Forum Putter Testing Sign Up

You guys are incredible. Another great opportunity for THP members.

1. What putter style (shape) are you partial to?

Face Balance Mallet

2. What is your current putter?

Carbite ZG

3. Do you prefer inserts or no inserts and why?

No opinion - the Carbite has a brass insert but have not tried others

4. What is your biggest weakness in putting?

I pull short putts.

Awesome opportunity, thanks THP!

1. What putter style (shape) are you partial to? I usually prefer blades or mid-mallets, but am open to anything. I prefer heel shafted, but haven't really tested anything different.
2. What is your current putter? Ray Cook Tunnel Vision 3
3. Do you prefer inserts or no inserts and why? I can't say. I've used both and both seem fine to me. I've only ever owned cheap putters so I have no idea what feels "good" to me.
4. What is your biggest weakness in putting? Alignment is the absolute biggest problem I have. Every now and then, I have speed issues. I putt 75 balls a day and still can't fix my alignment.

Last edited:
1. What putter style (shape) are you partial to? I prefer a blade style, but sometimes if my putting is off I'll switch to a mallet.

2. What is your current putter? Old Scotty Cameron/ oddesey mallet putter (dont even know names or styles)

3. Do you prefer inserts or no inserts and why?if it's a fast green I prefer no insert because I can "feel" my hits better. But if its a slow green I need an insert to soften my hit a little.

4. What is your biggest weakness in putting? I have the hardest time lining up the ball. Speed is pretty good, line is good. I just can't seem to aim it right.

1. What putter style (shape) are you partial to? A mallet or semi mallet
2. What is your current putter?Odyessy sabertooth and Vintage Ram Zebra
3. Do you prefer inserts or no inserts and why? A harder insert or no insert.Some inserts take away my"feel" especially on longer putts.
4. What is your biggest weakness in putting? Hitting the hole!Lol Actually my biggest problem is alignment.

Great testing!!!

1. What putter style (shape) are you partial to? Center shafted Mid mallet
2. What is your current putter? SeeMore mFGP CS currently in the bag.
3. Do you prefer inserts or no inserts and why? I prefer the feel of milled putters.
4. What is your biggest weakness in putting? Reading right to left breaks.

Thanks for another great opportunity THP!

Pick me! Pick me! Got lots of free time!

1. What putter style (shape) are you partial to? Heel shafted
2. What is your current putter? PING Craz-E
3. Do you prefer inserts or no inserts and why? Inserts because that's what I've used for years
4. What is your biggest weakness in putting? While putting is probably the best part of my game, I sometimes tend to not give my line enough break, leading to missing on the low side.

I am assuming this is what the little birdie was talking about in the Banter thread?

I wonder who the company is... Place your bets folks.

1. What putter style (shape) are you partial to? Mid-Mallet. I have been partial to the heel shafted, but currently play a double bend.
2. What is your current putter? I am currently playing a Kia-Ma Monte Carlo. I have also played a Seemore M3 and Odyssey WH #7.
3. Do you prefer inserts or no inserts and why? I have no real preference. I really like my Kia Ma putter right now- so my tendency would be to say I prefer milled. That said, I enjoyed the Odyssey when I gamed it and wouldn't hesitate to play an insert again in the future.
4. What is your biggest weakness in putting? I tend to have a small push right on "touch" putts. When I commit to a putt I tend to do better, otherwise I hit a lot of lips during a round.

Thank you THP for this amazing opportunity. Also- putter company to be named later- I really appreciate you trusting the consumer enough to do long term testing. It says a lot about the faith in your product and about caring what the consumer wants!

1. What putter style (shape) are you partial to? Mallett center shaft
2. What is your current putter? Cameron Red X
3. Do you prefer inserts or no inserts and why? Does not matter either way
4. What is your biggest weakness in putting? Alignment

THP setting the bar yet again! Again, a great oppurtunity for my putting green to get some more love.

1. What putter style (shape) are you partial to? I enjoy ansers, but I like any heel shafted, blade/mid mallet putter. I am not in love with center shafted!
2. What is your current putter? Taylormade Rossa Daytona 1
3. Do you prefer inserts or no inserts and why? Inserts, but I will enjoy playing either. I like the "touch" (best word?) I feel off of the clubface more with the inserts, and depending on the brand, it can feel more firm to me than milled. The feedback is better, I can feel if I hit the center of the insert more than the edges, unlike milled with me.
4. What is your biggest weakness in putting? Lags. I have improved immensly in short putting due to my putting green, but I have trouble with judging speed right now.

1. What putter style (shape) are you partial to?
Mallet-I play a Nike ic202 and have an old Ram Zebra I knock balls around my office floor with. I have tried blade and heel-toe putters but have trouble hitting my line.

2. What is your current putter?
Nike ic 2020 for play and an old Ram Zebra in my office. I have a knock off ping Anser at home that I use on my son's putting green in his room.

3. Do you prefer inserts or no inserts and why?
No opinion. Although I have played both, I am much more sensitive to length, head shape and weight than impact feel.

