2011 Titleist Pro V1 & Pro V1x Golf Balls

Sure there are a lot of great balls, but Bridgestone ball fitting is great. If you can do one in your area you will find a perfect ball for you.

merged with another Titleist Pro V1 golf ball thread.

I can't play them because they cut on the first hard shot with a 9I and down. I've found the Bridgestone B330S balls are more durable along with the Srixon Z Stars. Pentas seem to be a bit tougher also.

How do the ProV1's compare to the new Callaway Tour i's? Has anyone compared the 2 closely or just have any opinions?

How do the ProV1's compare to the new Callaway Tour i's? Has anyone compared the 2 closely or just have any opinions?

The new Hot List in Golf Digest (comes out soon) shows that the new Cally's spin more. Other than that, similar if you ask me.

I can't play them because they cut on the first hard shot with a 9I and down. I've found the Bridgestone B330S balls are more durable along with the Srixon Z Stars. Pentas seem to be a bit tougher also.

i agree, almost every other premium ball i play is allot more durable than a ProV1, Zstar, Penta, Callaway Tour I(s) all last at least a full round if not 2, i even play with the Jaws wedge with Mack daddy grooves, Last ProV1 i played only lasted 8 holes before i tossed it

The new Hot List in Golf Digest (comes out soon) shows that the new Cally's spin more. Other than that, similar if you ask me.

I would agree with them as well, love the spin of the I(s), its also a very consistent spin, doesnt surprise ya if ya know what i mean

Thanks JB!

I would agree with them as well, love the spin of the I(s), its also a very consistent spin, doesnt surprise ya if ya know what i mean
Yes, I hate when you get a massive amount of spin sometimes and then hit the same shot and get no spin with the ProV1's

JB, I assume you have seen the list...which one spun the most? just curious. And to the OP the Bridgestone E5 will give you all you need as far as spin and being cheap. If money is the issue there is no better alternative. I play them whenever the weather is cool or if I havent warmed up before I tee off, just in case I hit off the planet....:banghead:

JB, I assume you have seen the list...which one spun the most? just curious. And to the OP the Bridgestone E5 will give you all you need as far as spin and being cheap. If money is the issue there is no better alternative. I play them whenever the weather is cool or if I havent warmed up before I tee off, just in case I hit off the planet....:banghead:

Im not allowed to divulge as of yet, but it was not the ProV1. We will have a thread on it soon though.

08 ProV is still my favorite generation by far...I played a new ProVx the other day and while the performance is great the durability is a joke.

08 ProV is still my favorite generation by far...I played a new ProVx the other day and while the performance is great the durability is a joke.

Totally Agree JRod!
I may be switching over to Callaway Tour i's. I hear they are very similar to ProV1's with a much better durability.

Totally Agree JRod!
I may be switching over to Callaway Tour i's. I hear they are very similar to ProV1's with a much better durability.

Do you mean 07 or 09?

I love ProV1's and ProV1x's and I love the feel and distance, in fact I haven't found any other ball I like better. The only problem is they are $45.95 a dozen and if I happen to hit a full wedge shot, the cover practically rips off. :banghead: Am I the only one with this problem and does anyone have any tips or other golf ball suggestions? I can't keep paying this much and ruining a golf ball after one swing of my wedge.

I have exactly the same problem. I see we use the same wedges, maybe that's part of the problem?

Opinions on the 2011 Pro V1 x

Opinions on the 2011 Pro V1 x

I have fought off the Pro v is the best golf ball on the market for as long as I can I guess. I have played Nike One Tour D's for the last few years and started with the 20XI's when they came out and I have recently decided I don't really like the ball. I tend to spin the ball a good bit pulling wedges back 10 to 15 feet which backs off the green to much and chews the covers up.
I have recently tried the Srixons Z Stars and the Q Stars. Z Star was ok but it seemed I was about a club short with them and the Q Star actually felt fairly good and only sucked back 3 to 5 feet, but it flew to high for my likings.

Well I bought a dozen Pro V1 x's this week end to give them a try, I almost feel like I'm going over to the darkside by doing it.

What do you think of these balls?

It's my favorite golf ball. I experimented with all the brand name premium golf balls and found the ProV1x was the best ball for me, especially from 100 yards in. I really like how it responds when I pitch and chip with it. The Penta came in second.

It's my favorite golf ball. I experimented with all the brand name premium golf balls and found the ProV1x was the best ball for me, especially from 100 yards in. I really like how it responds when I pitch and chip with it. The Penta came in second.

I'm the same way except insert the Prov1 instead of the prov1x. I just get more spin or more hit and stops out of the Prov1

Short game defines my game, so I'm willing to sacrifice some distance (can't really compress a ProV1) for the great feel around the greens. Nothing comes close chipping and putting, I like the NXT off the tee.

I have fought off the Pro v is the best golf ball on the market for as long as I can I guess. I have played Nike One Tour D's for the last few years and started with the 20XI's when they came out and I have recently decided I don't really like the ball. I tend to spin the ball a good bit pulling wedges back 10 to 15 feet which backs off the green to much and chews the covers up.
I have recently tried the Srixons Z Stars and the Q Stars. Z Star was ok but it seemed I was about a club short with them and the Q Star actually felt fairly good and only sucked back 3 to 5 feet, but it flew to high for my likings.

Well I bought a dozen Pro V1 x's this week end to give them a try, I almost feel like I'm going over to the darkside by doing it.

What do you think of these balls?

I've been hitting the '11 V1x's for a couple of months now and I'm very impressed. They aren't getting quite as spinny off of the tee as the Penta and I still gave enough spin on approach shots. They aren't the most durable ball, but I can live with that. If TM would hurry up and release the Penta 322, I'd love to compare the 2 balls.

I've been hitting the '11 V1x's for a couple of months now and I'm very impressed. They aren't getting quite as spinny off of the tee as the Penta and I still gave enough spin on approach shots. They aren't the most durable ball, but I can live with that. If TM would hurry up and release the Penta 322, I'd love to compare the 2 balls.

Penta 332? They just keep on getting more and more creative...

Back