So is the Mashie unanimously on THP regarded as the best hybrid?

I'm going to go try out the Mashie, the 910H, and the R11 Hybrid this weekend.

ill have to look. i have the strong lofted 3 and 4 hybrids i believe. the 3+, if you will...

ill look and pm you.

Many thanks.

The Mashie is pretty sweet. Great head, real Kua shaft and substantially cheaper then the 910H or Rescue TP which would be the next thing I compair it against in terms of quality. I really wish it could have worked for me but I just couldn't get the right flex code for me without a custom order

I like the Adams super black. I am pretty Adams biased with hybrids though. Been playing an Adams hybrid of some sort for years.

I tried out plenty of hybrids before buying my two mashies, like I said in the Mashie thread it was love at first hit. It was the total package for me, easiest hybrid to hit for me. My guess is that the Miyazaki shaft played a huge role in my desicion. It's just so smooth!

I dont think there is a "best" anything really in my opinion. However at the outing we had rows and rows of equipment for demo day and had 50 people get to hit the Mashie about 6 months before release. In the end it was a clear cut overall favorite out of everything that was out there.

For $150 you get a solid club head and a $150 aftermarket shaft. That shaft costs $150 if you want to put it in any other hybrid, yet Cleveland is putting them standard in these.

Im still trying to figure out how the Rescue 11, 910H and a few others can even be compared based on standard shafts. I certainly couldnt, it was not even close for me and yet they cost more.

So far the Mashie is the best hybrid I've hit to date. It literally has everything, great looks, super shaft, awesome sound, consistent results.

The R11 Rescue is a close second though. While not as forgiving or long as the Mashie (for me anyway) I do like the shaft. While it's not a Miyazaki, the RIP is a nice offering. The key difference between the two is the adjustability of the R11.

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

That's true but what do you want to adjust if the mashie gives you more than you could ever ask for ;)
I have to say the mashie really is the best Hybrid I ever hit. I just ordered a M1 to replace my 3w ... Mashie is just that good :D

So far the Mashie is the best hybrid I've hit to date. It literally has everything, great looks, super shaft, awesome sound, consistent results.

The R11 Rescue is a close second though. While not as forgiving or long as the Mashie (for me anyway) I do like the shaft. While it's not a Miyazaki, the RIP is a nice offering. The key difference between the two is the adjustability of the R11.

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

I don't like the looks of the mashie, even if I hit it good, it would be in my heaad, the confidence wouldn't be there, guess I'm weird like that lol

I did not like the Mashie. I thought that it was easy to hit and very forgiving. But I didn't like the feel, I thought it felt like a pillow on the end of a really nice stick. I was getting the same distances as my Adams Idea Pro Gold hybrids. So I saw no need to get the Mashie.

I love my FTiz hybrids. I hit the Mashie and it really didn't do anything for me. The sound and the feel of the Callaways can't be beat and the ball jumps off the face....what else could you ask for?

basically just pointing out the main difference is all
That's true but what do you want to adjust if the mashie gives you more than you could ever ask for ;)
I have to say the mashie really is the best Hybrid I ever hit. I just ordered a M1 to replace my 3w ... Mashie is just that good :D

This is the first time I've ever heard anything like this. ever. interesting.
I did not like the Mashie. I thought that it was easy to hit and very forgiving. But I didn't like the feel, I thought it felt like a pillow on the end of a really nice stick. I was getting the same distances as my Adams Idea Pro Gold hybrids. So I saw no need to get the Mashie.

This is the first time I've ever heard anything like this. ever. interesting.

Just my thoughts. I hit the mashie on four different occasions. I hit it consistently the same every time. I think I saw like a 20 yard dispersion right to left. I liked that. I just couldn't get any distance out of it and the face felt a little dead to me. I just didnt fall in love with it.

Just my thoughts. I hit the mashie on four different occasions. I hit it consistently the same every time. I think I saw like a 20 yard dispersion right to left. I liked that. I just couldn't get any distance out of it and the face felt a little dead to me. I just didnt fall in love with it.

Distance?
In most cases loft is loft if hitting it square on hybrids. In most testing, like our Shoot Outs, we see less than a 5 yard distance in all and being that these are stronger lofted than many, I am a bit puzzled. Do you feel the shaft was not for you and it is the reason that you were not hitting it flush?

Distance?
In most cases loft is loft if hitting it square on hybrids. In most testing, like our Shoot Outs, we see less than a 5 yard distance in all and being that these are stronger lofted than many, I am a bit puzzled. Do you feel the shaft was not for you and it is the reason that you were not hitting it flush?

really don't know what it was. I like the Miyazaki in the Launcher drivers. Maybe it just wasn't right in the Mashie. All I know is the with the M3 I was hitting around 190 yards on a simulator. I hit my Idea Pro Gold 3 hybrid (with a weaker loft) a solid 200. I hit the Rescue 11 3-hybrid 220+ yards.

I haven't hit the mashie yet so I don't have a comparison for you, but the best hybrid I've ever hit is the original Taylormade Rescue, I love it!

Mashie was a decent club, I just couldnt get that thing to stop going left, and I had the Tour version, so I played with it once and now it sits in my non gamer golf bag, I prefer my VR Pro hybrid, you can customize the lie angle, so I had it bent a couple of degrees flat and its just better for me and the RIP shaft is a good combo with that head. Its super easy to work.

I love my Mashie. Very easy to hit. It takes a while to get used to the light weight, but it really goes.

I like my M1 but I had succes with the Adams V3 too. I chose the Mashie because I liked the look at address more.

I had the Mach Speed and switched to the Mashie. No contest, the Mashie is much better.

I am going to be comparing the Mashie & R11 --just on appearance alone I might have to go with the R11. There seems to be a ton of offset with the Mashie. Is the tour version built with less offset?....I have yet to see one. Thanks.

I am going to be comparing the Mashie & R11 --just on appearance alone I might have to go with the R11. There seems to be a ton of offset with the Mashie. Is the tour version built with less offset?....I have yet to see one. Thanks.

Yes, a bit less, and a smaller head.

For me, I couldn't hit the Mashie to save my life... so it'll have to wait.

I'll play; Ping Rapture V2. One of the best Ping has ever made. Workable, great out of the rough and nice around the greens for bump and runs.

Hoosier, I'm interested in the V2, can you vary the trajectory on these babies? I often need to hit a 190-210 "stinger" type shot where I play most frequently. Of course, I still need the high, soft shot from time to time as well. I was thinking about just carrying two sticks with different characteristics because so many hybrids just seem born to go high.

I have the #2 and #4 Mashies and find them to be longer, straighter and easier to hit than the TM Superlaunch hybrids they replaced. I suspect it has to do with the Miyazaki shafts but my confidence level has gone up every week I play them as a result of seeing good shots. I was going to go all 2.0 TM woods. I bought the 2.0 Superfast but traded it for the Cleveland Ultralight driver. Then I got the 3 wood, all with the Miyazaki shafts.

really don't know what it was. I like the Miyazaki in the Launcher drivers. Maybe it just wasn't right in the Mashie. All I know is the with the M3 I was hitting around 190 yards on a simulator. I hit my Idea Pro Gold 3 hybrid (with a weaker loft) a solid 200. I hit the Rescue 11 3-hybrid 220+ yards.

To be fair BluGold, the M3 doesn't match up with a Rescue 11 3 in terms of loft and shaft length, so you should be hitting the R11 farther. An R11 3 matches up to an M2.

Though the Idea Pro Gold vs the Mashie is interesting

Back