4. What is your biggest weakness in putting?
Tempo. It is the source of my pushes and pulls.

1. What putter style (shape) are you partial to? I like blade putters. I like the traditional look to them
2. What is your current putter? Odessey White hot #2
3. Do you prefer inserts or no inserts and why?I have no real preference but My current Putter has inserts
4. What is your biggest weakness in putting? Judging distance. I usually miss hit them short

1. What putter style (shape) are you partial to? I prefer anser type blades as I feel I can control the head a little better.
2. What is your current putter? I alternate between my Ping Pal 4 or my new Bettinardi BB8.
3. Do you prefer inserts or no inserts and why? Thus far I seem to have performed better with no inserts. The best reason I can come up with is that it feels more natural without the insert which helps my consistency. At least that is the perception I get.
4. What is your biggest weakness in putting? My biggest weakness is distance control. Some times I fire the putt well past or leave it short.

Thanks THP and the unknown putter company for another great opportunity to test great products.

1.What putter style are you partial to? heal shafted
2.What is your current putter? Odyssey Dual Force 880
3.Do you prefer inserts or no inserts and why? I prefer inserts just for the feel [ I can putt with either ball still doesn't drop]
4.What is your biggest weakness in putting? Other than my self any putt over 20' I like to push them pull them, hammer them , and tap them

Thanks THP sounds like fun

Another great chance to test some equpiment! Thanks THP and Mystery Company
1. What putter style (shape) are you partial to?- Mid Mallet #9 Heel Shafted Style
2. What is your current putter?-TM-880 Tour Maranello Ghost
3. Do you prefer inserts or no inserts and why?Inserts, I believe it gets the ball rolling better and truer than a non insert putter
4. What is your biggest weakness in putting? Pulling putts left

1. What putter style (shape) are you partial to? Mallets or center shafted mallets.
2. What is your current putter? TM Ghost 770
3. Do you prefer inserts or no inserts and why? Insert most of the time, like the soft feel.
4. What is your biggest weakness in putting? Downhill putting.

Hope I get in on this one, I love testing putters and this cloud help me find my next putter, even though I love my current one.

Thanks for the opportunity THP!

1. What putter style (shape) are you partial to? Anser/Anser Zing style, Mallet heel shafted
2. What is your current putter? Taylormade Corza Ghost
3. Do you prefer inserts or no inserts and why? Yes I love the new insert technology, I feel it gives a better forward roll with the new groove inserts. And stays on line more consistently.
4. What is your biggest weakness in putting? 5 to 10 feet, I want to make a better % of these putts. More consistent inside 10 feet!

Thanks again THP!

1. What putter style (shape) are you partial to? I like heel shafted putters because I have a gated stroke. I especially like the mid-mallet, "9" style, heel shafted putters.
2. What is your current putter? Wilson Staff 8883
3. Do you prefer inserts or no inserts and why? I usually prefer no insert because I think I get a better feel for speed and distance. Perception may not match reality in this case. However, I'm intrigued by some of the newer putters with inserts that purport to get the ball rolling more quickly.
4. What is your biggest weakness in putting? My biggest weakness is distance control on longer putts. I sometimes feel as though my alignment could be better on shorter putts, as well.

This is awesome!!! Of course I would expect nothing less.
1. I currnetly play a mallet but will switch to a blade if putting bad
2.Odyssey White Hot XG Sabertooth
3.Inserts, I like the soft feel
4.Speed

Awesome idea THP! Best place ever!

1. What putter style (shape) are you partial to? Heel-Shafted
2. What is your current putter? Nike Method 001
3. Do you prefer inserts or no inserts and why? Ive rolled both and dont really prefer one over the other. I think you can feel both equally well. I have the method now and like it shorter putts, but im not lagging well with it.
4. What is your biggest weakness in putting? Lag putting. I leave em short, long. need to work on it!

Awesome!!!

1. What putter style (shape) are you partial to? Blade or Mid-mallet heel shafted putter like the Odyssey #9
2. What is your current putter? Odyssey black series tour designs #9
3. Do you prefer inserts or no inserts and why? No inserts, I prefer a milled face because before I had the putter that I have now, I had an Odyssey White hot Tour #9 with the insert and I just prefer the firmer feel of a milled face.
4. What is your biggest weakness in putting? Hitting putts a bit too hard with too much confidence. I'm confident with my putting but sometimes I just try to hit putts harder so that I don't have to play too much break.

Thanks!!

Last edited:
Thanks again for another great opportunity THP!!

1. What putter style (shape) are you partial to? I tend to stay on the mallet shape, I have a mid-mallet right now in the bag, but I like trying blades.
2. What is your current putter? TM-880, or SeeMore FGP
3. Do you prefer inserts or no inserts and why? I don't mind either. I really like the way my TM feels, but I also like the FGP too.
4. What is your biggest weakness in putting? I tend to pulls the putts right when using a blade style putter. If I could cut down my 3 putts to only a few, I could really cut down my strokes. Putting is my weakest part right now.

Last edited:
I love putters!!

1. What putter style (shape) are you partial to: center shafted, small mallet or blade.
2. What is your current putter? Scotty Cameron 2.6, near center shafted
3. Do you prefer inserts or no inserts and why? No insert. I like the feel of the milled putter better. (I am not opposed to inserts if they are not super soft).
4. What is your biggest weakness in putting? I tend to look up and pull putts.

Last edited:
This is the area of my game that I could use the most help on. I'm really stoked about this one!!!

1. Toe weighted putter has been what is suppose to work best for me. I open and close the face, trying to go inside the path to down the line.
2. Currently using Nike Method 002.
3. I have been using inserts because I like the soft feel and been taking advantage of the technology that is suppose to get the ball rolling faster.
4. Consistency has been my biggest issue. Some days I have trouble starting it on line and some days I struggle with speed. I hate the days when I struggle with both.

Back