Any cornhole players out there?

Chunkylover77

Proud JakeNation Member
Reaction score
Handicap
Hey guys. I have recently discovered the great game of cornhole. I am now considering trying to build my own boards. Anyone out there play?

boy was this thread completly not what I thought it was going to be.

Dad built a great one for my high schools charity fair.
I'll see if I can wrestle up some pictures.
It had a pic of Jerry Rice and the hole was right where his hands were. (shows how old I am huh?)

They had it set up on the last cruise we took, lots of people playing so we did not get the chance. It looks like fun if you are a horseshoes fan.

we dont play it too much here in connecticut, but when we visit our family out in Ohio, we'll play every day for hours on end. Both my brother and I, along with our dad and his 3 brothers are super competative about it. I personally cant stand the plastic sets but my uncle built a nice set out of wood and we'll play on that for the most part.

Love the game, I'm the King of corn hole :)

love cornhole!
for awhile, i was under the impression that my dad actually invented the game. lol. he built some small boards and we used to call it "bean bag".
i've won some cornhole tournaments in my day...big money tourneys!

i had a guy on eBay build me these boards awhile back, and i'm thinking about building another set on my own this summer...

5569117610_d107827a0c_z.jpg

big Pitt bball fan...(go Butler, i guess :disapointed:)

Love Cornhole. I have a regulation set that a buddy gave me.

Cornhole is very big in the Cincinnati area, like big enough where they hold national tournaments in the local US Bank Arena. Like many have said, its a great game for cookouts and tailgates. I made a wooden set for my house back in college and it was pretty easy to do. Fun game to play with groups of couples too.

The hardest part to making your own set was using the jig saw to cut the perfect circles. If you build a set, I recommend using pine for the wood (keeps the weight down) and use retractable / removable legs. Both make it much easier to transport and store. Also make sure you use bags filled with actual corn. Some of the bag sellers online use a dusty corn filler that doesnt wear well.

Are you threatening me?

One question. Why the heck is it called cornhole? Its washers played with beanbags.

@dubbledxu - they're actually stickers, but unless you really look, you can hardly tell. the guy that built them did a fantastic job.

nice material as well...good, solid wood. so when you toss, the bags don't bounce much and the boards don't move or shake. and they have the nice retractable legs.
we've played inside the house many, many times during the winter...can't wait until summer, so we can actually get some outside usage out of them again.

One question. Why the heck is it called cornhole? Its washers played with beanbags.

bags filled with corn, throw it in the hole. = cornhole

Got hooked on it last summer. My buddy built me some boards in Husky colors. Ordered the matching bags online. A game that must be played with a cold beverage in one hand though.

Just played my first official cornhole session this weekend and I could definitely see the drinking aspect of this game.

interested in hearing how everyone keeps score....

i've played many different ways and "to each his own"...but i play 3 in, 1 on, to 21 win by 2. all points count. no cancels, no subtraction.
i find that this way requires you to score points quick or lose quick, and the least amount of math involved, the better...especially when drinking. :drinks:

I used to play often, and was pretty good at it. I think it came from the fact that I bowl all the time.

Gave it up for Lent!

interested in hearing how everyone keeps score....

i've played many different ways and "to each his own"...but i play 3 in, 1 on, to 21 win by 2. all points count. no cancels, no subtraction.
i find that this way requires you to score points quick or lose quick, and the least amount of math involved, the better...especially when drinking. :drinks:

This is how everyone I know who plays keeps score. It's the easiest after you have put away 6 or more cold ones. I can't wait for some cookouts. I'm ready to dust off my boards.

Just Tap It In. Just Tap It In.

I don't like to brag about it but yes, my golf foursome will finish a round of golf on a Saturday and go over to the one guy's house for beer drinkin' and a little cornhole'ing in the backyard. Nice fenced in backyard so we don't disturb the neighbors with our cornhole-ing as it can get kinda loud when we're pitchin' and tossin'. Of course when we're done the other three guys feel the need to smoke some cigars. Then we'll have our wives come over for bbq (and to drive our intoxicated selves to our respective homes). We try not to let them watch us while we cornhole as we like to keep it just between us. Remove all the inappropriate sexual overtones and the game is actually a good time. Hehehe.

Cornhole at every UGA tailgate and any sunny weekend. A golf buddy of mine made some and gave them to me for my birthday. The gift that keeps on giving.

You can't swing a dead cat without hitting people cornhole-ing in the parking lot at the Univeristy of Iowa football game tailgaters either.

Hey guys. I have recently discovered the great game of cornhole. I am now considering trying to build my own boards. Anyone out there play?

Did you just crawl out from under a rock buckaro? Can you imagine if cornhole was around in our yonger years

I love playing cornhole. Get all my buddies together and we have some great tournaments. My school even did a "Cornhole for Cancer" tournament and we raised a lot of money and had a ton of fun too.

Did you just crawl out from under a rock buckaro? Can you imagine if cornhole was around in our yonger years

LOL I would never have survived. I'm still not sure how we made it past 25 bro.

Back