep green fee and cart fee, don't make it worse by gouging further at the snack stand.

3.50$ sandwiches
2$ gatorades
1.50$ hot dogs

That flat $5 sounds like a great deal! It used to annoy me how much snacks cost at the golf course but I realized after being on my club exec for a couple of years that most snack shops are just making a enough revenue for it to be profitable to run the snack huts and the snack carts on the course. I don't look at it any differently than the snack counter at the movie theatre. It is a convience service that you don't have to use but if you do it is a benefit to the facility. A lot of private clubs have a monthly bar tab minimum that you must pay whether you use it or not.

It sucks having to pay $3 for a bottle of gatorade but at least by doing so it keeps the snack cart on the course so that when I really want a gatorade I can get one!

At my home club:

Drinks - Free
Chocolate Bars - 75 cents
Chips - 50 cents
Hot Dogs - $2.00

Just the basics. I get a discount on everything.

The last time I was on a course at the time of day the beer girl was still rolling around the course, I think it was $3 for beer, $3 for hotdog, 1.00 for soda, 1.50 for water, 1 for candy.

But I usually play twilight hours and most courses have stopped the beverage cart by 4.

Wow those are great prices! My home course gouges for sure. $3 gatorade, $2 candy, $2 chips, $3 hot dog, $5 sandwich. So I try and carry in when I remember.

Another reason why it is great to live in rural America, where the course owners consider themselves close personal friends with all the members, and friends never screw their friends.

Curious how consistent the price drinks and snacks are from the beverage carts around THP world.

Most courses around here you pay $2-3 average for a Gatorade type drink and $4+ on the high end, crackers and candy bars are in the $1.50-2.50 range, sometimes as high as $3+.

But yesterday I played a course where you could get a half-sandwich (with plenty of meat, lettuce, and tomato), crackers or candy bar, and 24 oz fountain drink for a flat $5. Best deal I may have ever gotten on a golf course - and it was at a high end private club where I normally see higher prices. I need to go back - it was a good sandwich. :)

That's agreat price, my home course that would run 7-8 bucks. I recently played in laughlin at the Avi and I was waiting out a hail storm and ordered a double Jack. I paid with my debit and the guy goes you need a $10.00 min, and I told him to leave it open. The hail let up and I ordered a beer to take me over the 10 and he goes, sorry you need to spend 10 dollars, I was amazed as this would of been at 13 at home. Ended up getting another beer all for $11, I was almost knocked over that I could get a double and two beers for that price.

our restaurant is pretty cheap but still has a big menu...

i love calling from the 8th green and having a Caesar wrap and fries ready to eat when i get to the club house. :clapp:

Those are good prices for sure.

The other prices you mentioned are the norm I have seen.

[B]
Good prices...My 2 courses are owned by the same family...Domestic Beer $3, $18 for 6 pack with ice and insulated bag, Soda $2 (20 oz bottle at one and 12 oz can at the other course)Gatorade/Powerade $2, Snack shop: Sandwiches $5, hot dogs 3.50 ,,,A little pricey, but the guy is all about making $$$.....Back in "99 I played a private course in Davie Fl (Grande Oaks, the old Rolling Hills where a lot of Caddyshack was filmed) and back then beers were $8....Unbelievable....
[/B]

Average for a canned beer and hotdog is about $550, but atleast they are quater pound hotdogs :)

i can get a sandwich (or hotdog) chips and fountain soda for $6. Usually the canned domestic beers are $3, but if you buy 5, the 6th is free. Usually the guy playing the worst in the group gets the beer.

Back