Any cornhole players out there?

Been playing for years Bro. A couple of guys have made some here. A Hurricanes set, and aNC State set, and in our office, Mike made a Steelers set. I agree with Ogie, where ther heck have you been?

It's not as popular here as it was a couple of years ago... but I have played a few times. The only difference is the name of the game. We call it Baggo.
Still, I prefer playing washers, in particular, washers using the 3 hole flat board rather than the 1 hole inclined board.

The Thread Name sure peeked my interest. Around here it's just bag toss, see it a little bit at the UCONN football tailgate and usually a great amount of alcohol is required to play. Dam, like your name better.

Did you just crawl out from under a rock buckaro? Can you imagine if cornhole was around in our yonger years

probably about 3 years ago at a PSU tailgater...my buddy pulled out these ancient boards that belonged to his mom back when she attended PSU, i'd say in the 60s or 70s.
they were all white, hole in the middle and couldn't have been bigger than 2' x 2'. needless to say, the game was a little tougher and they were eventually smashed to pieces.

Not only do I play, I teach it in my gym class! Here is a pic of my boards that were hand painted by the art teacher at school for me.

How do I make my pic bigger so you do not have to click on it?

We played for hours at work the other day. Never gets old. (it was a busy day and now you all know where your taxes go:)

Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

We played for hours at work the other day. Never gets old. (it was a busy day and now you all know where your taxes go:)

Where do I send my résumé?

Is beer drinking okay too?

Where do I send my résumé?

Is beer drinking okay too?

Nope can't drink beer but another reason why being a firefighter is the best job in the world! :)

Funny part about this, is I had never heard of this at all until I saw it on Big Brother this year...and in the south corn holing is something WAY different :laughing:

We played this game as kids, it was just called bean bag toss....much less descriptive I kmow

Nope can't drink beer but another reason why being a firefighter is the best job in the world! :)

+1 couldn't agree more

Cornhole = bags right?

I'm dredging this old post up because I decided to try an make the world's largest cornhole board.

Guinness World Records approved my application so now I have to get going on it!

I'm dredging this old post up because I decided to try an make the world's largest cornhole board.

Guinness World Records approved my application so now I have to get going on it!
Wouldnt is just be a really large piece of wood with a hole in it?

I like cornhole a lot.. I don't prefer it over horseshoes, but both are awesome.

I do the sideways spin throw rather than the end over end.. Much more predictable.

I like cornhole a lot.. I don't prefer it over horseshoes, but both are awesome.

I do the sideways spin throw rather than the end over end.. Much more predictable.
I use a knuckleball technique. Low spin.

I use a knuckleball technique. Low spin.

I've seen a lot of really interesting styles, but the one that always comes out on top is the frisbee..

You have a lot of control with knuckle ball?

what a great thread revival!

i toss like Canadan, sideways spin. much more reliable more sliding up the front of the board.
but depending on the type of shot you need for the situation, sometimes you gotta bring out some creative tosses.
i do fancy myself quite the cornhole player....

i also built a set for my dad, for father's day this year. i actually just scrounged together materials that i already had, and didn't end up spending too much on them. they turned out so well, i actually wish i woulda kept them!

8053901222_b53db5bbd9_z.jpg

Wouldnt is just be a really large piece of wood with a hole in it?

No, it has to be a scaled version of a regulation board to qualify. But they want 10x (go big or go home, apparently) which means a 20 foot by 40 foot board... I'm not sure I'm up for that.

I love cornhole. I fancy myself a pretty good player as well. I use the flat side spin as well. I learned how to throw that from horseshoes. Love horseshoes as well. I rambled, now I am done.

Seriously. Tappin'.

I have a home made version of this and I love it. Self acclaimed master.

Corn hole tourney at Reunion, I do have skills...

My little sister is coming to Chicago for her 30th this weekend... time to buy some PBR, dust off the boards and prepare for a little sidewalk cornhole.

I prefer testicle toss (ladder ball) to cornhole but both are played here

Back