mikedean441

6X HOF
Reaction score
Handicap
So im in the market for a 5H. Basically due to the fact that im not getting the distance or trajectory on my 5 iron that I used to get. It used to be my 200 yard club almost to the inch, but now, im not even close.

I was holding out to get a Taylormade 07 Burner resuce with a stiff shaft to go witht he 3H that I have, and that I love. However to find one with a stiff shaft is darn near impossible and the used ones on ebay are like $100 for a 4 year old club. Ive been trying to use that and take a shorter swing to get it around 200 yards, but ive caught myself either de-celerating or just pushing it right.

So I come here and ask what are some of the favorites amongst the group?

My two personal favorites are the Cleveland Mashie and the Wilson Staff Fybrid.

I have no doubt the Cleveland Mashie is one of the top draws here. My wife certainly loves her Mashie 5 hybrid and hits it very well.

There a few very sizable threads centered on forum member reviews on the Mashie, Superlaunch 2.0, and the Rescue 11. Take a look.

I should have been a little more clear, from a cost standpoint im probably out of the market for a newer model, so looking more for some of the older favorites (unless I can score a decent used one)

Definitely check out the Fybrid in that case.

I should have been a little more clear, from a cost standpoint im probably out of the market for a newer model, so looking more for some of the older favorites (unless I can score a decent used one)

Posted via Tapatalk.

Go find a Nike SQ Sumo Hybrid in a 5. One of my favorite all time lines of clubs.

Then save yourself a fortune and try out the Nickent 4DX. You can probably pick them up for next to nothing right now.

Go find a Nike SQ Sumo Hybrid in a 5. One of my favorite all time lines of clubs.

a fellow pro gold iron player those are fiew and far between. i love my set i picked them up feb last year for 399.00 off golfio (what a steal) with 3&4 hybrid and 5- PW. i have been really happy with them. anyone i let hit them has been impressed. how do you like them?

Then save yourself a fortune and try out the Nickent 4DX. You can probably pick them up for next to nothing right now.

I'll check it out for sure

yeah I hit the 4 and liked it, local store of course didnt have any 5's

I could always look into a 4 for the taylormade and see if there is a huge yardage distance

a fellow pro gold iron player those are fiew and far between. i love my set i picked them up feb last year for 399.00 off golfio (what a steal) with 3&4 hybrid and 5- PW. i have been really happy with them. anyone i let hit them has been impressed. how do you like them?

pm sent.

Adams A7. Probably the most boring clubs in my bag. They don't do anything but go straight. Can get them used for a good price.

Nickent would be my answer as well.

just checked some out online, very reasonably priced, I'll have to try em out and see from there...thanks

You can find the Launcher DST, Adams A7, Wilson Fybrid all for under $100 and they are all pretty solid.

+1

Love mine! Got it new from DallasGolf for $40.

Bobby Jones Players. REALLY nice of the tee and super easy off the turf. And they look great.

Very low profile, so tee it low, but you will find these awfully solid clubs from almost any lie. They seem to be going for around 50 bucks on ebay now. I really can't say enough good things about them. I have 3-6. They are still in the back-up bag and may find their way back depending on how the Mashies work out.

bjones-2.jpg

Bobby Jones Players. REALLY nice of the tee and super easy off the turf. And they look great.

Very low profile, so tee it low, but you will find these awfully solid clubs from almost any lie. They seem to be going for around 50 bucks on ebay now. I really can't say enough good things about them. I have 3-6. They are still in the back-up bag and may find their way back depending on how the Mashies work out.

bjones-2.jpg

These are very nice but I tend to push/slice them more than others. Totally a swing issue so I need a bit heavier shaft. When I pay a bit of attention they are wonderful and used to call the 30*, my fairway wedge and they truly are rescue wonders when you're in a mess lie. I've got the 3, 4 & 5 in stock regular shaft, that I should probably unload so that someone else can enjoy them. They're too nice for the closet!

Mike if you like the 07 burner models Dick's has burner HT models which are the same as an 07 burner. I asked a salesperson about these since I like the 07 burner drivers and he said they are the same clubs only available at Dick's and possibly Golf Galaxy. Good luck.

Mike if you like the 07 burner models Dick's has burner HT models which are the same as an 07 burner. I asked a salesperson about these since I like the 07 burner drivers and he said they are the same clubs only available at Dick's and possibly Golf Galaxy. Good luck.

yeah I was told that awhile back, the 5H has been hard to find, I called about 4 dicks around and no luck.

There are a few out there on ebay now, they just seema bit overpriced, but I might just cave in at some point

and of course I missed out on a nice used one for $50 plus $10 shipping last week when I was consumed looking for wedges lol

Definitely check out the Fybrid in that case.

Posted via Tapatalk.

I've been looking at the Fybrid since I have had such good luck with the Di11's. Are there any reviews of them here Hawk?

Back