WITB Arnold Palmer Invitational at Bay Hill

I meant going from a 50* to a 58* dude. But I reread my post and can see the confusion.

Anyway, what does Charles Howell 3 have in his bag?

Driver - TaylorMade R11 9*
FW - Callaway Diablo 15*
Hybrid - Titleist 909H 18*
Irons - Mizuno JPX 800 Pro 4-PW
Wedges - Mizuno MP T-11 52, 56, 58
Putter - titleist Scotty Cameron Kombi
Ball - Titleist Pro V1 (09)

WOW 68* really? I like the look of his bag.

JPX 800 Pros huh? That's awesome!

What on earth would a guy do with a 68* wedge? edit: nevermind.

Please see above

Please tell me that is a typo, JB. Clam fist will be drooling otherwise.

EDIT

Nevermind. Dang, JB is fast

It was a typo, I had edited it, but not before your post.

Ok, but that is still a strange wedge setup to me, 56* then 58*, thats a pretty small gap.

Ok, but that is still a strange wedge setup to me, 56* then 58*, thats a pretty small gap.

Maybe one has a different grind for flops and such? I dunno.

Golfers get too caught up in gaps. In reality, these guys a lot of times only use a wedge or two for all shots and then have a 3rd strictly for different shots such as bunker or somewhere where different bounce is needed.

Golfers get too caught up in gaps. In reality, these guys a lot of times only use a wedge or two for all shots and then have a 3rd strictly for different shots such as bunker or somewhere where different bounce is needed.

That makes a lot of sense JB.

Can you even buy r9 forged irons? And are we talking the new tour preferred or the 2009 tour preferred?

Yes there is a Japanese Forged version R9.

Man CH3 has quite the mix going on. Who sponsors him?

I liketosee how pros setup their bags. To me-I dont see a need for a 2nd fw wood, I don't hit them out of the rough and ideally if I hit my driver far enough i only need a long 230+ club a few times.

Maybe once i get a driver tuned nice I'd consider having a fairway wood i hit off the deck, until then like the hybrids. So i have plenty of room in my bag for3 wedges, even a specialty wedge too.

I like pelz theory of using 4 types of wedge swings, 1/4,1/2. 3/4 and full swing.. With your wedges you then have 12 yardages that you can hit. Sounds great in theory but ineedtoiron outmyyardages.

Stupid spacebar is acting up!

JPX 800 Pros huh? That's awesome!

What on earth would a guy do with a 68* wedge? edit: nevermind.

Maybe pick his nose or sratch and itch on his face with no hands... LOL

Just having a little fun....

Rickie Fowler?

Phil? Seeing if he has changed anything up in preparing for the Masters.

I guess i don't think there's much reason to put stock in what your wedge set up is based on what the pro's use. They have whatever fits their game, their distances, their shots. To me I doubt there's some hard and fast rule they live by, it's just whatever fits their shots, distances, comfort.

I guess i don't think there's much reason to put stock in what your wedge set up is based on what the pro's use. They have whatever fits their game, their distances, their shots. To me I doubt there's some hard and fast rule they live by, it's just whatever fits their shots, distances, comfort.

They've also got the option of changing next week if the course they're playing demands a different set of shots.

Rickie Fowler?

Phil? Seeing if he has changed anything up in preparing for the Masters.

Phils bag is the same as it has been each week that it has been put up.

Fowler

Driver - Titleist 910 D3 8.5*
FW - Titleist 910 F 13.5*
Hybrid - Adams 9031 Pro Black 18* & 20*
Irons - Titleist 710 MB (4-PW)
Wedges - Titleist Vokey - 54* & 58*
Putter - Titleist Scotty Cameron (Proto)
Ball - Titleist Pro V1x (09)

Couple of little things.

Paul Goydos went from Burner 2.0 irons to the new TP MB irons. Quite a difference.
Kenny Perry had them build a set of MCs for him, but he stuck with the CBs.

Poor Goydos. It's been a tough year for him. Any other TM staffers playing the CB?

Couple of little things.

Paul Goydos went from Burner 2.0 irons to the new TP MB irons. Quite a difference.
Kenny Perry had them build a set of MCs for him, but he stuck with the CBs.

Posted via Tapatalk.

Poor Goydos. It's been a tough year for him. Any other TM staffers playing the CB?

Posted via Tapatalk.

Not this week that I have seen.

How about Sean O'Hair? I know he missed the cut, but we heard several interesting stories about him last weekend and he seems like a good guy.

How about Sean O'Hair? I know he missed the cut, but we heard several interesting stories about him last weekend and he seems like a good guy.

This is what the survey has, but I am not sure if he played that putter all 4 rounds.

Driver - TaylorMade R11 9.5*
FW - TaylorMade Burner 15* * R7 17.5*
Hybrid - TaylorMade Rescue 11 21*
Irons - Taylormade 4-PW RAC MB
Wedges - TaylorMade RAC 52* & xFT 60*
Putter - TaylorMade Rossa Corza Ghost
Ball - TaylorMade Penta TP

Back