r9 460 vs. 9064ls

polarisdude94

golf junky
Reaction score
Handicap
Have both and wanted to compare them at the range today, but it was cloudy and there was a strong head wind. So i was not able to get a real accurate rating. Anybody have any experiences? Also, I was messing around with lead tape on my r9 460 and when I hit it before it had a "pingy" sound, after the lead tape it was more of a solid "thwack". Has anybody ever experienced this? And do you think it would make any difference in distance?
Thanks. Also, for the r9 what setting do you use and why? Im looking for a good medium-high but piercing ball flight. I do hit the ball straight now for the most part.

Sorry man, but I just can't help you with this one. What setting do you have your R9 on right now?

I have an R9 and the setting is at NU (1 degree upright) and it works fine for me...I would start at N and determine what works best.

I have it set at N right now. But I was just wondering what other people have theirs set at. What will NU do?

NU will raise the ball flight a bit and promote a draw.

I have a guide for the settings on another PC, but I can't access it here. "L" will raise your ball flight and "R' will lower it. Of course, they will close and open the face, respectively. What sort of ball flight are you seeing with the N setting?

Its about medium right now. I would like to get it a little bit higher. So it sounds like NU would maybe do that. Couldnt I just set it to L or R but then square the face back up with my hands?

Its about medium right now. I would like to get it a little bit higher. So it sounds like NU would maybe do that. Couldnt I just set it to L or R but then square the face back up with my hands?

I would definitely try the NU setting first. I'm not so sure about the second part and it's something I've wondered about concerning the R11 as well.

i owned both last year, loved one of them, hated the other. The 9064 was a rocket for me, I know it was the Aldila rip shaft, the r9 was completely not for me, again had to be the shaft.

They both feel good to me. But I am really interested in the lead tape on the driver that made it feel so much more solid.

This might help a little.

TaylorMade_R9_Driver2.jpg

Thanks, for the picture. I think NU will be good for me.

Anybody else have any feedback on either driver on distance? With the r9 460 today I hit some great ones that I was sure were a lot further, but were not. Im not saying the r9 460 is short, but I have had other drivers that were longer. Including the Superfast and dymo.

Back