Hello from Northern NY

joshiemac25

Hacker in Paradise
Reaction score
Handicap
Hello Everyone,

New member here from Massena NY way up on the Canadian Border. Golf season normally lasts from April to early November assuming the snow melts on time and it doesn't arrive too early...

I work at a medium sized public college in Potsdam NY as the Assistant Director of Residence Life and Housing... essentially I am in charge of all the residence halls and the housing processes that put students in rooms along with any new construction or renovation planning.

I get absolutely crazy this time of the year waiting for the snow to melt and courses to start opening. When in season I golf 2-3 times a week at a few local area courses and play in a 9 hole league every Tuesday along with a few area college employee tourneys throughout the summer.

I typically do not change gear a lot (outside of new wedges), might get 1 new club a year and an iron set every 4 years or so,,, but this year I am waiting on my 1 golf equipment purchase to show up... heck I would even settle for a shipping notification for now... Never Compromise Gambler Custom Boat,,, paint filled with Dark Blue and Cherry Paint... I absolutely cannot wait for it to show up!!!

So, pleased to be here and a member after lurking for a while now...

Greetings and Welcome Josh! I change gear like people change socks! I'm hoping to change that habit. :)

Welcome to THP.

Welcome to THP, we're glad you stopped lurking and decided to join in on the fun! We're all kinda going crazy waiting for the golf season to start. Well, a lot of us are. Some lucky souls get to play year round.

Welcome!

Welcome aboard...

It just takes desire and a moving truck and you too can play year around :giggle:

Welcome to THP, we're glad you stopped lurking and decided to join in on the fun! We're all kinda going crazy waiting for the golf season to start. Well, a lot of us are. Some lucky souls get to play year round.

Welcome to THP, nice purchase, I would be waiting anxiously too.

Welcome to THP! I feel your pain on upstate NY. I have been stationed at Fort Drum twice in my 25 year career. We have treaded the same area I'm sure. I lived in Carthage and Sackets Harbor.

nice to meet you

Welcome to THP. I've been to Massena plenty of times. I used to have to go Canton, Potsdam, and Watertown a lot for work. I have a buddy that I went to college with who lives in Govenour. Do you work at SUNY Potsdam? That is a very nice campus.

:welcome: I hope you enjoy the site!

Yes I do work at SUNY Potsdam, very nice campus and we are making some huge improvements all the time too...

Yes I do work at SUNY Potsdam, very nice campus and we are making some huge improvements all the time too...

I don't remember the course name, but I played a 9 hole course up near Canton a few years ago. I used to stay at the hotel by SLU and use that practice range to kill time.

Welcome to THP and post pics of that new baby once she arrives!!

Welcome to THP!

welcome!

Hello and :welcome:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello Everyone,

New member here from Massena NY way up on the Canadian Border. Golf season normally lasts from April to early November assuming the snow melts on time and it doesn't arrive too early...

I work at a medium sized public college in Potsdam NY as the Assistant Director of Residence Life and Housing... essentially I am in charge of all the residence halls and the housing processes that put students in rooms along with any new construction or renovation planning.

I get absolutely crazy this time of the year waiting for the snow to melt and courses to start opening. When in season I golf 2-3 times a week at a few local area courses and play in a 9 hole league every Tuesday along with a few area college employee tourneys throughout the summer.

I typically do not change gear a lot (outside of new wedges), might get 1 new club a year and an iron set every 4 years or so,,, but this year I am waiting on my 1 golf equipment purchase to show up... heck I would even settle for a shipping notification for now... Never Compromise Gambler Custom Boat,,, paint filled with Dark Blue and Cherry Paint... I absolutely cannot wait for it to show up!!!

So, pleased to be here and a member after lurking for a while now...

Wow, you really are up there arent' you? Welcome to THP bro, you'll love it here.

Welcome Joshie, it is nice to have you here. I bet there are a lot of nice courses up there in NY!

Welcome to THP Josh

Welcome to THP!

Hello Everyone and thanks for the warm welcomes. Yes, up here we have a good amount of courses and most of them are pretty nice and really affordable. A few on the St. Lawrence River are absolutely amazing and beautiful.

Ranger - lots of growth over at Fort Drumm, the area has gotten really populated between Drumm and Watertown and it is still expanding.

Ddec - yeah, have spent some time at that range too, one of the few practice areas in the area that you can practice multiple parts of your game. St. Lawrence University Course at the Best Western. Nice course there too. Hmm, 9 hole in Canton a few years ago, might have been Partridge Run before it added its back 9 or if you were farther north in Ogdensburg, would have been the St. Lawrence State Park Course.

If you head back up here and want to get out for a round, shoot me a message and maybe we can get together for a round...

Welcome to THP !!

Back